Reviews for A Letter to My Husband
EBLoveSong chapter 15 . 7/17/2015
Oh my gosh!
I absolutely loved this story! There aren't words. It's definitely in my top 10 faves of all times.
I gotta say though, reading the first chapter was hard. I was so absorbed by Bella's agonizing thoughts, I was positive that he was being unfaithful. It tore at my heart. I never ever read fanfics where Edward cheats. Neither of them, obviously. Oh poor Jacob! It didn't turn out well for him, I guess. I mean the way Edward handled him turned me right the fuck on. lol. But seriously, I feel bad for the guy. He thought he had a chance.
Ah... I don't know what it is with dominant, jealous, possessive Edward that gets to me so much. It's intoxicating and addictive, I can totally relate to Bella. I get it. Its infuriating, too. Ugh. For a moment there, I was sure Edward would never give in. Like he wasn't affected at all! I wanted to claw at him and BEG him to just do it! He made ME swoon, jeez! His reactions were so strange and at time scary (which was sexy in a very disturbing way, btw) , at the hotel that night and when she finds him in his office in the last chapter. I mean, I understand it yet it puzzles me. He said he wanted to claim her again and again, yet he kept restraining himself.
Anyways, I had been hoping we'd get a letter conversation/discussion between these two. It's the essence of the story after all, isn't it? "A letter to my husband." It's an important, meaningful symbol in your story. Yet they never bring it up afterwards. That was my only disappointment. I was really expecting Edward to say...something on the matter. To tell her what he thought of it or what he felt... if he felt something at all, lol. He's so stoic. On the outside at least. Also, I'm glad he casually mentions that he loves her over the phone, at least. Otherwise, I'd seriously wonder if what he feels for her is a selfish impulse to own her, devoid of emotion, or if said impulse and need roots from his love for her; the driving force of his desire to possess her.
Well, to be honest, I'm so utterly devastated that it's over. It was so short! And I see you haven't written anything else either. But I'll still keep tabs on you, just in case you come up with another amazing thing to share with us. ;)
Thank you so much, I really enjoy it. (Seriously, I'll find your story a place in my iBooks library *sheepish*)

Hope I hear from you again!

- Ally, xo.
Mona69 chapter 15 . 7/11/2015
I loved the build up but i guess the talking felt too much at times!
Guest chapter 15 . 6/30/2015
Your disclaimer states this story is not original, but the way you've compiled it is perfect. I don't remember ever reading anything so wonderfully erotic in my life.
terriberry chapter 15 . 6/7/2015
Oh the agonizing angst, the torturous slow slow burn, and the smoking hot fiery fruition. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenging characters and gorgeous words. Just wonderful.
lemonangeljuice chapter 9 . 6/6/2015
I want to yell! How is this romantic category. This is depressing yet I HAVE to keep reading!
GorGirl chapter 3 . 6/3/2015
Angela is a good friend, and a good companion for Bella.
GorGirl chapter 1 . 6/3/2015
Saw this on TLS.
MildredDempsey chapter 15 . 5/28/2015
It's been a long time since you wrote and posted this story. It only just came into my world last week. This story is WONDERFUL. I loved every last second of it, and I hope life is going great for you : D
tetecruz chapter 15 . 5/27/2015
So I just finished this story and, although it's irrefutably well written, I must confess I'm a little uncomfortable. I don't know if it's also the extremely formal narrative which heightened this feeling but it all lacked a little warmth and love for me. I really can't understand or empathize with this relationship.
Correct me if I'm wrong but should really a 21st century woman willingly submit to this kind of treatment? Does it give us any sense of safety and respect when a man only behaves towards his own wife with such arrogant, belligerent and abusive tendencies? I've seen, read and had all kinds of relationships around me and I can even, somewhat, understand the cultural background you push forward about old marriages; but if there's something we deservedly achieved this last century was the voice to proclaim our choices within those relationships. I'm not only a wife, a mother or a respectful housewife! Yes, I want security and love, but above all else, I want respect for my individual choices. It's quite regressive to think a husband takes ownership of his wife; medieval even! He can exert some power within his household and be the ultimate voice of reason, but let's not mistake leadership and authority with overbearing control and abuse. He shouldn't cultivate fear, oppression or instability... that simply isn't love.
So I ended with a conflict.
Was this all just a sick and twisted mind game to achieve sexual gratification? If so, I can't find redemption or peace in their final actions, only quite possibly a reiteration of their original problems.
Should her self-protective actions, her choice of seeking support from one of her best friends should be perceived as an act of disobedience? Because she met another man while there, she should be punished? I really don't get his imperative ways, the cruelty, the patronizing, the shaming... the harsh words of disrespect when he's clearly the one who should be proving his innocence. But if this is just a case of reinstating his dominance over her, or how you put it, "do as I wish with what is mine" situation; then I believe they should be seeking some sort of therapy while they're at it because this simply isn't healthy.
I apologize for the vehemence, and maybe I'm wrong... but I sensed a demagogic undertone with this story and that's what frightened me, because I feel as women we should condone this kind of chauvinist, patronizing, demeaning behavior not glorify it. This place it's a wonderful platform for creativity and dreams, and in no way I will censure your words, your ideologies or views as the creator - that's not my place or purpose. I just speak of what upsets me and I hope you understand that.
Thank you for sharing this story. :)
emmzac chapter 15 . 5/26/2015
Maybe I lost it somewhere but I still think Edward was cruel and Bella needed to at least punch his lights out. Maybe I just don't understand how withholding sex and taunting someone and making them beg for your love especially the so called love is healthy. Edward still failed to take any ownership in the problems, insecurities and betrayal she felt when she received the photo. What she felt was real and Edward seem to brush over it. Taking his time to make contact, his harsh domineering and somewhat abusive behaviour towards Bella when decide to confront her. Yes I understand he too was devastated when he found her gone and not knowing why but his actions and treatment of Bella were nothing but cruel. He was an ass. But then who am I to judge if this is what rocks their boat.
I did enjoy this story though and a good story does invoke discussion. It kept me reading chapter after chapter and that's a good thing.
Thanks for sharing :-)
emmzac chapter 14 . 5/25/2015
Still at a loss why Bella still feels the blame for leaving is all on her.
* She received a very compromising photo of her husband.
* She tried to contact Edward multiple times
* She wrote a letter explaining her reasons and told him where to find her

I'm sure if I felt as abandoned and lost as she did (especially at a young age) I too may have left. Or maybe just changed the locks.
I'd love to know more about the photo. As in when was it taken, who was the female and was he married to Bella at the time.
I know "Curiosity killed the cat" but it just something I'd like Edward to acknowledge.
Reading on...
Max the Cat chapter 8 . 5/25/2015
Mysterious pictures show up
Suspicious guy in yellow cap on airplane
Creepy Postman
Love of games to tease each other

Am I on to something here?
Max the Cat chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Doesn't he have a cell phone?
emmzac chapter 13 . 5/25/2015
So it was Edward in the photo but who was the female? Was it Bella, Tanya or some other mystery woman? And why did he leave it there?
Still questions but at least he has the letter and that with her notebook he can read and feel the anguish she suffered through her words
Hope they reunite soon. Reading on...
emmzac chapter 12 . 5/25/2015
Thanks for sharing the true side of Edward. Dominant yet caring, loving and a protector of his love.
Finding and reading her notebook may have been what he needed as much as she did. I'm guessing it gave him a true sense of where Bellas head and heart were during her time despair.
Now to find out where he found the letter, did he also find the photo and who sent it.
Reading on ...