Reviews for Eyes of the Tiger
Austra chapter 5 . 10/14/2014
I realise it's been ages since you've done any writing on this - and maybe even been on this site - but if you ever do have a moment, I'd love to hear more from this story. It's very intriguing and a delightful read. The mystery has me going and I love the characters so far. And of course I'm always a sucker for David/OC stories. ;) Thanks for sharing your lovely writing with the world!
-Austra
Austra chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This is an good beginning... I can't wait to read the next chapter! The plot is very believable thus far.

-Austra
Spot'sGalFrom1899 chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
Son of a b*tch! I was all ready to read the next chapter and it wasn't there! And right at a freaking cliffy! You have got to update soon! This story is amazing!
thrufirewithoutaburn chapter 2 . 6/14/2010
Great! I love that David is a stickler for the truth. The way you potrayed it here was flawless. :) Can't wait to read more!
thrufirewithoutaburn chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I'm so excited for this story! This was such a gret start. I've noticed that there is Very little David/Oc (not slash) out there, which is very disappointing. I can't wait to finish reading this! :)
Abetterina chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
"'Dodge quick and den hit 'em where it hurts.' And that particular voice would be Spot Conlon. Ah, great."
lol! I love your thought process for David! It's classic.

"'But if he's fighting for someone else, who knows?' Sher Khan reddened and fled before Kloppman could imply anything else."
Aw...that's cute.
...WHAT? Cliffhanger? No!

Okay, kidding :) But seriously, that was a really good cliff hanger. You must update soon :)
Dreamless-Mermaid chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
Great chapter! It would make sense that she's Spot's cousin, I can totally see it. And I really like that David's kind of crushing on a mean girl. She can whip him into shape haha. Hm, wonder what Sher Khan is hiding from everybody. Keep it coming, it's so good! I'll send you a PM of my characters. Update soon! :D
Switchblade Conlon chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
yes, yes you are most evil! c'mon girl! haha! cousin? that lucky bitch is cousins with spot? jealousy! getting better all the time, update soon, dearie.

LLKNY
Switchblade
foreverkneeld chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
Hey! I like it lots! The part with Spot..."Dodge quick and den hit 'em where it hurts. And that particular voice would be Spot Conlon. Ah, great."

Hilarious. Freakin' hilarious.

Can't wait for more!

Eavis
Dreamless-Mermaid chapter 4 . 4/19/2010
Loving it so far! Like the pairing too. If for some reason you need any more girl characters let me know! If not, that's okay too. I'll still read it :D
foreverkneeld chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Hey, nice. Her reaction to Spot's interesting...We'll have to see about that!

Go with God,

Eavis
Abetterina chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
"David rolled his eyes and called out, 'Extra, extra! Mayor's daughter caught in affair with tailor!'

He immediately had four customers.

How he hated Jack. Sometimes."

-lol! I love that part. It fits David's thought process so well!

"'So basically, you think this girl's hot, but you don't know how to invite her over,' Kid Blink guessed."

-Um, the word "hot" kind of seems out of place. My guess is that they didn't use it back then to describe someone. Next time, I recommend using a different phrase-probably something witty that you'll have to make up yourself-but I have no doubt you're capable of it :)

"Crap. Do you think he would let me out of it?"

-Again, I'm pretty sure they didn't use "crap" back then.

"'Sher Khan is gonna woik as a, uh…what's da woid?'" Jack asked David.

'Seamstress?'" David replied with a bit of sarcasm."

Ha ha! Loved those lines, just like the movie :)

Okay. I really like this story :) It's funny and I think Sher Khan is well suited for David. About the my comments on your modern language use-it's not a big deal, it's just that when, as a reader, you're really into a good period piece and then new slang comes up it kind of ruins the effect of being into it. You're reminded that it is fanfiction and not real. But great story so far! I'm enjoying it regardless!
Switchblade Conlon chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
short but delicious chapter! keep them coming!

LLKNY

Switchblade
vanillashades chapter 3 . 12/27/2009
I really like this story! It's well-written and entertaining, and there really aren't enough David stories out there that aren't slash. :/ Please update again soon! :)
Switchblade Conlon chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
i love it! its really good so far! keep it up! publish another chap soon!