Reviews for Sticks, Stones, and Ice Cream Cones
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 6/20/2010
Ah-so that was Dumbledore's plan (at least it was _after_ the Dursleys tried to sell Harry, oops Greater Good and all that).

But whatever will Albus do for a spy, once Snape's guardianship gets out?
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 6/20/2010
Of course, in his typical arrogance, Moody had told him not to worry.

-Moody's no fool. He knows that Dumbledore can force Snape into doing anything (as we saw in canon)-one reason why Moody turned against Snape so briskly once Albus was gone at the end of HBP.

Anyway, another good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 6/20/2010
Yes, that letter would break Snape's heart, given how Lily had treated him earlier. How very handy that he's needed to infiltrate the child trade. Guess which kid he's going to end up buying...
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 6/20/2010
"You know he hated James for stealing his beloved."

-Ah, dear Minerva, still unwilling to admit her beloved Golden Boys tortured Snape for seven years and nearly killed him. Minor stuff, that. I am also surprised to see she admitted that Snape's childhood was abusive, too (isn't it amazing that everyone is always so concerned about Harry, after never lifting a finger over what Severus endured?).

And it's clear that everyone is dropping the ball now; Minerva should have insisted on seeing Harry for herself, and didn't, just as Snape didn't really see Harry that well.

Dumbledore? It's clear he thinks it's for the Greater Good that Harry stay right where he is, no matter what anyone else says.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 6/20/2010
Oh, dear, Snape is jumping to conclusions and Arabella is leaping to them, and neither one is precisely talking to each other. And where _has_ Vernon been all this time, anyway?
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/20/2010
I am always surprised when Dumbledore sends Snape to look in on Harry, given what he undoubtedly knows about the Dursleys. I'm certain Snape has strong opinions on child abuse, and especially on those who keep a kid where it exists even when they know about it. Be that as it may, here's hoping Snape gives the Dursleys what they deserve.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/20/2010
Another good chapter. Of course, Dumbledore could let Snape have a real vacation, but we both know that's not going to happen. As for Vernon, he's a heart attack looking for a place to happen; one can only hope that a sausage patty will finally help him find it. Petunia needs to get over herself, but she _does_ need help with a magical child, and at least she's asking for it.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Poor Harry! Here's hoping someone finds him soon.
imgettingtiredofyou chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Yay for nice Dudley!
Rainglyph13 chapter 20 . 4/15/2010
I loved this story. Good Job!
Mischivous Purple One chapter 20 . 3/18/2010
*giggle* that was great. especially loved that last bit. lol.
TsuQ chapter 20 . 3/4/2010
Enjoyed the fic. I'm glad that you in a sense completed the story of Harry's early childhood. I like reading complete fics like this, and sequels sometimes get in the way of that ] Characterizations were particularly good. Don't love everyone being related like a soap, but the twist with Harry was good and helped resolve some lingering issues with Snape's character.

That being said, I'm looking forward to reading the continuation. It'll be interesting to see how things change due to his changed childhood. How his attitude will change, what house he'll end up in, will people even recognize him as 'the boy who lived', or will he escape notoriety, at least for a time... Look forward to it ]
doreeloup chapter 19 . 1/30/2010
Hi I really liked your story and loved the ending jajaja Hope your write the sequal soon.
brigrove chapter 20 . 1/23/2010