Reviews for Human Sentiment
GUEST REVIEWER chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
There's a good story here-the other reviewers are saying it's really good and I believe them- but I'm afraid I don't have the patience to tease it out. Your sentence structure's a bit too confusing for me. Maybe you could work toward clarity and simpler sentences It would help.

Someone asked about refrigerators. In winter they carved thick blocks of ice from frozen-over bodies of water (rivers and lakes) and stored them in ice warehouses to use the rest of the year round. You bought a block of ice and kept it in your 'ice box'. You didn't have any to spare for putting in drinks, though the rich sometimes carved some up into fancy shapes for parties and such.

There was more emphasis on preserving foods in other ways then too: home canning, salt, sugar, drying and smoking. Meats were typically salted and hung up in smoke houses, small one-room buildings with hearths but no chimneys. The fire was kept going and the smoke kept pests away while the meat cured in the smoke.
Cassandra Eve chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
my mind was swept away!...i love it ! ...oh how i wish i could write something like this...but i guess i need to widen my vocabulary more...after all im still 14yrs old...i have a lot of time to widen it

i'll be supporting you in your stories too! good job analyzing the flash backs!

love your work!
SalomSoul chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Bravo! very original- yet still well influenced by the original writers 'voice'. i appreciate the reference included at the bottom. 6/10 (stars)
Koolneko22 chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
This was great! I loved it!

It was sad.

But Ciel and Sebastian's relationship is always complicated.

Great job. I hope you keep writing!

And I'm pretty sure they didn't have fridges yet. I know they stored things in root cellers etc, and they could only have ice in winter.
13loves8loves9loves6 chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
holy crap i loved this haha it was so well written *fallsover* ohohohoh innuendos~ the whole lats part with Sebastien was god hahah

oh oh~~ Vincent does wear earrings~ both ears haha pg. 7 of chapter 32 shows the other ear~ w