Reviews for Lights Out
Skriva chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Awww I loved this! So sweet!
grindly chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Oh my goooooodddd this absolutley made me tear up at the end. My heart did little flippy things. You are a brilliant writer. The way you describe Harley curled up with Jonathan is so beautiful and cute and I love how damn well you know these characters. No stone is unturned, You touch on all of these little issues and intricacies that no one else would have thought of. But they really serve to flesh out these characters. For example, the idea of Harley feeling guilty about leading Jonathan down the path he ended up on. The quiet sadness of wasted potential. The idea of that Jonathan is permanently brain damaged because of fear toxin exposure. Harley after the Joker. Jonathan receiving affection and love years after he had given up on the hope of ever getting it. All of these things are absolutley delicious character moments and nothing ever falls into cliche. Your writing is electric and brims with originality and genuine heart. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
I really enjoyed this look into Harley and Crane's psych! I can tell you put a lot of effort into this fic. Are you ever going to write a sequel?
Santhal chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I found this story almoust by accident but im glad i did. Its nice to find something you feel realy satisfied after reading. Well i think im the only one that roots for thier relationship to stay as platonic as possible for the moment.

There is one idea haunting me, so forgive me for writing it here. Its just so i can sleep at night.

How to begin? Well the Batman wisits Craneat another peacfull night upseting him with his persistence. When Jonathan proposes a deal. If Batman could persuade Harley that shes better of without Joker, Crane would cooperate on any treatment the Arkham doctors will come up with for him for a full year. Even if it meant coming back if he were escaped at the time.

That way this story could conect to another story i found in the comic part on this server named Venus vs Mars. This could give the other story a cliché tone. Sorry about that and thanks for a good time.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
That was really kinda cute, I liked it! :)
whereugo chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
where have u beeen? the world of ff misses u...come back please?
MissPessimist chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I think its disgusting that this only has 7 reviews, so here we are.

I absolutely loved your story! The relationship between Harley and Jonathan is fascinating, in the limbo between friendly affection and romantic affection.

Dear Jonny is just too repressed for his own good.

Love your stories!
D chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
please please please write more harley/crane! too cute! D
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
I could read this story over and over agian and still not get bored with it, and after loving your other story (F&M) I had to look at this- Im glad I did. You did a wonderful job keeping everyone in charecter, which, for me, would be exteremly hard to do. The idea for this piece is very original, and in a world of mary sues, over used plot lines, and summaries with "summary sucks, just read plz!" this is a nice break. I have never given much thought to C/H but now I think I will, I love both charecters and just kinda seem to go together. Please post more of this stuff, its great. Honestly, I wish there where other fanfics like this.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
This was a beautiful chappy!:D

I loved the way that Jonathan

and Harley comforted one another,

and how everyone including Batman

were so concerned for Harley's

well-being! fact that it was

Harley who first approached Jonathan

instead of the other way around was

true to Jonathan's character...and Harley's.

Although,he might have thought about it,

he never would follow through with it.

Because it would have made him appear WEAK.

Poor Jonathan.:( I think that the song

Faith by Celine Dion fits these two and

this story perfectly.I can just see the two

of them saying it to each other.

The song is on youtube if you want to check

it out.(hugs Jonathan and Harley tight):)
The Illegible chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
FINALLY got to read through all of this! :-D I was so excited to see you got a oneshot up, then immediately had to have to run back and forth for the next several hours while snatching paragraphs in between. Why do I mention this? So you know just how antsy I was to put 'Lights Out' down for any period. Because it was excellent.

For starters, really loved the borderline-romantic relationship between Jon and Harley. There's something almost innocent about it (THEM? INNOCENT? *Laughs*), something very sweet and…very honest, I think. It makes a nice foil to Fear and Malice—which is darkly beautiful, but which I think becomes even MORE beautiful with lighter moments to serve in contrast. Like a good joke amid intestinal rape. :-)

Initially I was very surprised to see how vulnerable Jonathan's become with the nightmares and terrors, but once you mentioned that concentrated dose of fear toxin it made perfect sense. In cannon, I also found it very bizarre that Brucey-boy insisted on dosing him that way. Well... no, not so bizarre. Revenge for both himself and Miss Dawes, plus (I think) his refusal to see the rogues as human beings. One of Batman's biggest flaws may be that criminally insane equates to inhuman monsters for him. Except Harley, of course. It's like it's somehow okay to take lower shots on them. In any case, I suspect one of the reasons Jon is shown as so afraid of Batman in fanfic is the hallucination after getting sprayed in the face in BB. So yeah.

After going over the whole thing a second time (partly to re-track the review, partly because I just felt like it :-P), I think my favorite part was from the kiss on. I also loved the way their conversations went as a whole, plus Harleen's post-psychotic personality. It's feels like she's still the same person, just walking a different path. Which is as it should be.

On the notes:

First, now I /really/ want to find and read Knightfall. Second, I completely agree on the Katie Holmes Rachel. Could not STAND her in Batman Begins. Maggie Gyllenhaal redeemed the character to me personally, but it was nice to see some real reasons to dislike Dawes overall. Last, the ending didn't feel rushed to me-it felt very clean, almost poetic in the way it played with and weakened Jon's insistence that he does not enjoy snuggling with Harleen. Pfft, denial is rarely good for one's mental health indeed. ;-)

Wonderful story!
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
This is extremely sweet, Harley’s "it’s hard?" line is perfect for a story based on comic characters. There’s something about comics, something that makes it perfectly rational to do something impossible and explain it away with something like "well, there is a trick to it"(to quote Scrooge McDuck). You’re absolutely right about Scarecrow not being scared of Batman. Scarecrow is almost always portrayed as such a coward in comics, it annoys me quite a lot. Anyway, very sweet.
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Aw... H/C bordering on fluff (although I wouldn't exactly call it fluff...), I love it! This is what I'm talking about. F&M is really dark and heavy and dense - it's well written and I love your characters, but it's so... depressing. THIS is a nice balance. Jonathan gets his break and I love your Harley. She is incredibly sweet, but, at the same time, she also has been through a great deal. I also like your nod to her relationship with "Mr. J". That totally reminded me of the old Batman The Animated Series. I like how you refer to him stringing her along and otherwise abusing her by less explicit methods (but it's awesome that she's not the groveling, sniveling little thing...). I like this so much better than F&M... perhaps because of the balance you strike. Also, FANTASTIC job on incorporating all the lovely murderesses...
Invader Nina chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Ah! I love this! I read it on my lunch break which is ALMOST over, but i just had to leave a review.

I love the cuddling! I love the detailed descriptions of the cuddling! I love THEM as a couple and I want to smoosh them together for the adorable crazy.

Okay now that that's out of my system, I have a confession. I haven't actually read any comics with the scarecrow, and I desperately want to. Any advice on where I should start?