Reviews for The Many Problems With The Eragon Movie
picton4 chapter 2 . 12/1/2013
Roran didn't join the army in the film. He said he was going away to avoid being conscripted
Firestar007 chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
SOSOSOSOSOOOOOOOOOOO TRUUUUUUUUEEEE i TOTALLY AGREE i mean its just like what the heck is going on did they ever read the books!? what did christopher paolini say they just destroyed his books! if you read this thanks for putting up wth my rant
Camsta chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Pretty good list of things that didn't get translated very well, if at all, from book to movie.

I have personally never actually read Eragon, I didn't even know there was a book until about a year and a half after I watched it (I was about 8 when the movie came out), but have read the rest of the books and altered my knowledge from there.

I actually think the movie's pretty good, but it's obviously translated atrociously from book to movie. I've actually heard people who read Eragon say the movie wasn't bad as a movie, but as a movie adaption it sucked.

One thing you can add to your list, if you so wish, is Murtagh's name pronunciation. It's supposed to be pronounced MER-TAG but in the movie it's pronounced MORE-TUG, which isn't major, but its annoying. Also, Nasuada doesn't really matter in the movie, in the director's commentary it's stated she's only there because Eragon's a teenage male and there weren't enough females in the movie.

I know its been a while, but please do another heap of reasons.
Specklefur chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
I think you got it all.

*mentally goes through events of the book*

Did the traders ever come to Carvahall in the movie? There was one dude there who told Eragon that the stone was hollow.

Also, I don't think they went across the desert in the movie. There was that whole water-issue.

Three-shot would be good!
Roisin tine chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
you totally nailed all of the problems w/ the movie! it makes me sooooo mad when i think about all of the things that they did wrong. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hates them
bookworm chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
I totally agree with you. The movie sucks! Some other things I noticed were that Eragon was dressed like a rich boy and, at the end of the movie, he recovers in a sunlit cave! Never happened. The tunnels in Farthen Dur look like they were made for a man. It sucks! They should make a new movie, but get the people who did Lord of the Rings to do it. That would be a thousand times better.
melissa chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
very very true! The whole movie makes me sooo sooo mad!
InkWeaverabc chapter 2 . 7/25/2010
Murtagh's scar looks totally weird. Just thought i'd add that. I was goona say did you know Katrina was in the deleted scenes but i guess you know. wouldn't you have been annoyed if you'd been the girl that acted her? I would. Cut out! No twins! no jeod! No solembum! No snowfire! oh, i could go on forever. This just proves that books are better than films, doesn't it.
InkWeaverabc chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
TOTALLY! Oh, i really really shouldn't have read this, but now im like 'you've just made me remember why i really don't like Eragon movie!' ANGELA! *growls under breath* urghh. But most of your problems seem to be to do with time. The makers of the film do have to ya'know, fit it into under two hours, max. But Arya is really kinda anoying(even though i do have her picture as my avatar).
loverofinheritence chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
I so agree with you! Finally! Someone realizes all the mistakes! If you ever are an extra, please please PLEASE do what you said you'd do! Same for me!

I'm on your side!
Deimos Stryker chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
LMFAO I hope you do something like this when Eldest comes out ROFL
Lord Zill chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
Brom does not get killed by Durza like in the movie he gets killed by the Razac
EllieRicci chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
ok. so overall you got most of the things that were wrong with the movie right but brom does tell the story about the dragons to the village remember garrow was all like "your lucky eragon brom doesnt tell this story often. ive olny heard it three times in my life." you also forgot to add a few things like arya doesnt were dresses. they left out yazuac. brom dies before they even reach gilead. the razac arent soposed to die. i dont think they ever told us broms hair color though. i kind of liked his character though. anyway overall the movie just sucks.

~Bex
flyingtheskywithdragons chapter 2 . 5/8/2010
Okay so Arya isn't supposed to leave in the first movie, she's supposed to leave in Eldest and I found it odd also how the Razac were created by Durza with him muttering their names, I mean seriously!
flyingtheskywithdragons chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
It's true though! I noticed most of those things too!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »