Reviews for Song from a Shadow
R.M chapter 30 . 12/4/2016
I read all of this in about an hour and a half. It's very good. I know that, what with how long ago this was written, you will most likely never read this, but still! I had to write a review.
There were a few grammatical/spelling mistakes. Also, some of the characters seemed more like stereotypes than people. It was far too easy to label people as The Nerd, The Jock, etc. Particularly Raoul's character. In canon, he's a really good guy. It is extremely out of character for him to press someone for sex the way he did here- although some aspects of his character (such as the way he patronized Christine) were realistic, if somewhat exaggerated. The whole subplot with Raoul seemed rushed, as though you were trying to get him out of the way as quickly as you could. If that's the case, why have him at all? You could just leave him out of the story.
There were many great things about your story too though. I loved the T.G. plot. It was a refreshing twist on what I originally assumed- that Erik was T.G., and lying about it. And the E/C in general was wonderfully done. I loved the first scene (great opening line, by the way!) on the school bus, how shocked he and everyone else seem by her being willing to sit with him. The first kiss scene was fantastic as well. Probably my favorite part though, was the ending with the violin. That was absolutely perfect.
CrushedRosePetals chapter 24 . 12/21/2015
True...the moody-musician types are irresistible!
iris2312 chapter 11 . 12/9/2015
I like it...though i must say it is hard for me to imagine Erik as a modern teenager.
CharlieBoneFan chapter 30 . 9/21/2015
Wonderful!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 23 . 6/25/2015
Oh crap. The mask came off. And SHIPPING! CHRISTERIK FTW!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 21 . 6/25/2015
Wow. That was pretty deep! But why would Erik want Christine out of the musical when he's helped her along with it so much? OG, or in this case, TG, strikes again!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 11 . 6/25/2015
I never thought The Phantom of the Opera could go with a high school setting! And this is it! With Rod Chandler as Raoul de Chagney and Marissa Watson as Meg Giry and Charlotte as Carlotta! Erik's character is going pretty well! But sorry to be a nitpicker, but Christine's last name is spelled "Daaé"
Tie-Dyed Broadway chapter 30 . 2/16/2015
This is a beautiful story.

I don't think I have ever read anything so heartfelt. You have obviously put your heart and soul into this story.

For that, I commend you.
HellaPhantom chapter 9 . 7/26/2014
Gotta say, I don't know that I'm a fan of making Erik and Christine the same age... it changes the power dynamic around a lot, and makes their relationship very different (I always figured that in a high school AU he would be more likely to be a teacher, or just some guy creeping around the school). But, I'm somehow still enjoying this!
Fireballmaddie chapter 30 . 2/27/2014
That was so awesome I loved it thank you so much for this story :)
Kalia of Camelot chapter 30 . 1/27/2014
Loved this. Great writing :)
Shadow of the Red Rose chapter 30 . 9/16/2013
That was awesome! I really wanna know what happens to them in the future!
LillySmith chapter 30 . 6/18/2013
More, please!
Everyonedeserveslove chapter 30 . 4/18/2013
Cute!
Bergamotte chapter 30 . 3/6/2013
This was absolutely beautiful. It rang very true. Children and teens can be absolutely vicious to people who are different from themselves or don't fit into the crowd. I could easily see this Erik and Christine going on to marry and have a life together, enjoying music. Thanks, waiting4morning.