Reviews for Painting the Sky
fading ink chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Holy shit, how did I not know this existed? Because goddamn, this is beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I find it very easy to sympathize with Allen, Lenalee and Kanda as characters because they're so fleshed out in canon. Lavi I have a tougher time with, but this-this is so beautifully written and heartbreaking; Lavi's struggle to keep up masks - a favour to others more than himself because it's "normal" - just took my breath away. I like how you portrayed the other members of the OT4 as well - especially Kanda. He was very... Kanda! Brilliant job on this. Thank you - thank you for sharing! I hope you'll write more someday.
orlyorly chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
crying like mad here
hope is a stupid feeling, they say, and this is just too much. Off to wash my face, thank you
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Oh shi-
i think i've got red eyes. All because of you
too good not to cry!
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Awwww I really liked this one. Traverses from broken solitude to group healing. :)
Evanescent Silence chapter 1 . 10/17/2009

It was beautiful, so beautiful. It was heart-wrenching, heart-breaking, and just... wah *is actually teary-eyed and all... which is EXTREMELY rare* So much love for this.

I think that, out of all the things you've written (for DGM) that I've read so far, this is MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE.

My God, Lavi~ *is completely histerical now* so beautiful, so sad, oh, damn, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry-

(*faves like WHOA*)

SakuraHakubai chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Wow. I don't know where to begin, it was so amazing!

It made me cry, the way everyone was described.

Lavi seemed like he was trying really hard to keep his mask and everyone from breaking, but it was useless, and he knew it. Lenalee was in-character, too, because she WOULD cry over her dead friends. I also think you did a very wonderful job with Allen. He would most likely keep pretending everything was alright, and try to keep up a mask even though he was being taken over slowly by the 14th. But the character I think you did the most excellent job to keep in-character was Kanda. I think he's a hard character to write, you can't make him too emotional, but on the other hand you can't make him completely cold either. You had the perfet balance, and, to me, he seems like the kind of person who wouldn't cry in front of others.

The end made me feel heartbroken because everyone seemed to either be already insane or slowly going insane. The way everything was described was beautiful and sad, it seemed dream-like and unreal.

I absolutely loved this story for making me feel so many different emotions at once. You did a wonderful job!

(I have a bad habit of writing LONG reviews for stories that touch my heart. So, sorry I wrote, like, the longest review ever!')
bloodiedangle chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
another beautiful story from you~

Lavi-centric fics always just have something about them that I love (angst?)

And lol, I was cold cuz Im up at 5:30 am for freakin school. :[

oh~and your request. Ill write it when I do the 2 Im doin now. K? xD hope its good enough for an epic writer like you3
randomismyname chapter 1 . 9/24/2009

I am actually very impressed...

your ideas are quite something, and I have to say, I really enjoyed this...

and you'll know I mean it when I tell you that I don't really review on a regular basis...

yes...very impressed...