Reviews for Embers
This has been one of the GREATEST stories I have ever come across in all 18 years of my life. I must thank u for the time and effort to deliver us a story that was worthy of being called even better than 5he original show. I hope we get to see more of this story. Because I have a feeling it could go much farther. Thank you once again, for the ridea I didn't expect to be as good as it turned out to be.
Fireborn101 chapter 91 . 8/29
Alright, I've waited literal years for this to be finished, I know you finished it a while ago, but I just wanted to let you know that my goal this semester is to read this entire thing. I had to stop half way through a few years ago, and now I'm back!
tlyxor1 chapter 48 . 8/28
I've been reading this for two days now. I'm not sure if i'll continue reading it, to be honest, because as amazing as this story is, I don't think my fandom perceptions can take any more hits. I just wanted to let you know that I've enjoyed so far - the original plot and characterisations, specifically - and also, I admire the amount of effort you've put into this. Thank you for writing. -t.
MargotTenser chapter 47 . 8/27
I really like how you delve into what cross breeding species would really be like. All sorts of confusion. It also explains the relatively small number of children in each Fire Lord's generation. There would probably be a lot of non-viable pregnancies thay failed before they went anywhere.
MargotTenser chapter 14 . 8/24
LOL! "Hide and Explode". Fire Nation kids are rambunctious!
MargotTenser chapter 13 . 8/24
I love the Ba Sing Se chapters because so much of it is about trust. People finding kindness and trust in unexpected places. The Wens discovering fire inside their own family and keeping the love strong, the ones who need it, finding a lord in Zuko. Zuko becoming part of water and it only strengthening his bond to his uncle and to Amaya. Even the Dai Li connecting with Zuko. And, In a lot of ways, this last scene was Zuko being with his true "parents" - people united by their love for him no matter what. It was beautiful.
I really hope you can write sequel someday. It would be interesting. Also, the story of that thief-dragon and early humans. I really liked reading that from a non-human point of view. And the hints of what happened sound like a fascinating story. Thank you for writing a story where people seemed real. And the research! I adore well researched writing.
Trent8688 chapter 24 . 8/23
Read this a couple times. Everything that has to do with ba sing se is my favorite.
archergwen chapter 91 . 8/22
I've read this six times, and it never gets old. I still excitedly tell my friends to read it, over and over again. There is so much to love about this fic.
pikachucat chapter 91 . 8/22
awesome
MargotTenser chapter 4 . 8/22
More Asahi and also Toph and Uncle! I love this chapter. It's sweet to see how Asahi in a way provides a safe place for Zuko to express affection. He's so reluctant with humans (of course!) who can so easily turn on him even with just words, where Asahi is simple and loyal. I like that we "meet" Toph here too since she's also eventually on Zuko's extremely short list of "beings who won't hurt me". I mean even Iroh isn't on that list really. It's great stuff.
MargotTenser chapter 3 . 8/22
I thought I'd do a reread and I'm enjoying it so much. I love meeting Asahi. I like how well she matches Zuko, fierce and fragile and impulsive but so loyal under all of it. It's interesting returning to this dynamic with him and Iroh. Zuko seems so young here, this early on. It's fun watching the growth knowing what's coming.
MargotTenser chapter 86 . 8/21
I love the dynamic you wrote for Azula and her friends. Mai and Ty Lee can act as a sort of external conscience for Azula, now that she knows what she lacks. It's interesting too to think that a water healer might be able to help a baby dragon-hybrid quite a bit. If they found the damaged/missing part of the mind early when the child's brain was still developing, they might be able to heal even more than Amaya was able to for Azula. Of course, Azula would have to totally trust the healer. Zuko might be the only option to check/heal the new heir. Anyhoodle, Azula's not-quite-redemption is fascinating. I like how it shows that there often has to be something a little ruthless about great leaders in crisis. Something more and less than human.
MargotTenser chapter 69 . 8/21
*sigh*. Bad about reviewing not updating. Must be a Freudian slip there. I'd love to see updates from you I guess. :). Though I can't really complain when youve got a 91 chapter completed one here.
MargotTenser chapter 68 . 8/21
I'm adoring this story even if I've been bad about updating. I had to duck in because I noticed, in the Black Sun episode, that Hakoda's wound when he got out of the bunker was a claw slash (three parallel scratches in the side). Looks like he went up against a dragon child yes?
8,091 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »