Reviews for Embers
Rereading this is interesting considering the more recent material that got released; like the fact that, canonically, Yangchan always sided with humans over spirits
Peace Fanatics chapter 42 . 9/28
An honest question: did you base Xiangchen on Gandhi? He was a peace fanatic who visited the worst horrors on his own countrymen, and his followers were doubly so.
lubelle321 chapter 91 . 9/29
i loved it! excellent storytelling
Is she fighting herself by channeling Zuko?
bleach613 chapter 91 . 9/23
Reread kudos! Still absolutely amazing, hands down my favorite AtLA fic, and one of my favorites overall!
Waki Paki chapter 46 . 9/22
You know, it's good to stick to a cohesive narrative and have one or two big baddies to deal with, whether they're people or circumstances.
It's also good to have a diverse ensemble of core characters to focus on.
It's also good to explore culture differences in such a wide world.
The author went pretty Fucking far in all these categories and left it a bloated mess. Dozens of characters to keep track of, a new cultural lecture every chapter, and new huge threats popping up like its nothing with constant "twists" and too many sideplots.
I feel that the author is trying to be more clever than the source material and be the George RR Martin of Avatar. Well it just feels like you've got way too much of everything. Stop hoarding in your story, mate, trim it down.
lubelle321 chapter 15 . 9/21
it's 2am and I don't want to stop.
amazing story!
tadah2 chapter 1 . 9/4
I'm so impressed you managed to finish this. Bravo. what an accomplishment.
SeventhSister4 chapter 91 . 8/25
this is probably my 3rd time to read through it fully? like I'm on the third I think. (the first read through my attention span denied me reading past that whole zuko-shirong-lanxue-dragon-mountain thing) This is by far my favorite fic. ever. not even just in atla. it's world building is immaculate. I love the way you do just about everything in this. honestly? my main problem is that you didn't really cover the fact that azula is also a victim is abuse, at least not very much. of course her actions don't get excused for that but it'd be nice if more developed fics recognized the causes of her being the way she is and how that happened. besides that (and y'know, it ending and my not being able to go live there) I can't say I have any other problems with it. it's amazing and I absolutely live there in my mind. I can't remember the last time I had a maladaptive daydream that I didn't bring the embersverse into it when possible. I really really wish I could go live there. to me, it absolutely feels like home, and that's no small feat.
Whispering to the Winds chapter 1 . 8/25
It's been years since you finished this story, and it's still one I return to read at least once a year. Thank you so much for expanding and exploring the cultures and how they relate to the bending. I really loved your original development work!
SultanHashi chapter 91 . 8/21
This was so well written it took the kid version that is avatar and changed it to a more adult setting with all the complexities and none of that power of friendship thing. Highly enjoyed it thank you for taking your time to write this.
Lightbrightfury chapter 91 . 8/8
Absolutely love this.
I may go right back to the beginning and read it again.
The detail, the overall plot and the amazing amount of research that clearly went into this, the well done original characters... i’m only sorry that it’s over. Thank you for this gem of the story.!
libaka chapter 91 . 8/5
I know I’ve reviewed before, but I just love this so very much. I reread it over and over. I always have to pause at the scene with the letter from Zuko to Azusa because I know the end is near and I can’t bear it. Will have to read it over again soon!
Snowleopardcheetah chapter 27 . 7/30
Zuko's rant was very entertaining.
InsaneSmirkingRevenge chapter 90 . 7/28
he's dead? that's fucked zuko didn't even get his fight
9,539 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »