Reviews for Embers
I just finished it, and it was amazing I really enjoyed it
objectivepersona chapter 91 . 4/22
This has got to be the all time most epic novel I have ever read, second to none fanfic. After reading this I don't think I can continue to read superficial protagonist stories online anymore, but I don't regret it, because by teaching me the difference between a wonderfully written plot and a caricature of it I'm sure the next story I read will be at least this good.
thanks
Gabi1994 chapter 19 . 4/21
I don't really know how but you're making my cry over zuko, this is lovely, your world is lovely, iroh is so well done I am without words, furthermore you're creativity with possibilities and linkages is about to make me rewatch the series all over again
fireball900 chapter 91 . 4/21
A brilliant story 10/10.
Though I must say my favourite part? When quarter-way through, I wondered how much had been written. So I looked at top, saw 750K words, and *complete*.
One of the best fanfics I've ever read, well done.
Whyhow chapter 5 . 4/18
I also always wondered why firebending was so different from the other elements in so many ways... I'm not entirely convinced by portrayal of Iroh, but the rest seems spot on.
Whyhow chapter 1 . 4/18
This is a very interesting idea and I can't wait to see where it goes. I think that most AUs don't have enough consequences of the changes and that exploring how much of a difference one little change can make is often the most interesting part.
fireball900 chapter 35 . 4/18
Yeah, that's why I never like stories with naive protagonists - lack of consequences.
AzazelLuciferDeathCrowley chapter 33 . 4/18
Awesome
fireball900 chapter 19 . 4/17
Huojin is *definately* Gordon... he's got that same 'I'm listening to criminals plan to break into law enforcement... I feel like I should be doing something about this...' air about him.
fireball900 chapter 16 . 4/17
I *love* Iroh. One of my favourite strategists in Fiction, my favourite character in Avatar, and you're portraying him *perfectly.*
fireball900 chapter 11 . 4/17
I love the comparison of skill levels you're pulling off. It really puts things into persepctive.
As does Zuko's anaylysis of the Avatar's & friends' 'accomplishments.' It's the reason I follow Avatar fanfic but not the show itself (like with Naruto) - I can't stand naive main characters. Especially 'do not kill' types who then take actions that *indirectly* kill *more* people (like the aforementioned ice/sea, or the plague-scare, or...). Especially when the *consequences* never pop up.

One idea I had for a fanfic ages ago, was to grab a character from a show and give him a single superpower - the ability to see *consequences.* Like 'what happens if I simply leave this bandit tied up when I leave... He carries on killing other people."
fireball900 chapter 10 . 4/17
Until this chapter, I was thinking 'good, but especially compelling' - while good writing, there was nothing that stood out enough to make me read the entire thing.
But this 'refuge' idea...
Consider me interested.
AzazelLuciferDeathCrowley chapter 30 . 4/13
So far still awesome no matter how many times i read this over again
AzazelLuciferDeathCrowley chapter 26 . 4/12
Awesome so far
YuniG chapter 1 . 4/12
I just noticed that my emojis are missing:(
7,976 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »