Reviews for Embers
Nitmi chapter 6 . 11/23
I dont have words to express how much I loved this chapter!
Nitmi chapter 5 . 11/23
Gods! This fanfic is so awesome!
Deep and flowing like a river...

Nitmi chapter 35 . 20h
Yesterday I read this fanfic 27h straigh with no sleep (stoping just to eat).

That is how awe inspiring this fanfiction is.
Mikitsu Silverquick chapter 91 . 11/22
This was an amazing read. I hit the 2/3 mark of this fic and was really curious how you were going to wrap it up. You really built up the story, there was this great expectation and all these plot threads to wrap up and you NAILED IT. The supporting characters are AMAZING. Teruko, the Wens, Shirong, Langxue and all the rest! They all had such depth and thier own motivations and it's great to see original characters in a fic that have their own sense of self rather than just being tools for plot or be just "papercut outs" for lack of a better term.

Your AU has a darker edge and is beautifully grounded in logic and real world consequneces that's bracing and refreshing. War isn't fun and games and you ram that home. I love all of this but I still have to say that the parts where Zuko and Lee are running around, messing around with spirits and trying to survive as a refugees. Strange to think that was simpler times for them in this fic.

I also really hope you gave yourself a pat on the back and treated yourself to something really nice after finishing this beast of a fic. That could not have been easy, especially if you had idiots climbing down your throat clambering for the next update. But you did finish it and it was beautifully wrapped up and well executed and every inch of pride you feel for this fic is well deserved!
Oh this was wonderful. It made me laugh and cry and cheer and think. It was amazing. The ideal fanfiction in my mind. Takes an already amazing world and enriches it and makes it something new. My only disappointment is that I kind of want to know if Zuko ever saw his mother again. Is she really never going to see her son?
ya-ya-chan chapter 1 . 11/17
This story was great! I powered through reading it in two days. 10/10 would read again! Thanks for sharing such a great story! I love how you built on a lot of what was glossed over in the show, the cultures, the politics, the way you put such emphasis on the spirits and how the spirits and humans effect each other for both good and bad. It's been so long since I've seen the show but you make me want to go watch it all over again from the beginning. When I one day, hopefully, have money that won't immediately be funneled into debt and bills I'll be sure to check out your book. Ah you did such a great job with this, I hope this story makes you proud.
rakaduani chapter 91 . 11/14
I just reread this for probably the seventh time. I still love it. And holy freak this is a long sucker.
What can I say except this was brilliant? The only flaw was that the ending seemed abrupt. I wanted to know how Zuko and Iroh balanced out ruling, and how Zuko mastered healing, and what kind of domain Dragon Wings becomes.
Fencer22 chapter 91 . 11/10
wow. Just wow. I found myself reading this after some offhand comment led me here and it took me nearly three days. All I can say is wow.

You certainly added a fair amount to the original universe but not once did anything seem like too great a stretch. Your characters grew and developed at a pace that felt realistic. They had flaws which often cost them either emotionally or physically but they learned from them rather than keeping their blinders up.

I cannot express how very deeply impressed I am especially with all the little details you used, like boiling rocks with water in them, an overconfident fighter like the fire lord being taken down by surprise from an inferior opponent. You spin a hell of story and I can't wait to go looking to see if you've written stories for any other series I know. Really exceptional work.
nora9gina chapter 19 . 11/7
And Toph deserves her life changing field trip, dammit!
ShazirathOfTheUnderdark chapter 91 . 11/6
You... are genius.
I've spent about two hours trying to find the words to describe how awesome I think this is, and I still can't find them.
And I know a lot of words.
Also: poor Zuko. At least he's got about nine months or so before he has to deal with his uncle's babies.

Shazirath out.
Waffliesinyoface chapter 1 . 11/6
I like the idea of firebending being used for healing. It makes loads of sense, given how heat is used IRL to soothe muscle cramps, cauterizing wounds, etc., but it just never occurred to me that it could be used in such a way. That's really quite genius; something so simple, but it never even occurs to most people.
I want to see Hakoda's reaction to Sokka being the heir to a fire nation Lord. His argument with Temul would be interesting to read. can Sokka be Chief of the SW tribe now? Can he be both? How would the fire lord react to a SWT lord? I would like to know what would happen.
Why don't you make this into a book? You could make a bundle of cash with this.
AzazelLuciferDeathCrowley chapter 61 . 11/2
I still love everything about this story
8,135 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »