Reviews for Embers
Guest chapter 55 . 1/29/2022
Zuko is a little racist and bloodthirsty damn

Hopefully Hakoda can get along with Zuko's people, if not Zuko himself.
Guest chapter 54 . 1/29/2022
Fire Lord Sokka, anybody?

Can't wait for the reunion of Zuko/Kuzon and Aang
Guest chapter 53 . 1/29/2022
So Air Nomads (and or Sky Bison) were responsible for Makoto's clan dying? This sparked her revenge on them? I guess it was lucky that Makoto's and Sozin's goal ran parallel there. Maybe it's the dragons of Byakko's fault but Makoto's clan died before she came to them, and even Shidan says she wants the Air Nomads dead more than the Byakko dragons.

Poor stupid Zuko. Just had to piss off Makoto. Surprised he survived that fight, considering Makoto is supposed to be comparable to a Fire Lord and Zuko can barely match Azula.

Yay! You go, Iroh
Guest chapter 51 . 1/28/2022
Whyyy are Katara and Aang soooo stupid? It gets so hard to read at times. They literally had a flashback but Katara goes "gran-gran's airbender fairytale stories are different so she's wrong"
They never came across this insufferable in the show
Guest chapter 50 . 1/28/2022
Azula furiously calling her great-granny a bitch in her thoughts is funny as hell
Guest chapter 49 . 1/28/2022
When Toph said "I see her"
That shook me.
Guest chapter 47 . 1/27/2022
Makoto is terrifying. Poor Shidan.

Poor, poor Tao. This is the first time you've spelled out thar word. I'm certain Aang has no idea what it is.

Soo great-granny showed up. And she's so overpowered I don't quite see why she doesn't just go kill Aang and friends herself. Makoto kinda talks like an anime villain haha
So we have Makoto, said to be a match for or above Ozai, and first thing she does is wipe the floor with the great-grandchild she likes?
Pretty cool that she can just change shapes like that. Poor Azula just had to try to redirect LIGHTNING with no training. That was without a doubt the dumbest thing this girl ever did. I'm perplexd she survived, though it's possible she did redirect enough to survive quite like Zuko did during the final Agni Kai
Since lightning leaves lasting damage maybe she goes to Zuko to be healed?
Guest chapter 46 . 1/27/2022
Y'know, revealing too much of the lore robs it of mysticism. Sometimes questions make for a better story than answers. So long before there was firebending, people already had plates and forks?
That ancient dragon was so like a socially awkward mischievious girl it kinda took the inhuman otherness and danger out of dragons.
Sooooo elephants in the room. Did the precursor of the various Air peoples bone some sort of divine sky bison prince/princess? Was Oma actually a badger mole, or was it Shu? Did someone get touched by the moon spirit then had kids that could waterbend?
Guest chapter 45 . 1/26/2022
Touzai Touzaikaze?
So the White Wind, Xiangchen's followers and Sabodei's tribe, are the precursors of the Air Nomads? The ones who raided everywhere. Sooo Air Nomads were a race of benders living in a cult atop mountains... damn that's a cool revelation. I so wanna see Aang learn of this

Dai Li hooking up with Joo Dees, women literally under mindcontrol, is quite disgusting.

Mooooore airbenders! Hope Eshe and Kuei get along, that poor nerd. I wonder, does it detract from Aang that there are more airbenders? Though he is certainly the last Air Nomad, since all these others are completely different cultures
Guest chapter 45 . 1/26/2022
Touzai Touzaikaze?
Guest chapter 44 . 1/26/2022
Ursa's condition is so sad. I love Shidan hope he meets Aang again. So the big baddy of this AU is Koh? At least a better choice of ATLA devil than Vaatu.
They don't really explain why after the siege of the north ending the war is impossible. Surely a great defeat is a better reason to quit while you're ahead. Of course, they're dragon-children, so they're insane and human thinking is inappliccable.

Great chapter
Kindle-the-Stars chapter 91 . 1/28/2022
I loved this story, fantastic writing - really enjoyed all of the detail about the spirits and how they work, which clearly involved lots of research, and how you developed the characters!

Great job, thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 39 . 1/25/2022
So Xiangchen was either an Air warlord infamous for raiding the Fire Nation and forcing the Earth Kingdom to give them tithes with his tribe a thousand years back, or destroyed said tribe. Likely the former
Guest chapter 38 . 1/25/2022
I wonder if Iroh actually wants to make kids with Amaya. Isn't she too old? Kinda begs the question, if benders can get centuries old, do female benders still go into menopause in their late forties? Or are they fertile for far longer?

What did Azula mean by "not even the children?" The kids of other nations in the Fire Nation clans? Surely not. I guess Zuko's refugee colony.
Guest chapter 37 . 1/25/2022
This story gets better and better
Easily one of the best fics I've ever written so far, just as good or even better than Distorted Reality
You're amazing