Reviews for Embers
Guest chapter 11 . 1/14/2022
Imperial firebenders, in canon, were way less impressive than the Dai Li, wo took out Zuko in seconds. So if anything, Dai Li Imperial firebenders
thecagedsong chapter 56 . 1/16/2022
its so fascinating how the knowledge that Azusa has family that loves her changes her. its hard to see because loyalty includes loyalty to family first, but that seed of familiar love doesn't break. everything g she's done to Zuko would break his loyalty to her, but it can't break family. having that security meant she could finally focus on keeping her people alive instead of just herself loved. its so subtle and brilliant
Guest chapter 10 . 1/14/2022
Damn, Azula's so abusive of Zuko in this AU, even more than in canon. That said, I like the explanation for his late blooming being sabotage
Guest chapter 10 . 1/14/2022
I like how Iroh and Zuko debate on the nature of bending inheritance; it's a combination of heritage, spirituality and ideology, but no one knows what's the deciding factor. Though since recent heritage (first or second generation) is proven to matter in what element you're born to, and there were no airbenders reported born since the Air Nomad Genocide, the art is all but extinct. Even if you have a place that's "free" whatever that means (which seems to be a state of mind achieved by meditation instead of circumstance or place or birth) no one will be born an airbender. I don't really get why Zuko cares about that anyway; worrying about how airbenders will live after all but one are gone, and swearing that you'll make that one last airbender live forever in chains, is like thinking about where to mark a dodo reservation a 100 years after they were all killed. It's a bit inane. It's like thinking that a prince bending two elements means the Fire Nation will face annihilation; mate you have real things to deal with already.

This chapter is my favorite so far I think
Guest chapter 10 . 1/14/2022
Zuko should have a little bit more confidence in himself. The spirits made him a waterbender in addition to firebender. And he's not even the avatar. That's pretty insane (but detracts a little from Aang being the only one who can learn multiple elements, but oh well this is fanfiction idc). I know prejudice exists, but from a purely logical pov Zuko is now Azula's superior. I know Ozai is a dickhead, but there's nothing to suspect he would shun such a unique and valuable tool; If he could sell it right (which he probably can't) he'd be seen as a miracle in the Fire Nation instead of an abomination.
Guest chapter 10 . 1/14/2022
I think Zuko is overreacting a little, at least in regards to his nation's existential threat. Air Nomads were unorganized pacifists and the tiniest nation, so they didn't stand much of a chance against the Fire Nation's army enhanced by the comet.
Ozai has more than enough time to sire more heirs, Sozin had Azulon when he was like ninety-five. And Azula would make a decent Fire Lord. And even IF Ozai leaves no heirs, even IF that led to a civil war, it's absurd to think the either Water Tribes, southern one teetering on the brink of extinction, northern one both an entire world away and largely isolationist, or the Earth Kingdom, which has next to no know navy would be able to annihilate an enitre nation's population before they can organize themselves enough to fight back. It's hard to empathize with Zuko when his worries only exist in his head.
Guest chapter 9 . 1/14/2022
So firebending is basically move hot stuff around? That's just Iroh's theory though. Zuko did bend water from the pond, and that wasn't boiling hot.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/11/2022
So apparently, Fire Lords have lists of people they wanna kill or vaporize. And some people are added seemingly for no reason, but it's hinted to be their ancestry.

Amaya, get up to speed. What the Fire Nation tried to do to your people 85-years ago, they tried again a month back.
thecagedsong chapter 3 . 1/11/2022
ahh! this chapter. As if I didn't cry every time Iroh acknowledges that Zuko would never follow Ozai's path, you wove extra into it. Iron doesn't understand why Zuko does things, makes assumptions about Zuko's mercy, and that is so central to their combined arc. And Father murdered "disgraced" daughter during the moon slaying, even this early the bonds of family are directly connected to watertribe. Amazing
Guest chapter 4 . 1/9/2022
I really hope Iroh and Zuko get over their loyalty to the current Fire Nation and join the gaang.

I know Iroh doesn't really like Azula, but she wasn't born evil, Ozai had a lot to do with that.

I get Toph calling Iroh uncle, it even sounds a little teasing, but Katara doing that feels off

The plot is ok so far, but the writing is a little incoherent, it's too follow what's going on because you cut away from so much
Guest chapter 2 . 1/8/2022
Since when does Iroh speak of Fire Nation conquest so... approvingly? Like it is alright or can be done in a humane way
devildust chapter 7 . 12/31/2021
what kind of idiot tries to cheat a healer?
DramaQueen4eva chapter 91 . 12/13/2021
I love this. I love you and I love the way you understand humans - I am Australian - I am well aware in every type and form of media I consume that just speaking the same language doesn't mean it means the same thing - my English uses words very differently to American or British English and misunderstandings during travel emphasise this - I imagine a hundred year war would make the problem even starker. Thank you for world building in a way that finally makes sense!
Anchiale chapter 29 . 11/6/2021
the amount of detail and deep thinking that you have put into your writing while still making it enjoyable is amazing. not to mention all the research you have obviously done to try to make this story as realistic as possible. I love the different viewpoints of the characters as well as the thinking and reasoning of why each character does the things they do. I also particularly like your reasoning that you include at the bottom of the chapters, explaining why you wrote this and why this happened. All in all, kudos to you because this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read.
Arato15 chapter 33 . 10/26/2021
People think you like Zuko too much? Nobody can ever like Zuko enough! Though I might be a bit biased. Zuko is my favorite character in the series after all.
9,752 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »