Reviews for Embers
Niana Kuonji chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Ah, the fire-heal concept! I admit, I had something of an idea for it myself, but the general story is unfortunately a toe too far into cliche. Exiled cousin sort of cliche. However, I haven't come across anyone else with a married-to-a-fire-spirit concept, so perhaps the character isn't so bad.

And her method isn't as...quiet, as Ursa's. (And I really shouldn't talk this much about a character who has no part of this story...!)Still, I was thrilled to find this in my inbox this evening! I always look forward to more stories from you, one-shots or multiparts. Since there is not a 'complete' tag at the top, may I safely assume that there will be more? *.* Please say there will be.

(Iroh? You're a _genius_! Hot-rock massage therapy? Brilliant! Farmers will love you to pieces! Er, hopefully not literally.)
Asuka Kureru chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
I really love the idea of heat manipulation leading to healing, Zuko almost-seeing copper and gold lines, and the scene with Ursa was pretty awesome. Trying to hatch a stone! N'aww, cute. Great idea, it manages to fit in the setting perfectly while still being very original. I like the idea that Zuko's line might just approach firebending from a very different angle and that's why he was never awesome at doing it like his father and sister. I hope you'll write more about this, I really wonder what kind of divergences would happen.
JediClaire chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
DRAGONS! I love dragons, and you do them so well, even when they are just hinted in the back story of a fic. I like this Zuko, and I have always thought Iroh had a bit of a badass in him.

The bit at the end, Iroh wants Zuko to make rocks with heat trapped in them, or is he going to pretend to be an Earth-Bender healer? That is just so crazy it might just work.

Please Miss Vartha, can I have some more? starving-Zack-Fair-puppy-eyes-of-DOOM!
Guile chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Unusual idea, but then, fire has always had a life-giving aspect...
Rachelle Ryan chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Ah, so is Zuko to be descended from dragons or from a line taught by dragons? The "birthed like a stone" and Iroh's inability to learn seems to imply the first. That would be very cool but would raise the question of what happened to the dragons? and how it was possible? Maybe you will supply the answers hm.

Also, I agree that while I liked Iroh in the show I thought he was a little to "let the fates (spirits) take me" in attitude. Zuko needs a little more badass in my opinion to set him on the right path.

Intriguing start. I really can't wait for more.
AngelForm chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
This shows a lot of promise. The concept of firelife is all too often ignored and overlooked.
snowecat chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
So, is Ursa somehow descended from dragons or something? Will Zuko ever be able to harness the power like his mother? Looks good, can't wait for more.
Dybael chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
You know, if anyone else wrote 'ruby arsenic' into a fic I'd think it was some generic Phlebotinum they made up on the spot. When I saw it mentioned here I knew I was headed for a Wikipedia binge on strange and interesting minerals. Realgar, orpiment, arsenopyrite... I love it when I learn from your stories, Vathara!
Theodosia chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Oh, *interesting*. I hope you do more with this; I'd like to see if this Zuko can do a better job of things than the canon Zuko. The Zuko-Iroh dynamic was one of my favorite things from the show, I love their interaction here!
ArrayePL chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Sweet chapter, will there be more?
9,745 | « Prev Page 1 .. 640 647 648 649 650