Reviews for From the Corner
Liz Merryfeather chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
Chapter 11 is like a really bad game of telephone...too funny
Kate chapter 66 . 5/26/2014
One of the best fanfics I've ever read! Bravo!
the other witch chapter 66 . 4/23/2014
I liked this romance very much. Thank you for writing and sharing it.
the other witch chapter 49 . 4/22/2014
I love the letters! Funny like hell they are.
the other witch chapter 22 . 4/21/2014
I like the story, I like it when SS is a father, I'm writing a story where he has a family too. I guess he and HG would make a great couple - it is where you are heading I guess? Great job so far. Thanks 4 sharing
Newtinmpls chapter 57 . 4/17/2014
As a response to your chapter 57 author's notes; why wouldn't a person think about what they see or do in dreams? I think there are layers of ... types of dreams. Some are just random ideas and images, some are profound spiritual experiences, and in some of them I know I'm dreaming, and that has it's own effects. As for your not being a native speaker of English, that is clear (to me anyway) from your fairly regular (and sweet) differences in some common turns of phrase. I think it was the fourth or fifth time I noted one that it clicked in my head that it wasn't just a strange spellchecker or something. But you're quite good and readable, and thank heavens you don't use some of the stranger British slang (snog? I mean really what an unpleasant sounding word - who would ever want to do something with that name attached). As for not celebrating Thanksgiving; it's quite a racist holiday and despite being born in the US I don't celebrate it either.

I do like the slowness of the romance, and the levelheadedness of the children. I can recall being quite young, and quite frustrated with how much adults thought I was not picking up. I'm looking forward to seeing the effect of the Felis on Ophelia.
Newtinmpls chapter 22 . 4/17/2014
To reply to your chapter 22 notes, do realize that not everyone reads end of chapter notes (I often don't, especially if I'm absorbed in the story and racing along) and I've certainly had the experience of finding a story, zooming along and them bumping into "not the end yet" and being sad and frustrated (which, since I rarely update and rarely actually finish a story is nicely karmic - but that's another story) so in when those two converge I can easily imagine "update soon" because it's really a substitute for "I'm really into this story, I want to reach through the computer screen and make you update NOW".

Anyway, story-wise I love your depiction of the inside of Ophelia's head (great name, I can see Severus picking it), and I really like Mr. Granger. I don't like this version of Hermione so much, as I always thought of her as more sympathetic a person in general and while her overt default is nice, she appears to have a nasty bitchy persona reflex (which, as her parents note could be related to extended Ron-exposure). But the unkindness of it is rather grating and disturbing.

Severus seems a bit excessively cautious; I don't know how to put it, like there's an edge slightly missing. I like his idea for Squiffy, though addiction is not quite so easily dealt with - on the other hand I'm studying as a psych NP and I've seen plenty of people with huge snowballing problems because of one "thing" (pain/issue/event) that wasn't properly/successfully dealt with and I do like the idea of this potion. Wish I had it to give to some of my patients.

You write every day? wow. You post pretty large chapters. Most of mine are only about 1200 words or so. Good going you! Now I think that you should do NaNoWriMo this year and next year try 3-day novel.
RhodaBush chapter 66 . 4/11/2014
I love this family group and hope you will write more!
sunandstars123 chapter 61 . 4/9/2014
Ja, klar: aus KEINEM anderen Grund! *lautlach*
sunandstars123 chapter 44 . 4/7/2014
The last paragraph is so wonderful - like the hole story. I like it very much & had to say: Thank you!
jlynnross394 chapter 66 . 4/7/2014