Reviews for Older Brother
Kl chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Beautifully written
DoofusPrime chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I enjoyed this story - it was nice to read about the relationship between Dr. Director and Gemini, even if you weren't lying when you said it was depressing :)

Making the astrological comment about Gemini and Cancer being connected was clever.

I enjoyed how you portrayed the villain community as having a certain sense of camaraderie and compassion even though they all want to take over the world. I thought it was very nicely written in general, and I particularly liked the ending.
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
This is incredibly sad and touching. Gemini may have got what he wanted in the end but it was only under the worst possible kind of stress that he could get Betty to admit that he was the older brother. Beautiful fic and I loved the last line.
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said that this was depressing. As soon as I read the summary, I had an idea about what this fic was going to be like, but nothing could have prepared me for the sheer awesomeness of this. There were several bits in which you captured the emotion of the characters perfectly and used really good pieces of dialogue and descriptions to convey the mood.

First of all, I liked it how the story started right in the middle of the action and how we had to put together bits and pieces to figure out what was going on. Small hints of what has happened over the years, like Kim and Ron's marriage and that Kim is now working for GJ, were nice touches. I really like the idea that Dr. Director wouldn't allow herself to retire before she had defeated Gemini. It's so in-character for her that I can't imagine anything else.

The scene in which Gemini starts talking and Dr. Director slowly realises that there is something wrong with him was simply chilling to read. It was obvious that something was horribly wrong, and you were able to keep the tension going exactly as long as you wanted. Cancer was my first guess even before Gemini said it, but it was still horrible to read the description of him and how much he had changed. Even though I knew to expect it, I still felt Betty's shock and dismay at facing him.

The dialogue between these two was simply wonderful throughout the story. I especially liked all of Gemini's lines and how he was able to remain true to his character even at the moment of his death. His last words to his sister were the perfect climax to their rivalry and this fanfic. It really is tragic how someone like Gemini dies of something like cancer. One would think he'd be more likely to die in a fight or explosion.

I like it how Hench and some of the villains were so supporting of Gemini throughout his illness. The bit about how he was sent all kinds of gifts put a smile on my face regardless of the circumstances. What a great detail!

The funeral scene was particularly well written. Dr. Director's thoughts were portrayed in a way that felt natural in a situation like that, especially when taking her personality into consideration. I couldn't imagine her crying or anything, so this detached and numb approach felt just right. The final discussion between her and Hench seemed very bittersweet somehow. Maybe it's because I still have those Gemini/Hench slash scenes in my mind.

In any case, you have written yet another fantastic story! With this and the other story, you've done a great job at developing Gemini and Dr. Director further than any other fanfic author whose works I've read.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Very touching story.

Keep the good writing.
keil chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I like it! Even if it's sad!
yeats chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
wonderful .
Mokona chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
“You are,” she nearly sobbed, her hand stroking his now grey hair “you’re the older brother.”

*is crying now*

You were right, it's sad, and painful, and I love it! You were great, as you always are. *goes rereading*
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Well done. Very well done indeed. You invoke some powerful emotions with this bittersweet reunion of Betty and Sheldon was full of poignant emotional drama that underscored both the intense rivalry of the two but also the underlying affection they had for each other.

Again, well done.