Reviews for Awakening
Eileen chapter 10 . 10/5
Hi i really liked the story special the stuff you discriebed. I loved how you used diffrent prospetives. And of course your Story arch was great rellay really good ideas. The best thing you did was explaning that it wasn't germanys fault,what Herr Mengel did. I'm german myself and its commen knowleged that Hitler kinda of hypnotised his fellows and the overall puplice, nevertheless its very good to see that kind of Knowleged in a Hetalia Fanfiction where sometimes people exedentently blame "just Ludwig". And again really enjoyed reading this you discribed the feelings and situations very well,I thought of not writting Fanfictions anymore but know I sure am going to. I hope your happy with the comment I made if you have any questions just ask me please. Thanks again Eileen,i m so glad i found this amazing pieces of art for real!
SomethingMoreQ chapter 10 . 8/10
The relief is overpowering right now, both from me and the characters in this story. The ending is beautiful. You did an amazing job of describing the torture and horror of Auschwitz. Thank you, really, for this story. It does history more than a little justice.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 6 . 8/10
The eyes are still killing me. You're good, and I can't get enough of this story. I did catch a few typos (you write lung instead of lunge when Mattie went towards the guard) but they;re really not a big deal. Just little things I noticed. Other than that, I can't find a bad thing to say about this story.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 5 . 8/10
Dude. Dude. Raw descriptions are the best because they get a reaction out of the reader, which is what good writing does. And your writing is pretty good, believe me. Just the idea of being sliced from neck to navel is horrid, but your description mad it much more worse. This is the best imagery for torture that I've seen in a long time, and I both love and hate it.
And I do agree that like most Germans, Germany had no idea what was going on.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 4 . 8/10
I feel bad for saying this, but I am very anxious to read what happens to to Alfred. I like how you write Alfred so far, by the way. He's very in character, so nice job. And again, amazing job on Russia. Although he's not quite in character all the time, I'm glad you put him in here, and I like his role. I hope to see some Germany reaction to this though...
SomethingMoreQ chapter 3 . 8/10
The imagery in this. The effing imagery. You've got be cringing as I read. Seriously. This is described a bit too well. I can feel the raw terror and pain drifting from the pages as I read this. It's a horrible scene, but well-written. It makes one feel horrible that this happened to children, to real people. It's a grim reminder.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 2 . 8/10
Hoo. I like how you're going about this. As with the last chapter, I can picture the situation clearly. This is a fascinating look into Mengele and Auschwitz. I know a bit about both, and I'm glad that you put in the details such as Mengele handing out the candy and the procedures. It's very accurate, and that's pretty cool. I imagine you did some research to write this, and that's great, 'cause the best stories I read are written by author's that work hard on said stories. But, yeah. I love this!
SomethingMoreQ chapter 1 . 8/10
What I like about this so far is how you opened with Ivan. With his knowledge and experience, it helps set the stage and introduce the beginnings of the conflict.
Also, you've done a splendid job of describing the setting in this chapter. I can almost picture the medical room and its surroundings. Nice first chapter.
Is this a human AU or are they still nations? I think this is a great story either way.
I hate Mengele. hate. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate him and now I hate him more.
bigdirectiontime chapter 10 . 4/19
At first I wasn't going to read this
But now I'm glad I did :)
I feel really bad for America, Canada, and the kids :(
It's really sad but a happy ending
magicflyingmintbunnies chapter 10 . 4/17
This story teared me up. It further opened my eyes to the horrors of WW2. War brings out the greatness and madness of humanity. Well, in this case, I got to read more on the mad part. But the love Alfred and Matthew showed to each other, the comfort they provided to the children, and the determination and unity the other nations exhibited, I got to see the greatness and goodness. I'm upset Mengele wasn't captured and hanged. Irl he evaded it, fled to South America, and drowned there. I was hoping there would've been some changes, but I guess it has to be historically accurate. Kudos to the author. He/she did a very wonderful job in portraying the characters and executing the plot.
Kakahi chapter 10 . 3/25
awww this was fantastic my friend. note: I think you can bring the rating down to a T, i almost didn't read this when i saw the M, but im glad i did. i think this fic fits the description of a T. considering ive seen worst under T :) thanks for the awesome story
Nike Scarlet chapter 10 . 2/28
Tears. Tears are what you're making my eyes do and I don't blame you. This is a truly wonderful story.
Doubled-Helix chapter 6 . 2/26
Oh, no, no. I was holding on just barely to my feels, but America's soft "We're going to be free" was horrible. Since he is a nation built on ideals of liberty, it makes perfect sense that confinement would hit Alfred's mentality harder than Mattie's.
Ah, no, why must you hurt us this way?