Reviews for Hiding in Plain Sight
Hoodie Hugger chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
I'm sort of ashamed to admit I never considered the possibility that Hagrid leaked information on purpose! The best Slytherin would be one that nobody expects.
serenityselena chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
that was a really interesting story :)
X-elemental chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
That's unusual take on Hagrid that has everything remain the same.
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Really good, love how both Hagrid and Harry are smarter than they look and act.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
A lot of people are no doubt. Take the time to get to know them.
bookivore chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Brilliant. I'm not British, but I had to use the term.

Hagrid was up to quite a few interesting things in the earlier books, and he was considered competent enough to negotiate with the giants. Now, you may think why not send an idiot off to negotiate with idiots - but that misses the whole point that you want the person on your side to do a good job.

I've never understood the Blast-Ended Skrewts, though. And intelligent or not Hagrid was one of Dumbledore's vast collection of bad teachers.

Still, if you assume that most of canon had hidden undercurrents and people lying through their teeth, it makes a lot more sense. Don't know if that makes canon messed up, or more realistic.
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
What a nifty re-interpretation of a character that most people take at face value! Very well written, and I felt right in the middle of the conversation.

I love your different takes on various moments and characters in the HP books. I'm so very glad my sister recommended your fics to me!

Well done!
minlin chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Brilliant! Slytherin Hagrid, getting people to think he's just a good-natured, not too bright oaf so they underestimate him!
misakigirl chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Wow... makes you wonder... how the HELL did Hagrid manage it? I'm not very sold to the Hagrid-is-a-lot-more-intelligent-than-he-portrays-himself-'cause-that's-only-a-cover thing, but it still makes me wonder...

Good theory D
Rachelme177 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
That was brilliant. I honestly don't think I've ever read a story with a smart Hagrid. I don't think I've ever even considered a smart Hagrid. Just the idea of a smart Hagrid has me blown away. And you made him a Slytherin on top of it? Just ... brilliant. I can't even think of an adjective worthy of this story. *That's* how good this story is.

Rachelme
StormBrisingr chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Huh. I never thought about it in such a way... How many people are wearing masks?Also, I love your stories! They're amazing, emotional, bittersweet and all-round great! I'd favorite them all if it weren't for the fact that I have to many stories my favorite list already... *sigh*
Lord of the Fire chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Is it bad that you have completely changed my head-cannon to believing that Hagrid was in Slytherin?

I love this story, and I hadn't really thought of it that way before. XD
joniskpelare chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I like the logical and analythical Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
It's a real pity that canon!Harry didn't think this way (or think at all, frankly). Or that he wondered if Slytherin _should_ be so hated in the first place, that any mention of Snake cooties gets you slammed by the rest of the school (and most of the Wizarding World).

But then, thoughts like that aren't on the approved list at all. I think Harry underestimates Snape; I think Snape would have dealt with the Dursleys long before Dumbledore did, because if Harry had been Sorted Slytherin, Harry would have been _his_, and not used by Dumbledore to show how awful anything Slytherin was.

Nice one-shot.
Tentrees chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
LOVE IT WELL DONE! Could this be used in a HAgrid HArry freiends plot where Hagrid works to help overthrow Dumbles?