Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Exoria
Bob Suarez chapter 30 . 3/8
Sudentor man, if you're still amongst the living, would you mind posting an outline of the rest of your story? I can't live without at least an idea how the rest turns out.
Alexicon chapter 9 . 3/5
A delightful introduction of the green outfit! I was especially tickled by the "extra-long beret" as both a floppy hat and in some ways Link acting like a Green Beret. Also a great inclusion of an idiosyncratic-information-companion! (and I'm glad she seems to have a bit more "human" personality than Fi, I feel they really missed the mark with that one) I do wonder about your decision not to include/reuse more of the familiar character names from the series. For example, the AI could easily be "Navi" and have her name be an acronym for something AI-ish. But still, lovely writing and a very creative story. Felt like I should drop some reviews, despite that this obvi hasn't been updated for several years and is probably dead (btw I found this via tvtropes)
Alexicon chapter 4 . 3/5
This was an AWESOME motorcycle chase sequence! I was strongly reminded of FFVII and FFVII: AC in terms of its epic-ness while reading it (sword dueling on motorcycles!). Also, LOVE the gunsword, esp since it is a much improved version from FFVIII's Squall's extremely impractical but cool looking gunblade. And Epona is adorable.

These sequences were well-plotted and sketched out, very believable within this urban Zelda world (all the street names were like cute little familiar waves). It can be difficult to write effective action sequences, but I think this one certainly worked.

Also I love the "file excerpts" you have at the end of the chapters, they help provide context/backstory/explanation that would bog the main narrative down. Sort of reminds me of the extra stuff you can read in the Mass Effect games. Would be helpful to know how the map of this world is drawn out somehow.
StarChaser01 chapter 10 . 12/5/2016
Now I wish that I hadn't read those spoilers on TVTropes...
The Hylian Chronicler chapter 24 . 3/31/2016
Nice chapter. Keep it up !
The Hylian Chronicler chapter 3 . 3/29/2016
Nice chapters. As a mechanical engineeri
DeusforMachina chapter 30 . 7/14/2015
*Jeopardy music plays in background*
person chapter 30 . 3/14/2015
I recently discovered this and was glued to my screen for the last few days reading. No pressure, I really hope you continue this story. Thanks for writing :)
Guest chapter 30 . 12/24/2014
Wow, loving the series so far! I started reading on December 22nd and finished Chapter 28 on December 24th, and man what a wile ride it's been

I think you've done an amazing job with this story. I love reading Legend of Zelda fanfics, but so far there've only been a couple that i've devoted the time te read to, and yours tops the list. Only pet peeve so far is that you keep referring to them as 'zorans' as far as I have ever known, they are the zoras, or the zora race.

Aside from that, great job, hope you keep on updating, cuz i am dying to find out how this story ends!

Your new most faithful reader
Sam Leonhart chapter 11 . 12/17/2014
I doubt you pay attention to the reviews on this story since it's been over 2 years, but I want to say thank you for this story. It's one of the stories that I come back to read after many months, and I often use it as an example in conversation of a good modern take on older-style games, as well as one where canon characters were refitted well into the new story.

All in all, I just want to thank you for this story. It's my absolute favorite Zelda fic on this site, and one of the best stories I've found here.

(And I did make sure to put this review on the first chapter to be updated after I started to read it.)
Nitpicker chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
So Link's new sniper rifle is about three meters long (200 cm over one meter, or 2 meters over one meter)

Good to know.
LecktheTech chapter 30 . 8/12/2014
When I first read the chapter, I thought " A modern Legend of Zelda?" So I read the first 3 chapters..and got hooked on the escape from Hyrule City. Generally I hate modern Legend of Zelda fanficts, but this is an exception.
Moving on to writing in general.
You have vivid imagery, and just the right amount of details for me, your style of writing is great, and this is the best writing on ffnet in the LoZ section.
I couldn't have a section of raving about how good you are without a section on your errors, now could I?
You make some errors with spelling(very few of these), some errors on grammar(more of these), and then some inconsistencies in the story itself(mostly these). Otherwise better than most, though.
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 14 . 7/17/2014
I understand that you named these "Bosses" the way you did for your own reasons, but I do have to ask if you have a way of explaining how VALENT got the names to use, as this story implies that those mythos that the names come from also are applicable, or at least known, to the characters "In-universe".

Also, when I saw what you did with the hookshot, my immediate vision was basically the same implement that Ada from Resident Evil carries around.
Light Onthemayo chapter 30 . 7/5/2014
This is a very detailed and well written story, and I applaud your talent. So far, it's been a thrill to read, especially when it comes to battle situations. They way you've kept the intensity going has been great, and it would be wonderful to see where you take this story.

I've noticed that your grammar, while quite readable, has the odd occasion to go a little awry. I don't know if you've been using a Beta lately, but there is a helpful way to check grammar after you've finished writing. I've found that, by reading the story out loud word for word, it's easier to give a chapter a quick grammar check. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
scriptdragonslayer chapter 30 . 6/3/2014
Alrighty. Time for me to review. Let me start off with what I DON'T like about this...

It's not finished.

That is my only complaint. This story is beautifully written, thoughtfully choreographed, painstakingly thought out, wonderfully characterized, and amazingly executed. I love this story. It retains all of the classic Zelda goodness in a modernish setting while entirely suspending disbelief. I would classify this, like CrazygurlMadness' story Fighting Gravity, as a true epic. This is the type and quality of story that could be spread across continents and generations, with hundreds of thousands o grandfathers telling it to their grandchildren. This deserves to be put on display on this site for all Legend of Zelda fans to read. This is obviously and evidently a labour of love, and because of that, it shines brightly into the foggy sea of fics that is this site. (Okay, enough with the poetic stuff.)

I realize that it's been a VERY long time since you've updated, but I would love to see you resume posting. If you need inspiration, because that's what's blocking you, then I cannot recommend highly enough the aforementioned Fighting Gravity. It is a masterfully done Zelda AU that uses technology well. However, if you just need a beta or someone for ideas, I selflessly offer myself up to be sacrificed for this noble cause.

In short, this is everything a good (no, amazing) fanfiction should be. You shoul be proud of yourself for creating such a masterpiece.

Yours truly,

Cal, the Script Dragon Slayer

P.S. This is the longest review I've ever written. Be proud of yourself for managing that too.