Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Exoria
person chapter 30 . 3/14
I recently discovered this and was glued to my screen for the last few days reading. No pressure, I really hope you continue this story. Thanks for writing :)
Guest chapter 30 . 12/24/2014
Wow, loving the series so far! I started reading on December 22nd and finished Chapter 28 on December 24th, and man what a wile ride it's been

I think you've done an amazing job with this story. I love reading Legend of Zelda fanfics, but so far there've only been a couple that i've devoted the time te read to, and yours tops the list. Only pet peeve so far is that you keep referring to them as 'zorans' as far as I have ever known, they are the zoras, or the zora race.

Aside from that, great job, hope you keep on updating, cuz i am dying to find out how this story ends!

Your new most faithful reader
Sam Leonhart chapter 11 . 12/17/2014
I doubt you pay attention to the reviews on this story since it's been over 2 years, but I want to say thank you for this story. It's one of the stories that I come back to read after many months, and I often use it as an example in conversation of a good modern take on older-style games, as well as one where canon characters were refitted well into the new story.

All in all, I just want to thank you for this story. It's my absolute favorite Zelda fic on this site, and one of the best stories I've found here.

(And I did make sure to put this review on the first chapter to be updated after I started to read it.)
Nitpicker chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
So Link's new sniper rifle is about three meters long (200 cm over one meter, or 2 meters over one meter)

Good to know.
LecktheTech chapter 30 . 8/12/2014
When I first read the chapter, I thought " A modern Legend of Zelda?" So I read the first 3 chapters..and got hooked on the escape from Hyrule City. Generally I hate modern Legend of Zelda fanficts, but this is an exception.
Moving on to writing in general.
You have vivid imagery, and just the right amount of details for me, your style of writing is great, and this is the best writing on ffnet in the LoZ section.
I couldn't have a section of raving about how good you are without a section on your errors, now could I?
You make some errors with spelling(very few of these), some errors on grammar(more of these), and then some inconsistencies in the story itself(mostly these). Otherwise better than most, though.
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 14 . 7/17/2014
I understand that you named these "Bosses" the way you did for your own reasons, but I do have to ask if you have a way of explaining how VALENT got the names to use, as this story implies that those mythos that the names come from also are applicable, or at least known, to the characters "In-universe".

Also, when I saw what you did with the hookshot, my immediate vision was basically the same implement that Ada from Resident Evil carries around.
Light Onthemayo chapter 30 . 7/5/2014
This is a very detailed and well written story, and I applaud your talent. So far, it's been a thrill to read, especially when it comes to battle situations. They way you've kept the intensity going has been great, and it would be wonderful to see where you take this story.

I've noticed that your grammar, while quite readable, has the odd occasion to go a little awry. I don't know if you've been using a Beta lately, but there is a helpful way to check grammar after you've finished writing. I've found that, by reading the story out loud word for word, it's easier to give a chapter a quick grammar check. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
scriptdragonslayer chapter 30 . 6/3/2014
Alrighty. Time for me to review. Let me start off with what I DON'T like about this...

It's not finished.

That is my only complaint. This story is beautifully written, thoughtfully choreographed, painstakingly thought out, wonderfully characterized, and amazingly executed. I love this story. It retains all of the classic Zelda goodness in a modernish setting while entirely suspending disbelief. I would classify this, like CrazygurlMadness' story Fighting Gravity, as a true epic. This is the type and quality of story that could be spread across continents and generations, with hundreds of thousands o grandfathers telling it to their grandchildren. This deserves to be put on display on this site for all Legend of Zelda fans to read. This is obviously and evidently a labour of love, and because of that, it shines brightly into the foggy sea of fics that is this site. (Okay, enough with the poetic stuff.)

I realize that it's been a VERY long time since you've updated, but I would love to see you resume posting. If you need inspiration, because that's what's blocking you, then I cannot recommend highly enough the aforementioned Fighting Gravity. It is a masterfully done Zelda AU that uses technology well. However, if you just need a beta or someone for ideas, I selflessly offer myself up to be sacrificed for this noble cause.

In short, this is everything a good (no, amazing) fanfiction should be. You shoul be proud of yourself for creating such a masterpiece.

Yours truly,

Cal, the Script Dragon Slayer

P.S. This is the longest review I've ever written. Be proud of yourself for managing that too.
Terry chapter 30 . 5/14/2014
It's been more than a year since the last update.

ALSO: It's occurred to me that if you were to ever change a couple of the names in this, you would have an extremely viable, extremely good book. Or rather, considering the length of it, three books - one for each of Valent's super-weapons.

Just a thought.
Light Onthemayo chapter 4 . 5/12/2014
I have only read up to the third chapter at this point, but I must say that I am quite impressed with the way you've handled this story thus far. I encountered this story on TVTropes some time ago, but I neglected attempting to read it until after giving the TVT page a good look. After torturing myself with some of the events described in the story, I finally caved and gave it a read.
Your characterizations and the depth of detail you've put not only into the world but the underlying aspects of the world, the political climate, the intelligence-gathering, the interactions between characters, it's all left me amazed. You've clearly spent a lot of time detailing this story out. I will agree that some of your action writing tends to come across a little awkward, but there's only so many ways you can describe characters nearly being shot or blown to pieces. The degree to which you describe weapons and military vehicles tells me that you're a fan of the armed forces or have otherwise done quite a bit of research. I was particularly impressed with your description of how Epona operates, the effects of its variable suspension, its drawbacks, how it responds to the environment around it, most done to within a very convincing degree of reality.
The dynamic between Link and Zelda this far in the story is actually quite humorous and heartwarming. The fact that you've successfully pulled off an effectively mute Link is quite amazing. Zelda's character is definitely a departure from the tradition of either being kidnapped or working in secret. Instead, she's thrust right into the middle of the action where she is just as likely to be killed. I look forward to reading the rest of this story.
Dragonwing1995 chapter 4 . 4/14/2014
You have made in my mind one of the ABSOLUTE BEST stories I have ever read. I firmly believe that this story should get a movie and proper book series written for this
taking it easy chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
... So the people of Valent are called Valentines? Like "Valentine's Day"? Was that intentional? If so, why?
clonco chapter 30 . 11/20/2013
wow! i just read near 400,000 words in about 2 days. it would be bad taste not to leave a review, especially for such stunning, engaging novel like this. reel me in 'cause i'm hook, line and sinker for this fic. you'll have to forgive me since i'm no good at reviews but i really wanna highlight what i love about this so here goes!

admittedly, i was skeptical at first since modern zelda aus had the tendency to be a bit naff and, otherwise, as the second chapter loomed in i was worried it might wander into phantom menace styled politics (if you forgive, or can even go along with, that poor metaphor!).

i really was surprised though. not only was there a solid foundation for link zelda's relationship that made me just giddy but there was hella lovely political dialogue to ease in with as well, including lovely exposition for the layman nicely snuck in. this alongside intriguing original characters (like lenore and now emi, jessica and ESPECIALLY steve, juno and alexandria) has me rolling about in joy and interest just all over the floor. i'm sorry for these gross exaggerations but you're going to have to put up with them!

i want to highlight the characters especially since i enjoy them, even though they feel a little controversial! after all, i think you've responded to people before bringing up the lack of canon character appearances and you have your own reasons for that - something that would make sense further the story progresses i get too - and at any rate i congratulate your cool as heck original creations. especially in a world that functions on intrigue and suspicion - everyone's got a double motive and all - you manage to make them sympathetic, compelling and not absurdly irrational and thoughtless in their moments. even with a ruthless characters they have calculations and aims which makes it understandable why they tick it's GREAT.

i shouldn't skimp on complimenting your handling of the canon characters either! link, zelda, impa and ganon have all had my thumbs up. i really wanna talk about zelda! zelda's been so intelligent, so fascinating, so captivating that quite honestly i'm swooning. as the fic has continued on it's a shame we haven't seen as much of her in the more recent chapters. impa's been stunning as well though! especially her relationship with lenore - respectful but still cautious, i think i'm head over heels a great working relationship between two rocking lady characters and i'm lovin' it!

i can't go on without not talking about link either! i like how he's portrayed as a - mostly - silent protagonist. it suits him and is definitely not as jarring as i'd thought it'd be! and his background established in this fic is pretty delicious which brings me onto my next point.

I LIKE YOUR ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SUBTLE MYTHOLOGY OF THE SERIES DUDE! it's gr8! i'm really fascinated to see how that keeps up and how much you'll incorporate it and how you'll incorporate it. and even if you will because the original concepts you've been bringing in have been brill anyway! i definitely enjoy what i think are playful references with the original material ahhhh it's fun!

especially as you keep the very structure of the legend of zelda games together - stage, sometimes mini boss, boss, well established goals, you know the drill!

and in terms of the latest chapter 30 wow alexandria, juno and steve have delighted me! i've been fascinated by valent's military - they're effective but, ultimately, non-cooperative among themselves which has been their major downfall. that's what makes their parts so inviting and it's very interesting how you follow their different styles, even poor steve's (who shall not be with us any more, RIP STEVE AT LEAST I LOVED YOU MATE)

i don't really know what else i wanna cover - sorry if this has just been a stream of bizarre metaphors and not exactly constructive praise. i'd have to read it over a second time, strapping on my constructive criticism goggles, before i could give any suggestions of solid use to you. only a few things strike me right now such as the fact that maybe the narrative is struggling a bit without so much screen time on link and zelda in the recent chapters. but i'm sorry, i'm just a positive person and i have a lot of positive feelings about this writing!

forgive me for saying aside from that, i noticed you haven't updated in a while but i can see why you've been caught up. your a/n notes you have a really busy life and aside from that i searched around and found that writer's block has been an issue for you on this fic as well. whatever happens, though, i just want to say i've super enjoyed what you've put up and, more importantly, i hope you're doing good with whatever you're up to at the moment! even if it's still getting over the lacklustre, damning mass effect 3 ending still (i wouldn't blame you, i too still suffer some unfortunate memories)

good luck with things and hope to see you update if you're up for it!

p.s. i want to marry jessica intensely i really do i really do. would that be okay? i was worried she might function as a honey trap (i feel like there's a better phrase or trope to describe it but i'm coming up blank now) but i can't resist her, she's sweet and that's damning for her where she is right now. HOW DELICIOUS! thank you
Wallywoz chapter 30 . 11/16/2013
Great story I've saw it a couple years ago & hope you can finish it very well done. I've wondered if any of Hyrules comon animals/monsters are still around or wipped out be interesting to see them against modern Hylians (readers are picky lol) but either way its great.
Burnished Angel chapter 20 . 9/29/2013
I approve of your killing off Lily and Buddy. This isn't because I'm some sort of sadist, but simply put, I saw no way they could get out alive.