Reviews for Monsters Within
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Oh!

That was the sound of my breath catching in some combination of horror and acceptance.
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
this is brilliant. i am stunned speechless. it's gorgeous.

and i have had the most horrific several days since i last reviewed. unbelievably bad.

there are times when one hopes by the sheer force of will that one can change reality.

i'm not sure yet which way it is going to go but... no one can say i'm not trying. might be my epitaph: she died trying.

at anyrate, one of my favorite words: feral. love it.

i live in a place where we have wildfires. this last spring there was a big one within a mile of the house, the animals, the stuff... we were THAT CLOSE to evac'ing. it was the worst i've ever seen and fire (as they say in 'backdraft' although more poetically than i ever could) is a living, breathing thing that is freaking terrifying to see close up. you do a very good job at the beginning of this story fanning that fear.

you're brilliant and you never have to be worried about your opening lines (i have to admit tho that some of the examples of really REALLY bad opening lines on that website make me laugh out loud).

one of the things i like about your writing is the starkness of it. it is very - um - parsimonious. frugal. every. word. counts. nor do you abuse adjectives (as i am guilty of doing).

"jonathan creek" - you recommend it? we're just finishing "inspector lewis" and i'm about to go into withdrawal (and no, i can't stand morse so don't suggest morse).

it was a dark and stormy night...
themidnightfiles chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Hee hee! It's always fun to find something from history and think, "What if the Doctor did that?" Love it!
LuckyBlackCat chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Short but effective and in character. You packed so much in such a small amount of words-impressed!
teddybowties chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Ahh.. always saving lives.

Good story.