Reviews for Ryan's Good Day
Aqua Mage chapter 5 . 11/11/2009
Really enjoying this, looking forward to more...
beachtree chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
That seemed like a fast chapter, or maybe it was the way you broke up the current time with the flashback to the summer. All things considered, that was probably just about the closest thing to a "good" sick day as Ryan had had before this round. At least he had a foreman who was paying attention and looking out for him, and even if he didn't want to inconvenience Theresa and expected little- if anything- at least she was also aware, expressed some interest and concern, and didn't either demand that he continue to do whatever she required or take advantage of his compromised state.

I can only imagine what Ryan had to deal with when he was sick or hurt and at the mercy of any Atwoods, from a needy, clingy, oblvious Dawn and her revolving cast of supporting (and dangerous, violent) special friends to a manipulative and self-absorbed Trey, who still would have put Ryan in harm's way to do his dirty work, or only noticed what was impossible to ignore- especially if he wanted something.

It's a shame that the Cohens in canon didn't redeem themselves as they seem to be making an effort at doing here. Not even a serioulsy injured Ryan had that effect, so I'm curious to see what happens if Ryan's symptoms worsen, while Seth still overplays the sympathy card on his staycation.

Having Seth doing just what he wants while Ryan is worried about homework and not disappointing the Cohens or wasting their money is very much in character. No matter what, that obligation to please, including appeasing Seth, would be important to Ryan.
Jonesyfu chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
Nice! I enjoyed the jump to a brief but detailed story within a story. I like how seamless and in character you've made Ryan's inner monologue and spoken statements. You're chapters flow nicely, as well. I get to the end of them much too quickly! :) - likely due to the smoothness of your writing style, which is nicely paced and easy to visualize. Thanks, and look forward to more!
chiclete chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
Ouch! He keeps getting worse... thanks! :P
ChrisUSA chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
awesome thank u
Healer Pomfrey chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
loved it!
IndigoWinter912 chapter 4 . 10/3/2009
How sad for Ryan that it takes him getting that sick to get attention. Maybe that will be a wake up call for the Cohens. Of course I don't see this just being a cold. Look forward to whatever you have coming up next for Ryan.
chiclete chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
"This is the best sick day ever" Poor kid. It's probably the first time he's being taken care of :(
jonsmom14 chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
I'm glad to see the Cohens actually being parents for a change.
beachtree chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
I see that Seth is still his very recognizable, very obnoxious self at the doctor's and at the store. Even when he's not slightly sick, he's insufferable! Now he's settling in for his comfortable vacation, ready to be treated like royalty. Figures!

I didn't think Ryan would get off easy. That's not how things work with him, but considering what he'd expect, not being ignored (although the Cohens did that, too) or expected to do whatever anyone else wanted regardless, would make for a "good day," even if he ends up with something more serious than than flu or a very bad cold. At least he's not having pain inflicted on top of that misery, or being left to figure out what to do on his own if he needs help.
Jonesyfu chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
I think I might know where this is going, and I'm looking forward to it! Even if my predictions are premature, I'm enjoying the story so thanks either way! :)
chiclete chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
I see trouble ahead! Why do we enjoy seeing them suffer... I wonder! ;)
chiclete chapter 2 . 9/30/2009
Seth complaining about everything is just hilarious! Oh, and the hairdryer bit? Priceless!
benlust chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
Great chapter! Was hoping Ryan wasn't getting away with just a cold, can't wait for more.
Healer Pomfrey chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
loved it, as usual - more please!