Reviews for Amhran Gra Tokyo3
Donderkind chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
A very sweet, though a little dark, story. The actions of Misato, in the hands of a less skilful author, would be repelling I guess, but you have handled it beautifully and treated her, and the pilots with the respect they deserve in this story.

A very fine thing indeed!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
One of the single best works here at the Pit of Voles.

It is darkly beautiful, and it genuinely moved me.

I would like to see more work from you, though it may be that real life precludes this.
darkcarnage chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
you sir combine my two favorit couples and made one. Thank you I'm oddly happy
Kanto the Slayer chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Kind sir, you have done nothing wrong.

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. Period. And trust me, there are a lot of good ones out there.
roflecoptorroxxor chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
ICKY! a way...oddly satisfying...
xX-Afflicted-Xx chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
I LOVE IT! I really do.
no name chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
yay an nother chapter i read this a long time ago not really that long but a while ago and i really liked it im glad u wrote another chapter hope u write more.
no name chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
Csilvmatecc chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
As with my last review, (Different author?) I believe this could be a little bit more graphic.
RaspK FOG chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Well, it was somewhat disturbing at some point (I believe you can guess which one I mean by that), but however disturbing it was wonderfully written, and was not "wet" for that; I actually like some lime reading, as long as it elevates the feelings and the psychological backdrop of the given story.

Your work? "Fantastisch!", as Asuka would put it... Or would it be "Wunderbar"?...

Anyway, only objection is one thing: use standardised signs if possible:

"[Talking] '[Quoting]' [Talking]"

This way, more people will enjoy your fabulous writing more!
Alixen chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
i like this fic very mutch keep it up
Mandz chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
A very interesting piece. Like you, I've read a few citris stories on Misato and her charges, and I agree with you that the majority depict her as a slut. It's good to see someone put depth into her character, giving her more emotion. I especially like the way she's thinking to herself through the fic, telling herself that it's wrong, but knowing it's purely out of love and care. A beautiful story, be proud
TheJadeArcAngel chapter 1 . 1/11/2002
Quite good considering its one of the more uniuqe stories to come out of FF.N in a while. I hope you keep it up
Meat chapter 1 . 1/11/2002
Good story.
BC Baron chapter 1 . 1/11/2002
Whoa, I'm really impressed. This was very well written. Finally, someone treating Misato as an interseting character with some depth instead of merely using her for comic relief.

I haven't read many lemon/limes, but I'm pretty sure that you can determine whether one is worth reading if it passes one simple test: If you take away the sex scenes, do you still have a good story?

That is absolutley the case here. I didn't really find what you were suggesting to be all that disturbing. Then again, this is Evangelion we're talking about here. The ability to set aside one's initial shock long enough to appreciate the artistic merit of all the controversial religious and freudian subtext is a prerequisite for the course.

The three-way situation may have been straining credibility just a bit, but I almost feel guilty even mentioning it, since everything else seemed so well thought out. I certainly have no problem buying into a mutual attraction between Shinji and Misato. I've always felt that those two characters (the core players of the anime right from the first episode) were very fond of one another. Much of what you had Shinji say to Misato when trying to console her supports this.

By the way, I want to personally thank you for writing a scene where Shinji expresses his gratitude to Misato for taking him in and showing him that someone cares. I know that Shinji tends to focus on his own feelings of depression and abandonment, but it always bothered me that he never really let Misato know just how much he appreciated her in his life.

For a while there, I thought you were going to avoid all the regret issues by simply making the lime portions a dream sequence. Although I never considered Shinji to be a pervert (despite Asuka's constant accusations), the lime scene probably would have been more appropriate as one of Shinji's dreams. That, however would have required a change in the POV and would have opened up a whole other can of worms.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while Shinji has always been attracted to both Rei and Asuka, it should not, in my opinion, be overlooked that Misato was included as one of his visions while trapped in Unit 01.

Would Shinji ever act on these feelings? I don't know. I mean, for a teenager as starved for affection as Shinji, being trapped in a shelter, cut off from the rest of civilization with two of the three most important women in his life, is probably as close to a fantasy come true as he is likely to have. Sure, you could argue that he is still too shy and inexperienced (not to mention, a gentleman) to ever take advantage of that situation, but he was not being the agressive one here, it was all consentual, and I think, despite the fact that there were in fear for their lives, Shinji has always felt safe in Misato's presence.

All of this, of course, is subject to much heated debate. I'm just glad that someone had the guts, creativity and talent to transform it all into a great story. I hope you will consider either expanding this fic or writing others that continue to explore some of the gray areas of the series.