Reviews for House of Red
chishero chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Unfortunately, this isn't a 'fresh' response because I actually read this last night on my PSP, and it's hard as hell to spaz on a review texting on that thing.. but I'll try to keep as true to my initial emotions as possible. :D

Oh, wait. One thing: before I even read the fic, I had like, the highest expectations EVER. I've always, always, ALWAYS wanted to either read or write a story like this-one that's intentionally out of order but uses it to its advantage-and when I saw this I sort of went into happy insane shock. It was just so exciting. But then I was worried: what if I was setting my standards too high? What if I was expecting too much? I tried to tone it down a little.

But really, I shouldn't have bothered. God, I wasn't disappointed at ALL.

For srs-it. was. AWESOME. For one, you have a beautiful writing style that flows and gives meaning and character and everything a story needs. Ciel and Sebastian were so perfect, in my opinion-I loved how you made Sebastian act more like the human he was, but still kept his character fundamentally the same. Grell and Madam Red, too, were amazing. You brought out my pity for Madam Red, and my annoyance at freaking Grell for just being himself.

And then the order you put the chapters in was so shocking, even from the very beginning. In chapter one, Sebastian denies that he'd show Ciel the workings of his trade-and in chapter two, Ciel's on top of him. In chapter seven, we already know they both die... in chapter four, we discover a terrible secret was unveiled, but have no idea what it is. In chapter five there is only ONE SENTENCE and yet, in chapter 6, we realize how devastating that sentence was. In chapter 19, the whole STORY changes and so many things finally make sense, it just hurts. D: That that order must've taken so much time and effort and it WORKED, it really did, and I'm so glad I got to read it.

Chapters XVI, XVII, and I were my favourites, probably just because they hurt so much. XVI started to burn in my mind after reading 'I'... Ciel was so horrified, and Sebastian was so sorry, both rightfully so. XVII made me cry because it was so TRAGIC, even though I still didn't fully understand it until reading 'I'. So, obviously, 'I' was so amazing because it completely blindsided me, like twisting a knife embedded in flesh (see how inspired I am with my similes? XD), and made me sit there depressed for an hour. Seriously, the first chapter being last but delivering such a punch is so COOL. :D

... Sigh. I could gush more, but it would be nonsensical praise and this review would go on for way more than I think any of my reviews ever have. Which makes sense because this one-shot's probably left the most lasting effect any one-shot has ever imprinted on me, but still. Just know that you have made this Kuroshitsuji fan fiction reader SO happy, and that you are SO awesome, and that this is SO favourited, and uh... yeah. :D

/END STUPIDLY LONG REVIEW KTHX

- kaydoodle
kyouruhi24 chapter 19 . 10/10/2009
omg

i didn't expect that end

so this is incest?

hmm... yummy

i love it

so... just a question... i know ciel loves sebby romantically..

how about sebby? is it just brotherly love?
keptein chapter 19 . 10/9/2009
This thing is so pretty. I first read it on LJ, and then I went here and read it too, because it's AMAZING.
Koolneko22 chapter 19 . 10/7/2009
Wow...

I had not idea that was coming until the last chapter-part II. I knew the secret thing about Sebastian that hurt Ciel would have to be there because he had arrived at Madam Red's, but the only thing we found out was that he had to work for her, which we already knew. I thought it might have been something about him killing people for her, or being a demon- but no.

And there was something that bothered me-Ciel said he couldn't live with what HE had done. And the only thing I could think of was somehow he wasn't in control of his actions, but it didn't make sense because there was no supernatural-unless he was somehow insane...But now it's explained.

But in part II I just thought-what if they're brothers? And when I started part I, I knew I was right.

Though I don't know why Sebastian never told him he was his brother...

This was so sad. Poor Ciel.

But hopefully they can be together in death.

You have a wonderful poignant writing style.

I could say so much more. But just keep writing!
cat-in-a-bag chapter 19 . 10/4/2009
Oh, wow. That was absolutely amazing. And beautiful. And poignant. And so many other adjectives I won't bother to list.

Funny that I didn't realize that the chapter names indicated the chronology until I finished the last chapter (I) and was presented with the startling fact that Sebastian was Ciel's older brother. And then suddenly everything made sense, and I read the whole story again, this time in chronoligical order. You definetely deserve praise for that unique story structure!
nobody chapter 19 . 10/1/2009
Absolutely amazing. At first I was so confused by the ordering but by the last chapter the last line was so powerful. Most unique kuroshitsuji story yet; fabulous job! :)
Khandalis chapter 19 . 10/1/2009
Wow. I really liked your writing style. I enjoyed how you toyed with the reader weaving expertly through past and present. I only guessed at the fact that Ciel and Sebastien were siblings. Nonetheless, the final plot twist surprised me, allowing me to grasp just how tragic the story actually was. Furthermore, I think you captured their characters excellently. I look forward to reading more of your works.
Eden Lies chapter 19 . 9/29/2009
I love this
iSnuffles chapter 11 . 9/28/2009
I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed the resemblence between Vincent and Sebastian...
iSnuffles chapter 6 . 9/28/2009
Oh god, Grell. You've captured his insantiy perfectly
iSnuffles chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
Gyah, you're writing style is so amazing, and I'm not just saying that because you write sebXciel fics. It really is beautiful and fluid. I'm jealous.
iSnuffles chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
“You’re a whore, aren’t you? What pleasure is there to be gained in pain?”

Best. Quote. Ever.
arienrhod chapter 4 . 9/28/2009
At first I was confused with this double numeration and was considering reading it in different order that the chapters were posted but decided against it. And I'm glad I did. It makes sense either way but is more entertaining the way you posted it. It's like arranging a puzzle. With every chapter a hole is filled and the story is completing itself. Very interesting idea. And a great fic, whatever way you read it XD I loved it.
TheAntitype-ZEPHYR chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
maiden of the Moon-sempai...*cries endlessly while screaming incoherently*...good, just good...THE BEST!*repeat earlier actions* Seba...Ciel...I wanna commit suicide...
stillcat071 chapter 19 . 9/27/2009
...wow...what can I say? its...just...amazing I mean wow, I really didn't expect that..they were...wow...huh, I wonder if Ciel knew that Sebastian was his brother...but no matter, just great I loved it amazng work X3
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »