Reviews for At His Mercy
Liberty Hoffman chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
love the writing! so epic!
Loafer chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I just rewatched this episode last night, ironically, and felt there was so much missing when they cut from the cemetery straight to Shawn batting. You did great here at filling that missing part in.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Superb, thank you!
88Keys chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I love it! This episode kind of left me hanging, and once again, you've filled in the blanks.
Pliffy chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
that was awesome and want you made everyone say that was not in the eps was perfect BTW I love at this After a second, it becomes obvious that Spencer feels it to. He moves quickly, and I watch, with both horror and hope, as he scoops the cordless phone off the ground and throws it.

Straight over our heads

the other funny parts where great to but that one made me laugh out lourd
silverluna chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Aw, great job! I loved this! I loved seeing the whole thing from Lassie's POV, that he took us through the whole scene with his thoughts. I found him very in character. I loved the whole section (hee hee, I would quote it all here but that's a lot) where Lassiter is trying to plead with with Salamatchia and then Juliet appears and Salamatchia grabs Lassiter as a hostage. I love that Juliet is looking Lassiter's way for instructions but he can't find the words; he doesn't want to give her to give up the gun but knows she has no choice. Squee! All the thoughts how he doesn't want to see Jules or Shawn or Gus get hurt, and that he doesn't want them to watch Salamatchia kill him... just perfect!

OMG, the missing scene at the end where Lassiter is putting Salamatchia in the back of the police car ROCKED IN ITS INFINITE AWESOMENESS.

This was my favorite part:

"I don't owe Salamatchia anything and I know it. His vigilante justice killed Petrovich. He would have just as easily killed McNab and I for something we had absolutely no control over.

But still, I find myself unable to keep my mouth shut. I have to make him understand.

“I'm sorry about your son,” I say honestly. I pause for a moment, letting my words sink in. “But I'm also sorry that you blame me. I got Petrovich off the streets for three years. It was the most I could do.”

Salamatchia scoffs. “I took him out for good, Detective. Don't tell me you're sorry about his death.”

“I'm not.” I reply coldly. “But I couldn't be like you. I still have a job to do. I still have people to arrest. I don't want anymore kids, like Bobby, to get hurt.”

The mention of his son's name brings tears to Mr. Salamatchia's eyes. He looks away from me and towards the horizon.

I know that this is how the story ends. Salamatchia will not apologize for trying to kill me. In fact, he probably hates me just as much as ever. But I hope that someday, he'll remember my words and realize that I was sincere."

Gah! You really did so well capturing the essence of Salamatchia's pain that drove him to his extreme actions, as well as Lassiter's sincerity about how he always works hard to get criminals off the streets, even if the outcome is less than desirable. But he does what he has to, by his police code to uphold the law and will always find murder inexcusable.

AW! And how sweet was the ending, with Jules and Lassie so glad the other one is okay? :D

Awesome, just loved your story! :)
felixlee14 chapter 1 . 9/26/2009