Reviews for Can't Have It Both Ways
Ladytyger chapter 16 . 2/7
This was an absolutely amazing story! Im so glad I found it.
morningrose1 chapter 16 . 1/26
great story
Beth1112 chapter 16 . 1/15
I really enjoyed your story.
rosen006 chapter 2 . 1/14
Goblin Academy of Youth? GAY? Seriously, you are a comedic genius!
SimplyAdventures chapter 1 . 1/9
Pretty good. Wonder where Albus went of too
WhiteElfElder chapter 7 . 1/8
How does a secretary become interim minister? As for what Umbridge can do in less than 6 weeks, well a nuclear bomb can wipe out a city in 60 seconds.
WhiteElfElder chapter 2 . 1/8
Oh Albus...you just made sure that grave is not deeper, but lined with red hot stones that will be where you get placed while still alive.
FiftyMe chapter 8 . 1/3
"Deloris Umbridge is a cunning, conniving, backstabbing, eat your baby for breakfast if it furthers her career, walking pile of shit! Is that what you wanted to hear Lord Potter?"

LMAO! All I can see is Jim Carrey in Liar Liar yelling this scene with his teeth sticking out of his open grimaced mouth by the time he was finished! Good scene!
odonnellzoo99 chapter 1 . 12/22/2023
I believe this is our introduction to OC Barchoke.
Such a fun story.
Thank you for writing.
DPDbookworm chapter 16 . 12/20/2023
From wonderfully salty, well-deserved public embarrassments and ruinations, to sweet romance and diverse friendships, with just the right bit of serious thoughts to both, and of course your clever twists on the graveyard ritual, this story contains a LOT of good stuff — thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 16 . 12/15/2023
Ah wonderful story. Very, very well done.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/15/2023
This has all been great but I've been confused how even now there's been no sign nor mention of Andromeda or the Tonks family at all.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/14/2023
This is a great story as are the others I've read by this author. I like the spin on this with the goblin in charge of the Potter accounts actually making the move himself and reaching out to him. I can't recall at any stories having him do that.

I have two issues with this story so far though not really major. The first is the seeming ignoring of Ron after his wand blowing up. It was almost as if the teachers ran right by Ron ignoring him as he bled on the ground with how it was written.

The other being Harry's reaction to Hermiones question about a ring for Luna just seemed wrong. I can't see him reacting like that at all and it seemed forced. Almost like the rest was naturally organic then suddenly the author wanted to put it out that he absolutely won't have Luna joining them. So has the subject forcefully brought up and Luna rejected on the spot to end any further thoughts or comments by readers for it to happen.

Thats the only reason I can think of because it just seemed so off. It was so obvious why she asked and Mr protector would understand that and frankly is far more likely to consider it even if only a place holder and temporary thing. Since as said Hermione could remove hers anytime. Frankly it didn't have to be an engagement ring. She asked about getting her a ring like hers could mean just that. Rather than as a fiancee a protectee having an item of protection from a lord makes a lot of sense.

There was nothing from her question and the worry for Luna they were experiencing that should've jumped to him thinking she wanted to give her ring back or anything of the sort.

That was just fairly poorly done. Felt really wrong.

Everything else has been really, really good. To the point that it actually probably increased how off it felt. To go from everything great and a ten out of ten to a wtf was that made it stand out all the more.
Clearwater2 chapter 16 . 12/11/2023