Reviews for Can't Have It Both Ways
EkaterinaSteele chapter 16 . 3/2/2022
really enjoyed this story
Darknessdawns chapter 16 . 3/2/2022
I absolutely loved this story. Then again I seem to live all your works. However there's just something special about stories where the Goblins have a major role and are just plain awesome. I also loved how mature Harry was in this. Again, one if my favorite concepts there. Powerful and confident Harry who is taking charge of his life. The fact it was a fourth year piece that brought in a host of great characters and created a dedicated group of friends only made it better. The Fiber of Fire arc had so much potential and I always love seeing the many different ways the story could have went from that point. Of course Harry being the Heir of both Slytherin and Gryffindor was a wonderful addition and another well loved concept. I definitely wasn't expecting the scene where he took control of Hogwarts to be nearly as awesome as it was. Then we also had that beautiful ending to Voldemort. The Sword in the Stone angle was one I never expected. It's a pity the Sword of Gryffindor is now lost to that role but it's equally fitting. It now guards one of the biggest threats to Hogwarts and her heir since the time of the founders. And let's not forget the whole angle with the Quibbler. I absolutely loved how that was done and how Luna and Collin were brought into the group. The idea of the Quibbler hiding actual news and messages behind and within it's quirky articles is just beautiful. Not to mention seeing it become the most prominent source of news in the British Magical Community. That was so much more than I ever expected or hoped for. This was truly a wonderful story and I'm honestly sad for it to be over. Thank you again for writing such lovely pieces and sharing them with us.
Byanca chapter 13 . 2/11/2022
I just loved the choice. I'm Brazilian, I had to research about Roberts Burns to understand and I'm extremely grateful for that.
peggy77 chapter 8 . 2/7/2022
After reading the last paragraph, if I could actually talk to Peter I would say, "Well, why did you go looking for Voldemort when you ran away from the Shrieking Shack then?"

Lol! I really love the fact that you show little clips of what's going on in the background.
Marj123 chapter 15 . 2/6/2022
A most enjoyable story. Thank you.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 15 . 1/26/2022
The Dumbledore Grope is a great line.
This story is a great read every time.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/24/2022
I'm sure you already got told this already, numerous times...at least I hope so, and if so then I'm sure it will change as the chapters progress, but...

Jean.

Hermione JEAN Granger.

Jane is Umbridge's middle name. Hermione's is Jean, not Jane.
smartisha101 chapter 1 . 1/18/2022
How come every time authors give harry a gf, they turn her into a raging bitch.
Arkodian chapter 16 . 1/11/2022
Every story of yours including Hermione's mum has Emma Grangee as a certifiable badass and I love it. Her way of dealing with the Dursleys cracked me up.
I love love love the friendship between the champions. That's what it's supposed to look like! That whole tournament had so many plotholes in canon. Soooo many.
knttr chapter 12 . 1/8/2022
I've read this story more than a dozen times since you first published it, and I still chortle at my mental images of Fred and George dancing "Strip the Willow". as I read this chapter. The ceilidh is one of my most favorite scenes in all of your works.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/5/2022
luna is a bit OOC
marcinkrycki2314 chapter 16 . 12/31/2021
Damn, i hoped Faweks will drop Dubles in active vulcano...

Great work and i enjoyed reading it until the very end.
altarincze chapter 16 . 11/26/2021
well magic the vault is all good and dandy, but as they were discussing some muggle options on destroying the stone, how about some muggle protections? Like sending it into deep space. Sending it to sun might have not worked as voldy could have gotten back. Maybe, somehow. Who know if wraith can escape the sun. But if they send it in some random direction ideally perpendicular to milky way disk, there is high chance he would just float endlessly till literal end of times.

Otherwise wery good FF. one of my favorites.
adelgado04291 chapter 16 . 11/24/2021
Fun story. I can see why you chose to have the goblin as the doorkeeper. At first I was like why not Dumbledore and I realized that the wizards keep having squibs so you have no idea when another descendant will pop up.
K chapter 16 . 11/5/2021
Loved the story! Full of alternative and unique invention. I can easily see other later writers taking up some of your ideas as they are so good.
3,346 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »