Reviews for An Eye For An Eye
Amaranthe Athenais chapter 1 . 6/29
You know, Regan, I really think that this story is close to perfection. You gave your readers a great insight into Henry's mind, and I believe that he was thinking exactly what you say when Jane lay dying in childbed fever and he was praying to God not to take her from him; but Anne's death was always in the back of his mind. Brilliant, I enjoyed it very much.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Loved it!
ChloboShoka chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
I thought this was brilliant. Wonderfully written and perfectly described the tragic and human side to Henry.
Julia-or-Jules chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
beautiful
Account Currently on Hiatus chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I love the dramatic ending, maybe that was what happened? I really enjoyed reading this, such a captivating story.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This was a very interestin fic.

I like how how the common people rallied against Anne's beheading and stating that she was inoccent. I believe they were right in the fact that Henry wanted Anne dead so he could marry Jane.

"""...If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe..."

Queen for Queen..."" This is an interesting point.

later on Edward died at a young age, perhaps this is the 'Prince for a Prince' part?
G chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Amazing! Fantastic! Gripping!

This story was sooooo good! I wonder if Henry could have been thinking something along these lines when Jane died. I hope he did realize his mistakes with Anne, and his worry of Prince for Prince could have been why he sheltered Edward so much.
Robin4 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I just re-read this wonderful story again, and realized that I'd never reviewed! I love the contrasts between Jane and Anne in Henry's mind, how he does truly love them both and has a hard time sorting out even his own feelings. I'm especially adoring, however, the ending line. It's absolutely heartbreaking, particularly knowing how Edward does die young. As always, well done!
loulou193 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Omggg ! What a perfect finish, so true ! It fits perfect with history, wow.

Another amazing Tudors story. Your writing is so unbelievably brilliant. can't wait for more !
MajoringinFandoms chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
"When would God decide that it was time for him to pay Prince for Prince?"

In about seventeen years... I loved reading this. You really captured how Henry thinks.
SlashMyDreams chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
What a wonderful fic. Are you sure you're not in fact some kind of soul-possesing time-traveler, with how well you can get so into all your characters' heads?

I hope you continue writing so much more, and I look forward to reading it.
black mage wannabe chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
wow the last line was pretty ominous. Once again you wrote Henry fantastically, especially the influence of his conscience and his fear of being guilty of Anne's murder. Like all of your stories, this was great!
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Really wonderfully written, and so tense, it practically vibrates with Henry's guilt. This was just such a wonderful snapshot into his mind!
SassyReaderGirl chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Wow. I've never read an author who could so effectively get into the head of her characters. I feel like I'm listening to Henry VI's internal monologue, which is disturbing but also real cool and amazing. And I think you have it right-the parallels are amazing!
malfunctionjunction chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow...

Just wow. I'm horrible at critics, but wow.