Reviews for Placing Our Bets
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
They are so freaking adorable. Why do they have to be so adorable? lol. This was very nicely done. :)
Denora chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
The line that says "Okay, you little tease, I got to go talk to your brother Jonathan.", you could have taken 'Johnathan',out but overall this is a good 't stop writing!
BritishNinjaChick chapter 2 . 8/1/2011
hey, im awful at reviews, but i just wanted to say that this was seriously beautiful. thank you for writing it.
RoseByNight chapter 2 . 4/9/2010
Aw! So sweet!
RoseByNight chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I love Jonathan...
Lovisa Devereux chapter 2 . 10/27/2009
All in all, regardless of other reviews you received i believe you have their characterisation almost spot on. They don't appear to be caricatures to me, but some of the things Rick said don't seem to fit.

I like how you write, and eagerly await more fics :)
Tirah Keal chapter 2 . 10/16/2009
I absolutely love what you have created here! Thanks for the great restriant by Rick. That is exactly the kind of man I pictured him being.
deeply-spaced chapter 2 . 10/7/2009
Aw, what a terrific chapter and the Jon and Rick interaction was so touching and still very funny. Jon's comments were wonderful and very in character. Thank you. I enjoyed this so very much.
Nakhti chapter 2 . 10/7/2009
Hey Late Bloomer

Thanks for responding to my review. I was simply too lazy to sign in before, hehe. I knew you'd defend your decision and could have predicted those exact arguments, which is your prerogative to interpret her character however you like. It makes a change from the shed loads of stories which attribute anachronistic characters to their 1920s heroines. However, I also thought the same thing in your other story (Betting on you, was it?) so I'm not convinced by your argument about just getting fired. I just think that in general your Evy is not the same Evy as in the film, but like I said, you're entitled to your interpretation.

As for this chapter...

I'm afraid it halted me in my tracks at line 1. The crying. Oh god the crying. What was I saying about Jonathan in danger of becoming a charicature? No longer just in danger. Now just plain up to his armpits in it. Like I said this is a well written story, but the characterisations are now starting to decend into parody, which is why I hated the third film :-(
Nakhti chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Nicely written story. I think you've got Rick and Jonathan pretty accurately (although perhaps they are a little more exaggerated than necessary, almost in danger of becoming charicatures) but I don't think you've really understood Evelyn at all. You've made her out to be a pathetic, snivelling excuse for a heroine, whining about how useless she is and why would anyone employ her, a mere woman - this is not the feisty feminist Evy from the films! That Evy would have been indignant at any put down based on her gender, ability, or perceived place in society. She knows who she is and is proud of it (think of her retort to O'Connell round the camp fire at Hamunaptra - 'I may not be an adventurer or a treasure hunter... but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian!')

I think the only reason you've given us this wishy washy Evelyn is so your uber-macho Rick can have someone to act heroic for. The lovely thing about Evy tho is that she can be feisty and spirited and STILL need rescuing, lol.
xomaja chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Love the first part! Looking forward to the second installment :)
Cheann de na thit chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Oh oh oh now I want to know what they get her, and what she replies :p thats mean, just leaving it there. I hope your going to do another installment, actually you have to do another one xD another great fic

xx
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Most awesome chapter. I love Jonathan and Rick together and this was such a delight to read! Jonathan is very hard to write and you've nailed him. I love Jonathan as he woke up and I love his reaction to Rick's bombshell. I can't wait to join them on their shopping spree.