Reviews for Harry Potter and the Price of Being Noble
stacygrrl2002 chapter 37 . 4/20/2015
very nice
stacygrrl2002 chapter 36 . 4/20/2015
I like the way Percy is concerned, and hope Arthur was able to dig around a bit. I also hope the bond is able to help Gabby fight off the Imperius, or at least let the others know something is wrong. I forgot Gellert was her nephew. Wonder how she feels knowing what he did and that Albus supposedly had to kill him during the battle in WW2. I also wonder just how much her history books have contributed to Goblins and other "creatures" being harassed and put down.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 31 . 4/20/2015
Interesting story so far. Good scripting, and plotting, twists and turns, good use of characters. I like it. I don't care about Privet Drive, but the plot may need them there. I could walk away from there and leave it. Nice job
stacygrrl2002 chapter 27 . 4/20/2015
yeah, fat lot of help dumbles is. knowing tom is an asshole, and did nothing to stop him. what a waste. Could have put a temporary end to the problem right there, until another horcrux was used, but they would have had time to seek them out.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 13 . 4/19/2015
interesting plot and entanglements so far. nicely scripted
Markus Ramikin chapter 44 . 4/18/2015
One thing I like about this story is how it has three individual characters in the "love interest" role without making any of them seem redundant. Especially surprising with Gabrielle, who isn't much of a character in Harry Potter, and whose initial connection to Harry is shallow at best. So good job with that.
CCBottle chapter 49 . 4/17/2015
It's annoying how Fleur allows Bill to keep disrespecting her and her supposed love, Harry, despite having to repeatedly tell Bill she's attached to someone already. They haven't even really talked to each other, he's just attracted to her because of her allure like everyone else but for some reason she doesn't mind this time? She should tell him to piss off if she actually cares about Harry. And they should all tell Mrs. Weasley to piss off too. They can't care about their relationship that much if they're allowing the woman that repeatedly called two of them whores to control their relationship.
Markus Ramikin chapter 27 . 4/16/2015
I was looking forward to see how you'd handle the Voldemort scene, and... ugh.

Good Is Dumb #1: Harry warning Voldemort that Dumbledore will interfere. Why not just keep your trap shut? Fortunately this didn't get anyone killed, but it's still stupid.

Good Is Dumb #2: Fleur simply not surprise-stunning Wormtail as soon as he dropped baby-Voldemort into the cauldron. That's a guaranteed win right there.

Good Is Dumb #2.5 And Harry too, once he got his wand. The first word out of his mouth should have been "Stupefy". What the hell was he thinking?

(Easy way to keep the story intact: Wormtail, who was standing over the cauldron to begin with, slumps against it, and the blood vial falls in anyway.)

Good Is Dumb #3: Dumbledore standing there uselessly while Fleur and Voldemort talked, and for that matter, wasting time himself on /greeting/ Voldemort. Instead of, you know, CASTING SPELLS, which he had ample time to cast like a dozen of, during that whole scene. This was the single most obvious, jarring problem with this chapter. Maybe you'll say that Dumbledore was waiting for Voldemort to AK Harry, to destroy the horcrux, but why use that tombstone to protect him, then?

(To keep the story intact, Dumbledore could arrive later, just as Harry is struck with the Killing Curse.)

Good Is Dumb #4: Fleur calling Harry "love" in the middle of a combat situation. It was just too obvious what the author was doing.

(Solution: have Voldemort act on Harry's general "saving people thing". He already should know that Fleur is his girlfriend's sister and therefore someone Harry would want to save. Or hell, he could cast at her simply because she's older, probably better trained and a bigger threat. Or in response to being cast upon from her direction.

Even a Voldemort ignorant of Fleur's and Harry's love for each other will have an opportunity to show off his villainy - by mocking her after seeing her reaction to Harry's being struck, which would make it obvious to him).

I realize that it's a romance, not an action story. Combat scenes are clearly a necessary evil for you here. But still. This scene's too important for it to make so little sense.
Markus Ramikin chapter 16 . 4/16/2015
Hm, I'm no fan of Ron, but his suspicions here seem more reasonable to me than this chapter's tone suggests. There really are things going on that he can't explain /based on information he has/ - and his ignorance here is partly caused by Harry. If I were Ron, the possibility that my best friend might be falling under some kind of control, when the basic premise "Veela have magic that affects men's minds" is already known to be true, would be deeply disturbing to me, even without being Ron-like thick or having Ginny or Molly influencing me.

And from one point of view, isn't he right all the way? I mean, what Fleur and Gabrielle did - the choice they forced Harry to make by their Veela powers - could be likened to a stalker girl who tells you that unless you marry her, she's going to kill herself.
Markus Ramikin chapter 11 . 4/15/2015
Nice story.

However, a serious review of punctuation rules would be worth the effort here. There's a lot of missing commas, and rather obvious ones at that; it's somewhat distracting.
KMF-G chapter 52 . 4/11/2015
Well, that was... AWESOME!
Incredibly detailed story and characters, very hard to put away-addictive story line. It was like I was on some drugs for this week, sleeping only 2-3 hours before work.
Thank you very much for this story!
NarutosBrat chapter 50 . 4/6/2015
Snape is so full of shit, and Dumbledore just eats it up like a fucking lemon drop.
NarutosBrat chapter 47 . 4/6/2015
Considering the fact that Snape goes out of his way to treat Harry like shit, I don't see any reason for Harry not to despise that asshole. I still fail to see how anyone can argue that Snape is anything but a petty asshole holding grudges against a deadman, and taking his anger out on the son.. Besides, if Snape was as remourseful as he claims, why does he treat Harry as he does? Frankly, I'm tired of hearing all of the crap about him playing a role, because it's quite obvious that his 'role' has nothing to do with his animosity of Harry. Seriously, if it was just a role, then he could have easily treated everyone at least civilly, and explained that he was forced to do so. If- and that's a really big IF- Snape was playing a role, maybe Snape isn't as Slytherin as he thought he was not to consider that. Hell, I bet that bastard jizzed his pants at the thought of being the one to send the last Potter to his death as a last bit of vengeance against James Potter.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to speak the address in the bond considering they all know the secret.

Man, I can just see Ron having a bad reaction to the news, potentially Molly too, unless she takes time to think about it. I don't see Bill having such a reaction, because he always came off as a cooler head- especially given that he works as a Curse Breaker- so I figure he'd just move on.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/1/2015
Just found the story and I intended to comment as a whole in the end but I cannot pass that chapter without commenting. Harry has been an unwilling participant in the tournament and now he is told that he either must live the rest of his life with two people that are for all intents and purposes strangers to him or condemn them to death (not to mention the fact he must let go of the one he loves). Now on top of that he just accepts a potion that will make him release his negative emotions? is that guy not allowed to be angry after everything, does he really not object to not have control over his own emotions?
John Bob chapter 51 . 4/2/2015
Please don't leave this again, I want to read more!
4,502 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »