Reviews for Harry Potter and the Price of Being Noble
sh777 chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Hmm... for some pranks.

Maybe a delayed charm that gradually makes the lawn look browner and dying yet to the Dursley's it still looks nice and green? Though that may look too much like magic.

Graffitti in the lawn.

Repaint Vernon's car some bright color.

Replace the Rose bushes with a sickly smelling plant.

I like the story though, look forward to updates.
The Lady Reaper of the Shadows chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
eagerly awaiting more
lord Martiya chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
A suggestion for a prank: regurgitating toilets.
Corisanna chapter 18 . 2/13/2010

* Switching spells on the salt and sugar containers, possibly at random times.

* A spell or ward to encourage the growth of mold and infestation of bugs in the pantry, to affect spices, flour, etc.

* Add the heat-changing spell to the coffee maker's hotplate, plus any tempered glass cookware. Initially leave one item unaffected. After Petunia comes to rely on the one item, sabotage that pan and undo the spells on the others. Change designated unaffected item around.

* Weaken structural integrity of dishes, to make breakage more likely.

* Sabotage measuring cups spoons- change size or labels. For bonus irritation, adjust spoons larger and cups smaller (or reverse).

* Time-delayed gradual shrinking spell on one leg of a table or other furniture.

* Cause pipes to degrade quickly.

* Re-hang a door in its frame so they are slightly skewed and won't close all the way.

* Weaken the structural integrity of the stairs right over the cupboard, so someone eventually falls through.

* Make minute holes in the car's tires.

* Charm Vernon's waistbands an inch smaller.

* Put a permanent dulling charm on the blades of all yard equipment and knives.

* Salt the earth, possibly gradually or in patches, until nothing will grow in their yard.

* Sabotage a key cooking ingredient to cause flatulence. Salt or some spice would be the most innocuous.

* Sabotage a key cooking ingredient with venom from a mackled malaclaw. This will cause bad luck.

* Later on- you imply obvious magic may start to show up- procure a boggart and put it in the house for a day. Same with a niffler. Possibly scatter some Leprechaun gold around the house first, if using a niffler.

* Have the Dursley's win a "prize": A small amount of Leprechaun gold. They will sell it, then it will disappear. Consequences could vary.

To get them in big, big trouble with the law, make hundreds of duplicates of a single note of high denomination in British Pounds and stash them in the house. Identical serial numbers mean instant counterfeiting and/or money laundering charges! Saw that in another fic, though. Can't recall the name, but it was a crossover with Batman.
Slytherin66 chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Really good chapter loved the pranks that had been done and the Harry/Fleur moment was nice. I liked you thinking with regard to the chamber and the creation of a Horcrux Tom would need help beyond what Slughorn provided. I hope both Harry and his ladies don’t have to die to get rid of the Horcux in Harry. The twins are sharp, as for future pranks I would charm or hex the post or any mail the Dursleys receive so that it ends up lost, post can be stolen if bill’s etc are not delivered and not paid this would damage the reputation and maybe even the finances and credit rating of the Dursleys. Information could also be given to the Inland Revenue so the family is investigated it would also be good if the Police were tipped off about a drunk driver Vernon would not like to be stopped by the Police near his home. As the Dursleys are nasty people it is a safe bet they would have enemies or people they have offended so Harry and the others should make use of that, no magic just bad luck. Maybe something could be done to make Vernon even louder when he is in the house given how he shouts it would be good if the neighbours complained. I look forward to the next chapter.
Beth5572 chapter 18 . 2/13/2010

Darklion25 chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Hm...pranks. How about spelling the Dursleys' bed linens to cause them to itch or break out in a rash? It could be seen as a bad reaction to laundry detergent or a problem with the mattresses. Also, the showers could be spelled to only spray out cold water. Maybe some kind of spell on the fridge to cause food to spoil quicker. Something to cause the toilets to constantly clog would be rather fitting too, with as much as the male Dursleys eat. Just a couple annoyance ideas for you.
Vincent Argeneau chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
I think one of the pranks should be a magical bug attraction, i.e., a spell that causes bugs to be attracted to the Dursley's kitchen. A follow up spell to that should be one that keeps the air pure no matter what chemicals are used, and another one that makes it so bug poison doesn't work in the house.
Matt chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Great job with this chapter. harry's "nobility" though possibly a touch overdrawn, seems to shift toward correction which I appreciate given the foolish drama that other writers include in the process of getting him over it. The twins' interest is also nicely handled and I look forward to seeing how you will resolve that along with the horcrux issue.

Thanks as always for your excellent efforts.

Kael Hyun chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Why were they useing Portkey's when they could have used Ms. Figg's Floo?

I take what they mean is the mouth on the base like in the movie (It's the base that the mouth opens as it's carved to look like Salazar).

As for the Death of his father that I beleave took place at the end of Tom's 7th year didnt it?

It dose make sence that Myrtle was the murder for the Diary as his shade in the Diary is 16, the same age he was when Myrtle died! Riddel could have just kept his Horcrux up to date via wrighting in it, or useing it like a pensive and sticking the memory right into the Diary.
rdg2000 chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
I don't know what happened to my first reveiw, but lets try this again.

Suggest pranks on the Dursleys:

o - Freshly painted fence peeling

o - Car smelling bad or rusting out quickly, seal around doors falling apart

o - Dull razor always cuts them when shaving

o - Over powering aftershave etc. that only others notice

o - Or just the opposite - BO regardless of what they do Vernon and Petunia passing gas while in the company of others

o - Washer won't clean cloths, dryer won't dry

o - Local police patrol the area more often - trouble for Dudley

o - Food going bad in the fridge / cupboard

I look forward to your next chapter

crocket chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
great story. Obvious pranks include giveing them gas when have people around set up so if more than 3 chairs in use at dinner table it set prank of. mean prank a subtle triping hex on stairs. nasty prank a back flow medical charm on bog ubend explain it incase someone injected with poison it sucks it out but on toilet would return last flush after a short itching powder in vernon pants so it work after get to certain temp then after so long so co workers think he has crabs.
ep chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
i love
Wiberg chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
I must say this is a really well written fan fiction! There is a few elements that I seem to have read elsewhere, but most of it is written in a slight different context. I'm NOT saying that its a rip off from another fic... just that it's not all that original.

On the other hand, I like the way you give a slightly more "realistic" view of this kind of story. Veela bond and then include Mione... THAT was a brilliant idea.

I really like the way you portrait the love even if it is a bit... um... much some of the time. We get an idea about ever aspect of this bond, from every one involved. It really is kind of touching :-)

I sometimes wish I knew what girls are thinking. Had two or three very bad experiences my self (fucking backstabbers!) the bond really is a beautiful idea. Made me cry a bit at one point.
Pointer3109 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Spell tape around the TV cable. Which you've probably already thought of. Set it to operate at 10 min before the hour.

Enjoyed it.