Reviews for Harry Potter and the Price of Being Noble
Matt chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Great job with this chapter. harry's "nobility" though possibly a touch overdrawn, seems to shift toward correction which I appreciate given the foolish drama that other writers include in the process of getting him over it. The twins' interest is also nicely handled and I look forward to seeing how you will resolve that along with the horcrux issue.

Thanks as always for your excellent efforts.

Kael Hyun chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
Why were they useing Portkey's when they could have used Ms. Figg's Floo?

I take what they mean is the mouth on the base like in the movie (It's the base that the mouth opens as it's carved to look like Salazar).

As for the Death of his father that I beleave took place at the end of Tom's 7th year didnt it?

It dose make sence that Myrtle was the murder for the Diary as his shade in the Diary is 16, the same age he was when Myrtle died! Riddel could have just kept his Horcrux up to date via wrighting in it, or useing it like a pensive and sticking the memory right into the Diary.
rdg2000 chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
I don't know what happened to my first reveiw, but lets try this again.

Suggest pranks on the Dursleys:

o - Freshly painted fence peeling

o - Car smelling bad or rusting out quickly, seal around doors falling apart

o - Dull razor always cuts them when shaving

o - Over powering aftershave etc. that only others notice

o - Or just the opposite - BO regardless of what they do Vernon and Petunia passing gas while in the company of others

o - Washer won't clean cloths, dryer won't dry

o - Local police patrol the area more often - trouble for Dudley

o - Food going bad in the fridge / cupboard

I look forward to your next chapter

crocket chapter 18 . 2/13/2010
great story. Obvious pranks include giveing them gas when have people around set up so if more than 3 chairs in use at dinner table it set prank of. mean prank a subtle triping hex on stairs. nasty prank a back flow medical charm on bog ubend explain it incase someone injected with poison it sucks it out but on toilet would return last flush after a short itching powder in vernon pants so it work after get to certain temp then after so long so co workers think he has crabs.
ep chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
i love
Wiberg chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
I must say this is a really well written fan fiction! There is a few elements that I seem to have read elsewhere, but most of it is written in a slight different context. I'm NOT saying that its a rip off from another fic... just that it's not all that original.

On the other hand, I like the way you give a slightly more "realistic" view of this kind of story. Veela bond and then include Mione... THAT was a brilliant idea.

I really like the way you portrait the love even if it is a bit... um... much some of the time. We get an idea about ever aspect of this bond, from every one involved. It really is kind of touching :-)

I sometimes wish I knew what girls are thinking. Had two or three very bad experiences my self (fucking backstabbers!) the bond really is a beautiful idea. Made me cry a bit at one point.
Pointer3109 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Spell tape around the TV cable. Which you've probably already thought of. Set it to operate at 10 min before the hour.

Enjoyed it.
riegert8 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Good chapter, I started to think that Dumbledore regret his action toward Harry but after this chapter I no longer think he regret his actions. The reason is that Dumbledore is thinking hiding things from Harry, Dumbledore is not so stupid to think that Voldemort be gone for decades.
badkidoh chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
another great chapter.
rebekahalana chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Hm , simple , unmagical pranks ... they could mix salt into the sugar bowl , that would go just lovely with tea ! We could rust the water pipes so the water turns orange & they need replaced . Misalign the airstem in the car tire so it leaks air & goes flat whiles Vernon's on the way to work . Have someone start a rhumor that a friend saw Vernon dancing around the kitchen in ladies red undergarments - Dr's suggested complete bed rest to recover XD .

Those kinds of thins ? .
damon blade chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
could always have some much wieght on the stairs and have one give out let his Uncle visite the place he kept on throwing Harry until someone comes and pulls him out.

anyway great chapter and I can so see Hermione Fleur and Gabby fighitng tooth and nail to make sure Harry isn't killed for any reason as just beacuse he has a chunk of the soul dosen't mean he can't use it some how like offering it up in a ritual or something for something miner in return like less sleep or undone any old scars on his body.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Rowling flat-out said that Myrtle was the death used for the diary horcrux.

Creating a horcrux does not have to occur at the time of the murder and there was very little time between when Myrtle got zapped and Hagrid got framed, anyway. In fact, between the book and the movie, we know it all happened in one day, June 13, 1943.

It's an entertaining story. Thanks for the update.
TheHard chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Come on! that wasn't that ingenious... why not charm the golf club's so every time he swings, it reduce his size? xD or, in the case of the car, maybe just not start at random times, only wen Vernon is at the pilot seat, so when any other try to make it work, the car is going to work perfectly :D

Nice chapter, thanks for sharing!
BioHazard82 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Another great chapter.
Akuma Ookami Rei chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
great chapter, and pranks for the Dursleys? how about every time Vernon goes out, a dog humps his leg, and whenever Dudley tries to intimidate someone, a bird craps on his head?, and how about the TV remote always running out of batteries overnight?, and whenever they set there VCR, it records cartoons?, anyway, that's all I have for now, until next time, THIS! IS! GHOSTLORD!
4,437 | « Prev Page 1 .. 238 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 258 .. Last Next »