Reviews for Harry Potter and the Price of Being Noble
Akuma Ookami Rei chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
great chapter, and pranks for the Dursleys? how about every time Vernon goes out, a dog humps his leg, and whenever Dudley tries to intimidate someone, a bird craps on his head?, and how about the TV remote always running out of batteries overnight?, and whenever they set there VCR, it records cartoons?, anyway, that's all I have for now, until next time, THIS! IS! GHOSTLORD!
RexMyno chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Can we have an encounter with a blue police box and jelly babies with a side order of exterminate
Teufel1987 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Well, personally I think that pranks are too mild considering what the Dursleys have done to Harry ... but that can happen after they make them suffer ...

I think they should destroy their reputation around the residents of Little Whinging ... at least in Privet Drive ... perhaps putting some incriminating items in Vernon's workplace?

Hey, Petunia likes things to be neat and clean ... so a spell (or three) discretely put around the house to attract a lot of dust? Especially in the rooms and kitchen ... perhaps they could also put in some maggots in the walls of the kitchen or some bacteria or fungi on the food it won't be noticeable at first, but with time, the microbes would grow ... possibly giving them all sorts of nasty illnesses ... there are some strains of fungi that can cause sterility ...

They could also put in a spell on the food (the ready made stuff) that makes it taste awful or induces vomiting ... that'll put Dudley and Vernon off food for sure!

later on, they could get their credit cards and possibly use some magic (polyjuice potion or similar) to clean them out! Or make some *ahem* questionable purchases ...
timber chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
frankly, i always found the whole horcrux scenario ignorant. i mean how do you tear something that has no form or mass? how do you split that which is untouchable? personally i think j was pathetic and trapped herself into that stupid plot. if you think about it logically you see how stupid it sounds. even if you could do it how many times could it happen until there was none left?

anyway, pranking? not my thing. i've stopped reading a lot of stories because they paid more attention to pranks than the story line. you don't want to know what i did to the last person who "pranked" me. it wasn't pretty!
hpnut1 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
I liked it!
Sithking Zero chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
In the movies, the head is far closer to the floor, so that could explain how they just "Walk right in."
SlickRCBD chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Why do I get the feeling that Harry & co will never see that journal because it is "too dark"? I got the feeling that Dumbledore was going to do the same thing to the stuff in the Chamber that he did in the Black Library at Grimwald Place. Censor it and remove anything "dark" or anything he might want for himself.

I am a bit cynical about what he removed in canon. There might have been info on horcruxes or ways to get around the traps that might have helped Harry, but Dumbledore didn't want him to know it yet.

Also, am I being overly paranoid about Dumbledore by thinking he's setting up blackmail material with the Dursleys by implicating him for muggle baiting should Harry decide to attend Beauxbatons next year? Then he can be declared a wanted criminal if he leaves, but if he attends Hogwarts under Dumbledore's control the charges can go away?
Celexs Draconia chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
I really enjoy this story. As for a prank idea i have one for the car, the vent on the front of the car by the windshield wipers, If you pour a bottle of Liquid Smoke down it it goes into and onto the engine and the smell doesnt leave ever, you usually have to buy a new car or engine for it at that point.

Reader of Harry Potter chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Bailey Matutine chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
My suggestion for a prank to play on the Dursleys would be to weaken the stairs so that Dudley falls into the cupboard when he goes stomping down them in the morning. This prank can be improved through the simple expedient of a sticking charm on the mattress in the cupboard, and a few touches to make it more obvious that a child had been living in there, so that they get reported to child services when the person they get in to do repairs comes and looks. Of course, Vernon might try and avoid that by doing the work himself, but if all of his measuring equipment keeps changing on him, nothing will fit right and he'll have a devil of a time fixing it himself. Also of great potential is to charm the wood on all of the steps to change color slightly every so often. They'd all continue to match, so it wouldn't get noticed until some of them were replaced... and suddenly were the wrong color a few days later. And if the numbers of all the repairmen in the phonebook except for one were changed to various emergency service numbers, not only would they annoy the local policemen, firemen, and emergency medical personnel, they would have to keep calling back the same repairman, who would soon come to the conclusion that they were nutters. What's more, if the same repairman truck kept showing up at the Dursley residence, well, what would the neighbors say about what might be going on there?

Really, my best advice for the pranks is to, instead of doing lots of small ones, stack them together to make one event cause endless trouble, as it's less noticeable as a caused thing and also more aggravating in the long run.
Tribernator chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
A list O' pranks. Im going for annoying little things, that keep happening and can drive you insane if it doesnt stop.

1) Creaky floorboards, and squeaky tiles. Everywhere.

2) Fingerprints that are wiped away then reappear. Preferably matching petunia, dudley, and vernon of course

3) Clothes that dont fit, and indeed, change in how they dont fit. As an example, my jeans tend to fit me fine in the morning, but halfway through the day I find I need a belt to keep them up. Do something similar here, only more varied. Sleeves are a bit too short. Pants too loose/too tight. Shirts that are tight across the middle, or buttons that refuse to line up properly. The same pair of pants that needed a belt one day, suddenly seem to shrink the next time they are worn and cant be buttoned.

4) Bug infestation that keeps coming back. Having to have an exterminators van in their driveway three times a month would be VERY embarrassing to the dursleys. Not too mention gross as hell for petunia to see roaches crawling on her kitchen floor.

5)Mail problems. They keep getting other people in the blocks mail, and theirs gets mixed in with others. Forcing them to go door to door either returning others stuff, or trying to find their own.

6) This one might be tricky, make the fridge give out during the night, just for a few hours. Long enough for the food to start to spoil faster. Then the fridge is working again when they wake back up. They wont know why their food is going bad so quickly and be forced to waste alot of cash replacing it, or on repairmen that cant find anything wrong.

Things like this would probably be best. The goal, at least to start, as far as I can tell is to annoy the dursleys and cause a little embarrassment from time to time as well. They cant be too overt, and they cant use the tried and true abuse of muggle artifact items like shrinking keys and such, as that would be too obvious to anyone who bothers to check. So stick with severe annoyance as multiple little things all happen constantly to drive them all crazy. Hell, the squeaky creaky floors alone would be enough to drive me up the wall if it was happening all the time.
Maltor chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
I think the whole 'walking through the open mouth' thing is a result of the movie, which did not have a full statue, but instead just his face carved on the wall.

I like the little complications to keep adding to this, like with the Twins noticing something more was going on with Harry and the girls. Can't wait to see what you have happening with the Dursleys.
lonewolfno1 chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Hm. A prank for the Dursley's with no signs of magic. Well, technically Harry's Parslemouth abilities aren't classified or tracked as magic. Makes me wonder how Petunie or Dudders might react should they return and find a few new house guests inside at our hero's request.

Aside from that, I'm loving this and looking forward to the next part.
Cateagle chapter 18 . 2/12/2010
Well, there's the possibility of intermittent shorts developing, magically, in various electrical and electronic devices; those are common enough that magic would not be suspected. By the same token, an aging charm applied to light bulbs would make them burn out faster and, perhaps, transfiguring the gas inside an incandescent light bulb to a turn to a suitable butane/air mixture after a certain time could be a right blast. Now, depending on Vernon's car, the old-fashioned muggle bit of mothballs in the gas tank is always good (the naptha raisese the octane rating, but burns rather hotter and wears the engine out). *wicked cackel* If they have air conditioning in either home or car, a bit of gum or goo pluging the drain under the condenser can cause all sorts of havoc in car or home.

Just because I've read about these methods and seen others used at college (back in "the day") doesn't mean that *I* would be the kind to do such a thing; well, not immediately, as the dish is better served cold.
CHEEKY-HERMONIE chapter 17 . 2/11/2010