Reviews for Harry Potter and the Price of Being Noble
RhysThornbery chapter 26 . 11/30/2017
Point of interest. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it. Spiders (such as an acromantula) don't have 'blood' per se, rather a multifunction fluid referred to as 'hemolymph'. You ever wonder what the nasty goo is that fill bugs? It's not just their guts, it's the hemolymph too.

Good chapter. Just figured you might wish to be aware for future reference.
jumpingninjo chapter 15 . 11/23/2017
really liking this story and im going to finish it but I want to read one where the girls fall in love with each other as well as Harry
Guest chapter 52 . 11/8/2017
Please, please tell me you are not done with this.
slytherinsal chapter 43 . 11/4/2017
Why can't Winky just go to Gabrielle?
slytherinsal chapter 40 . 11/4/2017
I wondered if something like that would happen.
slytherinsal chapter 36 . 11/4/2017
Nice take on Percy and avoiding the conflict of interests of canon
slytherinsal chapter 23 . 11/3/2017
hehe Gabrielle is a male Angel in French, kind of her not to call Harry on it, and a nice way of showing his French is rather basic
slytherinsal chapter 18 . 11/3/2017
As always, flawed logic
Bearmauls chapter 42 . 10/25/2017
That seems like a rather long and complicated portkey password. Not exactly quick to roll off the tongue in an emergency
Bearmauls chapter 41 . 10/25/2017
Their grandmother is a bitch. Her concerns do not give her the right to browbeat Hermione or anybody else like that. It's not even her home.
Bearmauls chapter 27 . 10/24/2017
The main issue I see with this chapter, is the assumption that Harry will die instantly if a rescue is attempted. Sure, when someone is actively pointing a wand at Harry, they could probably kill him near-instantly, but there's just Wormtail and babymort there. Babymort doesn't seem that handy with a wand, given that he was relying on Wormtail to stun Harry, rather than casting spells himself. Plus, during the ritual, Wormtail is focused on doing the correct steps, and even cuts his hand off! Certainly he's not ready with a spell on his lips to instantly kill Harry. And Babymort is either on the ground, or in the cauldron. There's a good minute or two of time when a competent rescuer could get the drop on both bad guys. Hell, Fleur was right there! Instead of cutting Harry's ropes, she could have spell blasted a distracted Wormtail and prevented Voldemort's entire resurrection.
Infernus est in animo chapter 52 . 10/24/2017
Now I wait. (because it's good enough to be worth waiting for)
Synky chapter 52 . 10/6/2017
Fantastic story so far, I’m sad to see it looks like it won’t be finished and I hope that sometime you might decide to continue it. I’ve really enjoyed your character development and plot so far just wish there was a conclusion. I’ve been deeply invested in this story up until this point. Keep up the good work and I’ll be reading some of your other stories.
Ziltoid chapter 52 . 10/4/2017
I usually avoid 'harem' stories- pairings involving more than two characters- but this one proves to be the exception to the rule. Harem stories generally turn out to be infantile and badly written wish-fulfilment products of a teenage mind, but this story was nothing like that. In fact, I dare say this was one of the better HP fics I've read up till now. Though I sometimes feel like there isn't much to distinguish the three female bondmates, especially in the case of Hermione and Fleur. Gabrielle is younger, seemingly more vulnerable and insecure, but the older two share quite a few traits. At times I thought it would've been better if they had more distinguishable differences in their characteristics. Luckily, later on in the story that seems to be going better, with Fleur being more knowledgeable when it comes to politics, and generally acting more mature, although Hermione definitely has her moments of frighten brilliance as well :P

I kinda wished that the locket had singled out Fleur or Hermione, before (or after) it directed its influence on Dumbledore. It would've been very interesting to see their deepest fears. (I wonder why can the locket only affect one person at a time, wouldn't it have been more effective if it tried to subjugate more people at once?)

Also, I'm glad that the Ron-bashing toned down as the story progressed. While he is obviously a flawed character, it is good to see him mature a bit, even if he remains... well, let's just say he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Or at least, he doesn't apply himself, with his unfortunate combination of sloth and envy.

I wish this story will continue one day. Hopefully the muse will stop battling against you!
Seraphim209 chapter 52 . 9/25/2017
Story is pretty good, but earlier chapters have a very "cardboard" Harry, and it feels like a railroad for most of the story. There's very few details in between lines of dialogue either, making earlier chapters feel especially hard to read. If you can get past all that tho, the story is pretty good, if a bit linear.
4,720 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »