Reviews for Harry Potter and the Price of Being Noble
Neale chapter 52 . 9/4
This was a very different, and to me wonderful version of the story.

Love the fact that you covered many points that I considered massive holes in the original story.

Hope that you you find it in yourself to finish this one day.

Thanks
naruhina fan no.930 chapter 9 . 8/21
This entire chapter is just smut isn't it?
JumpingToaster chapter 19 . 8/12
...again like the fic but the characters decisions perplexes me. They are responding to child abuse with pranks?
JumpingToaster chapter 9 . 8/12
Trying to minimize the chaos by pretending to be in a relationship with just one girl... It helps but not that much really...unless it is just stage 1 of a bigger plan.
Oh, and enjoying the fic so far.
Ender the multiverse Detective chapter 12 . 8/10
Very good
Karou WindStalker chapter 20 . 8/6
I do hope the muse for this story returns.
Please dont tell me this story is dead...
Ayeun chapter 52 . 7/30
Amazing story. Please update again soon.
Possible answer chapter 52 . 7/28
Here is a possible answer to your conundrum, what if moody saw his most feared thing? that would signify a boggart
Dethryl chapter 47 . 7/27
Albus is a moron. For all of his supposed regrets and determination to make things right with Harry, he just accused him of lying/exaggerating about Snape's behavior and attitude. It's simple enough to ascertain the truth with that pensieve of his, but he seems utterly uninterested. Given Snape's attitude in Order meetings, Albus should be less skeptical. This is supposed to be a good!DD fic, but I'm not buying it after this chapter.
Dethryl chapter 42 . 7/27
Your writing is solid, but unfortunately you've wandered into cliche territory ever since you finished the 4th year material. Shopping trips? Bikinis? The grizzled war vet who trains them all to be bad ass? Someone's hot single aunt that Sirius hooks up with? It's gotten bland, generic, and uninteresting. I've been skimming a lot of the past 5 chapters, and I am seriously questioning if I should keep going.
zainethedemonking chapter 52 . 7/24
Such an interesting story, real shame that it's been so long since an update.
Victoria of Gryffindor chapter 52 . 7/16
Please please update i really love this story
Even if it should turn out that Snape is not responsible for telling the prophecy and Petunia hating magic, which from Harry's point of view is not yet certain, he is definitely responsible for everything he did at Hogwarts. And Dumbledore is the one responsible for allowing Snape to do that, and also responsible for placing him with Petunia.
Even if we assume that Dumbledore has the best of intentions towards Harry or the wizarding world in general (and I'm not convinced he has), his actions speak for themselves, or in other words against him. So if he has good intentions, then his judgment is poor, and his suggestions should be considered of questionable wisdom unless backed by convincing reasoning. Appeals to Dumbledore's judgment should count against the suggestions, as his judgment was shown to be flawed. As he doesn't like to reveal the reasons for his suggestions, they should be discarded.

In the discussion with Dumbledore a few chapters ago I was disappointed with both Harry and Dumbledore. Alain tells Harry that it is better not to reveal to Dumbledore what he knows, and a few minutes later Harry does exactly that.
Then Dumbledore thinks he should regain some trust, but the discussion about Harry's summer at the Durlseys basically goes like this: "It is safer for Harry." "It is for Harry's benefit." "Actually it's for the Dursleys' benefit." If there was any trust left, at that point I would never again believe anything Dumbledore said. I can understand that Harry has been brainwashed to admire Dumbledore. I think that is exactly the reason he sent Hagrid to retrieve Harry and not someone qualified. But Alain or Fleur should be able to recognize it and point it out to Harry. As they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Ignoring Harry's personal feelings on this matter, it also means two weeks wasted instead of preparing for Voldemort.

Dumbledore also shouldn't hold three important positions of power, and not only because of the time requirements, although that is also a valid reason. Too much power in one person is dangerous, especially if it has been shown that his judgment is poor. But most importantly, there will arise conflicts of interest between these positions. In Dumbledore's case, he doesn't put priority on the interests of any of these positions.
His duty to the school is to protect and teach students. It is not a place to attract Dark Lords with a priceless artifact behind ridiculously easy protections. He should protect the students from danger and physical and mental abuse, by teachers or other students. Half the teachers are not qualified to teach.
Having Snape as potions teacher is probably one of the worst blows against the Greater Good. A whole generation is short on potions skills, and that means at least Potion Masters, Healers and Aurors. And the few that take a Potions NEWT are mostly Slytherins.

I also don't like how Rowling equates Slytherin with bad. It basically means the great Dumbledore has a quarter of the school dedicated to produce dark wizards. Although having Snape behave the way he does helps to accomplish that.
4,556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »