Reviews for Ten Above
fiesa chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
A very good story! I enjoyed it a lot.

The metaphors you used were impressing - the speeding rule, and the grey zone between legality and illegality, and the broken memories Peter has that nobody else can remember. It displays his character very well. Also, the tatoo parlor intermezzo was a very good example at how he fits in and yet does not fit in, does not want to tie himself to people or groups or even beliefs.

In my opinion you portrayed Peter amazingly - a shadow of a person, a con man that never wanted to be one but learned to be in order to get by. You draw the world in white and black and position him in the in-betweens and I am learning to love grey.

Thank you for sharing this.
randomleigh chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
GUH. Wonderful. This feels *right* for a Peter backstory, and I love the economy of language.
Skye of Autumn chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Brilliant story, you got Peter's character down. It's so... him. And I love your ideas on his thinking and him trying to work through his own memories. This story's awesome, please write more.

-Winter
wjobsessed chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Welcome to the Fringe fandom! We really need more guys writing here :)

This is very, very well-written and I love how you extend the 'Ten above' rule to how Peter operates with everything in his life pre-series.

My fav line:

"He knows he has intelligence. It just doesn't seem worth applying to anything in particular yet." Brilliant!
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
brilliant. a really good snapshot of peter before the series and even in the early days of it.
Viktorija chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
It was great!:)
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I love this characterization of Peter. This perfectly reflects my ideas about Peter too but adds so much more, like him trying to reconcile his memories with reality as it has been told to him. It is excellent, wonderfully thought out and written. I cannot even pick a favorite line. But the concept of ten above sums everything up perfectly. Great job!