Reviews for Trials
Jaggerwolf chapter 27 . 4/25/2014
Man what a great story! Even if the ending was a bit sad, it was still great. Every hero has one life they fail to save right? Pretty sure it will make Ria even stronger. I really enjoyed reading Untested and Trails so far. Keep up the good word. ;)
HappyDragon411 chapter 19 . 7/17/2012
Random thought of the day time!

I was about a third of the way down the page before I realized, 'Catwoman uses a whip...' I know that Vampier Killer might have looked out of place with Keisha's outfit, and the belt even more so, but as long as it didn't burn her, then it would have been available for Adriania to use. But by the same token, if you needed Ria to not have it, it would be a simple as getting Keisha out of the way.

But all said and done? Moot point. With everything else going on, they probably hadn't even thought of that, and there's always the chance the school would have not let them bring it in. Honestly, by the time I even thought of it, they were already at the dance. xD Go us?

Another wonderful and funny chapter. You keep amusing me with Alucard's and Isaac's sniping at each other and just general pissiness. It's beautiful, because Isaac's reactions come out of personal history and love, and Al's come from... personal history, and common sense, and not wanting humanity's only hope being hurt, and his general -himness-.

Did I mention how I love when he went into all business mode, way back when, after Ria found out who he was? Like, when he dropped his oily charms, and just got down to, well, business. x3 Because I did. Because that is how my Genya-card acts in all the 'Aria of Sorrow'/'Dawn of Sorrow' era-fics... Then again that's how he'd like in those games. Like Ria observed, 'All work, and no play...'

I'm sorry life has been rocky for you. I'm thrilled that this will have not just one, but two sequels after it. I'm sad to see that Ria can't catch a break, or win for losing. But, really? I think I adore that about this series. There's a good deal of the familiar, with just enough flair of the unexpected. Take for example Keisha's reaction to finding out about Ria's secret life. Freaking out had been a given. I honestly thought this was going the way of so many high-school dramas, and that it would be over. Then she turns around and admits she was avoiding Ria because, holy frack, the cultists had been following her, and what if they used her to get to Ria. It was a nice, pleasant surprise that you didn't take the easy way out.

So, as always, thank you for writing. :3 The world needs more of you in it.
HappyDragon411 chapter 12 . 7/17/2012
A pissing contest . . . between Isaac and Alucard.

...

*happy squeals* You remembered! Even if I fell out of the fandom, and haven't reviewed in years, you remembered! This, makes me happy beyond compare.

Ah, so. . . hello again. It's been a while, no? I reread Untested, and am slowly chewing my way through this (which I see is completed now. yay). As of meeting Uncle Jason, this has taken on a 'Supernatural' feel. (The T.V. show. All I could think was, 'And now she has her own Bobby.')

As always, this is fun and lovely to read, and I love the characterizations of everyone, and, well. . . Alucard is here this time around. :Heart, heart:

There are some things I can't quite call issues that I have with this story though. . . Nothing to totally snap my suspension of disbelief, but every now and then there's a push against it. (Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. Otherwise, we can talk via PMs, because I'm not going to break the illusion for others.)

I'm glad to hear you've been published. As I read through, I'll probably hear more about it. I wish you well, and hope that you've made a living of what you love doing. The world needs more brilliant writers who understand human interaction, and that it's the little things and details which can count the most to readers.

Like pissing contests. x3
Fan Of Games chapter 27 . 7/3/2012
This is...this is just...one of the most tragic endings to a story I've read, or a television show, movie, or even a video game. I was sort of expecting this, but at the same time I was thinking about how Keisha could somehow be revived to give the story the happy ending I expected, so in a way, I wasn't thinking that it would end like this even though I knew it was possible. Still, it's an ending to remember, and one that I'm sure will be embedded in the readers' memories of all your stories. It fits in perfectly with the events of the previous two chapters so well that it makes for a truly amazing conclusion in the end.

Now that this story has concluded, I am now ready to review it as a whole; spelling mistakes and grammer issues don't count, but everything else does:

Positives:
*Exceptional character development as the story progressed; their emotions, interactions with each other, and conflicts were well thought out over the course of the story.
*Usage of Galamoth as the main antagonist was quite crafty since it was nice to see a boss with no main ties to the overall history/story of Castlevania as a whole (other than Castlevania: Judgment) incorperated as the main antagonist.
*Plot twists were very surprising and rather unexpected as they were delivered during crucial moments within the story; although a few of them seemed to be kind of expected at times, but this doesn't do anything to change the final score.
*Prologue was sort of average at best, but the rest of the story and the epilogue make up for that by being exceptionally fantastic.
*The epilogue itself is so tragic that it clearly has the capability to remain imprinted on the minds of the readers (yeah, I know I'm saying this a second time, but the epilogue was just that good, even though it was tragic).
*The overall plot of the story did a very nice job sticking to the Adventure genre because there was some adventure and action in it along with the aspects of the Supernatural genre.

Neutrals:
*While on the subject of genres, the Humor genre does feel slightly out of place in the description/summery of the story, but this is acceptable because there are some moments of humor that make up for this.

Negatives:
*N/A

Final Score: 10/10

Final Word:
Trials is exceptional. It's one of those few gems that are completely polished and cleaned to create one of the most beautiful diamonds ever to be conceived by the hands of a professional who truly knows what he or she is doing. The story is so well written that it deserves to be published as bestseller, and I would certainly endorse it after reading it-or upon purchase, if it's published some time after I've already read it on this website (though I've read every single chapter already-either way, I'd still endorse it). Petricia de Lioncourt has truly succeeded in penning what may be one of the greatest sequels to one of the greatest fanfics ever. Petricia de Lioncourt deserves all the credit where it is due for for writting such an amazing, fantastic story. I'm definitely looking forward to reading and reviewing Tribulations; after reading two exceptional stories by Petricia de Lioncourt, I'm positive the next story in the series will be equally exceptional as the first two.

Oh, and before I forget, I just have a few predictions about who the antagonist(s) of Tribulations will be; I may be wrong about this, but since the summery mentioned the timeline, I'm guessing that Tribulations will heavily involve time-traveling, I think the antagonist(s): will be:
a) Zephyr (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)
b) The Chronomage (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)
c) The Time Reaper (Castlevania: Judgment)

I'm looking forward to reading Tribulations. Keep up the good work and good luck!
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 27 . 6/30/2012
Okay, a.) Perfect intro quote.

b.) Excellent ending-I love bittersweet, and this was so bittersweet I could taste it on my tongue. I'm glad Stone reacted the way he did, and that Ria upheld her dislike of Darren, and also that she had a chance to say farewell to Alucard. Oh, and I don't think I have to tell much I'm so f-in' happy to have read that Ria/Isaac scene-like serious squee at the dialogue you gave them during that scene.

c.) Great author's musings! I look forward to the sequel, and as I said before, that theme completely works. I think it's good that, when you finish a story, you can see how everything kind of came down to this one uniting element.

Well done!
Halfsan chapter 27 . 6/29/2012
OH...MY GOD... It's so sad to see this story end on such a depressing note, I actually really liked Keisha as a character. Oh but now that Ria has finally sucked up to her feelings and admitted she loves Isaac, that just makes my heart melt. Hooray! I eagerly await the next story, especially since the summary makes me yearn for the appearance or even mention of a certain person(that I kind of hoped would make an appearance or mention in THIS story), oh but anyway, good job as always, keep up the fantastic work! You are amazing!
Fan Of Games chapter 26 . 6/22/2012
Ah, Galamoth has finally been defeated! I must say, that was a pretty epic battle against him in the story; in fact, I'd say it tops the battle against Walter in Untested. I do hope Keisha gets revived if she died, or if she's alive then I hope she's okay. Great job on creating a truly awesome chapter!

Oh, and in regards to the next story, Tribulations, are you going to let the readers know who the main antagonist of that story is, or at least provide us with some kind of clues so we can figure out who it is on our own? I don't mean to ask for spoilers or ruin the story by asking this; if you don't want to name the antagonist and keep him/her/it a secret for the purpose of keeping the matter a surprise for us, then you may since it's your story.

Before I forget, as for the idea I gave you, I think you could include some other demons in as members of Paranoia's circus to help him with his plans. Most of them are standard enemies who appear in three Castlevania games: Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia, so I also decided to point which of the three they each appear in. The only exceptions are the Puppet Master from Dawn of Sorrow and Wallman and Blackmore from Order of Ecclesia; these three are bosses, so they might make up a sort of higher rank in the circus, though they'll still be supporting antagonists who assist Paranoia since he's the main antagonist. You don't have to include all the demons on the list, but at least some of them might do. Anyway, here's the list of demons that could appear in Paranoia's circus:

a) Killer Clown (Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin)

b) Coppelia (Portrait of Ruin)

c) Slaughterer (Dawn of Sorrow)

d) Skelerang (Dawn of Sorrow)

f) Skeleton Ape (Dawn of Sorrow)

g) Yorick (Dawn of Sorrow)

h) Killer Doll (Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin)

i) Fleaman and Ripper (Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia)

j) Ukoback (Dawn of Sorrow)

k) Puppet Master (Dawn of Sorrow and maybe Portrait of Ruin)

l) Werebat (Order of Ecclesia)

m) Lady Cat (Order of Ecclesia)

n) Wallman (Order of Ecclesia)

o) Blackmore (Order of Ecclesia)

I'm looking forward to reading the epilogue for Trials and the next story, Tribulations; keep up the good work.
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 26 . 6/20/2012
Awww, so sad :( Very touching chapter; seriously, the way you wrote the beginning of this chapter definitely served its purpose. And you did a great job with the action scene. Hee, the description of the demon...yeah, I caught that ;) I can't wait to see how this story concludes!
DezoPenguin chapter 26 . 6/20/2012
Whew! I did NOT see that coming...indeed, I'm still a little stunned now, a few minutes after reading the chapter. The first few paragraphs, as Ria comes to terms with the sudden shock of Keisha's death, are pretty powerful, and I like the transition from stunned reaction to shaking it off for the fight, and once the immediacy of the fight wears off the emotional impact starting to hit her.

The scene with Isaac diving to save Keisha's body was dramatic, too; my heart was (proverbially) in my throat there as I could just imagine him losing his grip and being sucked down too, and Ria's reaction to him being consumed that way while trying to fulfill her quixotic request. Glad that didn't happen! The action scene was otherwise functional; you're not alone in hating to write them-I have the same problem myself (indeed, the guy whom I consider the best writer among action scenes among the fanfiction I read, finds them really hard work to write as well), but it did the job, maintaining tension, and Ria's final move to slay the demon was pretty cool (it kind of made me think of the boss-killing cinematic QTEs in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, actually).

Looking forward to the epilogue. This being a supernatural series, I haven't quite lost hope for Keisha yet, but on the other hand, it's also a supernatural *horror* series, and as various characters throughout Castlevania history have found, death and loss are constant companions when one walks in darkness (okay, they're also a basic function of being a mortal human being in a world of mortal human beings, but you know what I mean). Any way you look at it, though, it's been a long and dramatic journey, and I'm glad you're bringing this cast and setting back for another go-round.
DezoPenguin chapter 25 . 6/15/2012
Ack! Cliffhanger! I see Galamoth is as big, and as electric, as ever. Hope Alucard brought enough Topaz Circlets for all! ;)

(Still not quite sure how Galamoth's connection to the worship of Anubis and Osiris works out, given he's basically the functional opposite of the ethos of those deities...on the other hand, it's not like either one has had much of a religious presence since Christianity started seriously spreading, so I'm not surprised that some entity could come along and usurp the faith of the remaining holdouts when it started truly answering their prayers. Heck, if one wanted to get really ridiculous, one might even suggest that the said usurpation by Galamoth would be the reason why the Catholic Church started associating otherwise beneficent pagan underworld deities with the Devil, since in this universe there would be a genuine demonic force in place! But I babble way beyond the scope of this fic...)

Love Ria sassing off at Galamoth (too bad she doesn't play Disgaea or she'd likely start calling him Mid-Boss!) and everyone being irked by Alucard being casually good at everything. Here's hoping there's a way back from Keisha's seeming disaster!
Fan Of Games chapter 25 . 6/11/2012
And so another excellent chapter of Trials comes to a conclusion! I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next two updates, as well as this story's sequel, Tribulations. In fact, speaking of Tribulations, do you think you could provide a short summery on what that story will be about in the author's notes of the next chapter?

As for the poll you also mentioned at the bottom of this chapter in the author's notes, I can't take part in it because the only stories by you that I read are Castlevania stories, so I feel that if I were to vote I'd be asking for stories that I don't even know or read to be taken down. No offense intended.

I'm also glad you like my idea. I'll look forward to it if you decide to do it. The idea was partly inspired by an arc of the Kuroshitsuji (known as Black Butler in English) manga in which the two main characters go undercover in a circus to find missing children, with the members of the circus and their benefactor being prime suspects in the cases of the missing children. So far I'm trying to think if anything else had inspired it, so if I happen to think of something, I'll mention it, but for right now it looks as if that one arc from the Kuroshitsuji manga was the only thing that partly inspired me.

I'm looking forward to the next two updates for this story; keep up the good work.
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 25 . 6/6/2012
O.O - T.T OMG! That chapter ending! Fantastically written chapter-the action moved very smoothly, and the journey to Keisha was painfully paced (a good thing). Loved the description for Galamoth.

Oh, and Darren was smacked on the back of the head, which I always consider a plus.

Can't wait to read these last few updates!
Fan Of Games chapter 24 . 5/17/2012
Wow, this story is almost over. It's come quite a long way, and it deserves the praise it gets because the chapters are seriously worth giving a read. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the climatic battle between Ria and Galmoth.

I also have an idea for you-a suggestion for another Castlevania story about Ria, Isaac, and Sara, and you can also include all the other protaganists who appeared in this story and it's predecessor, Untested.

But before I get to it, I just have a question for you in regards to this chapter's title. Was the title of this chapter inspired by the movie, 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy'? This chapter's title does remind me of the title of that movie, so I thought you might've wanted to make a similar name for this chapter.

And now on to some details of my idea/suggestion:

1) It takes place a year after Trials.

2) A recently discovered jewel is being unveiled in the museum where Sophy works.

3) The main antagonist of the story will be Paranoia, a boss from Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. He steals the jewel and goes to steal other jewels throughout Europe that look like it.

4) The jewels Paranoia steals are the power source for a mirror that will enable him to travel through time and different dimensions.

5) Paranoia kidnaps children and brainwashes them before training them to become a part of a demon carnival, of which he is the ringmaster.

6) Paranoia moves his carnival throughout different dimensions, so it'll be difficult for her to find him.

7) Ria has to find the mirror Paranoia embedded the jewels in so she can track him down and find the dimension his carnival is in so she can save the children, defeat Paranoia, and return the jewels to where they belong.

So what do you think about this idea?

I actually did a Castlevania-Cthulhu Mythos crossover story entitled 'The Horror in the Carnival', involving a vampire attired in the same red coat and mask Paranoia wears while taking place in a carnival, but it wasn't Paranoia (even though the vampire said something about entering mirrors, which means that Paranoia might be a vampire); it was just a vampire with no ties to Paranoia at all, save for the same outfit. My story also takes place in a carnival, but while this suggestion does take place in a carnival too, I'm actually looking to see if you can craft a story as part of the Untested/Trials series to make a trilogy.

I hope you like this idea.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter of Trials; keep up the good work.
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 24 . 5/1/2012
Great chapter! I love how all of the other characters are refusing to listen to Darren's issues. "Just do it, Darren" t-shirts to be given out after the show, folks. Heehee. Oh, and you know what else I love? The vomit. Seriously, have you ever noticed that in books, certain characters aren't aloud to be sick, have an actual human reaction to something evil? Anyhow...I just think it's a nice touch. Lots of vomiting in this story. There was some heartening dialogue in this chapter. I can't wait to see how everything turns out ;)
DezoPenguin chapter 24 . 5/1/2012
Not much to say this time out, as the chapter is the planning session where little action is happening and no "wow" moments (from the reader's perspective-obviously the characters were quite interested in the revelation of Galamoth's location). Snappy dialogue (especially everyone giving Darren grief) keeps things moving along. Memo to Darren and Sophy (though Sophy's no doubt more concerned with Ria's safety than the museum): archaeological treasures that radiate a miasma of evil that make people (literally) sick should not be kept in museums!

As for Death...yeah, that was what a friend of mine would refer to as "totally a dick move." _-