Reviews for Trials
Sailor Pandabear chapter 21 . 12/3/2011
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 21 . 11/30/2011
Supernatural references always make an appearance :D "The jig is up." LMAO at Ria. Nice. Great chapter. I loved the interactions, and the mention of Isaac's "business"-how useful, and so much better than pirating movies ;)
Mirai Reiko chapter 20 . 11/6/2011
I really loved this chapter; things are starting to get ugly for Ria with the throne and all. LOL. It was funny, highly entertaining and I can't help but adore Ria even more with each chapter. Gotta love rebellious, snarky teenagers. XD

Anyway, this had to be my favorite part:

"Well, it's kind of heart-wrenching to find out that your uncle—an uncle you've only connected with recently—is a member of the same cult that's been trying to kill you!" Ria all but snarled back.

Isaac looked like Christmas had come early. However, Alucard only shook his head.

Gotta love Isaac and his spitefulness. LOL. As always, keep up the great work. Oh, and congratulations on your new job, too. :D
Fan Of Games chapter 20 . 11/4/2011
Another great chapter added to Trials! I can't wait for the next chapter!

I also congratulate you on getting a job, and I wish you luck in finding a good place to live- as well as coming in first place of both that fall contest/writing group you're participating in, and NaNoWriMo (if my memory serves, that's also a kind of writing contest that you talked about in the past) with that idea for an original novel.

As to the title of this chapter, I thought that the title was sort of a referance to 'Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean', a song by a band called Nightwish. It's a great song, and I recommend that you take a listen to it when you have some free time.

In regards to Wishlist 2011 and 50 States of SPN, I'd like to enquire if you'll be uploading the fanfics you write for these two challenges on this site. If they're not going to be on this site, where will they be located?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter; keep up the good work.
DezoPenguin chapter 20 . 10/29/2011
LOL! "When the hell are people going to learn that the vampire hunter kind of needs to know this stuff!" Ria tells it like it is!

So the mystery of Jason's past is semi-explained. So unless he's backsliding, it would appear that Darren has the bony finger of guilt pointed directly at him as the sneaky cult member. Unless he's just obnoxious all on his own (hey, not every manipulative jerk snooping around for supernatural power/information has to have someone bigger pulling his strings!)...

Alucard was fun-nice to see him giving advice (and he would know Isaac pretty well, too, since his first timeline appearance was Castlevania III, the immediate precursor to Curse of Darkness, so he'd have been right there during all that); it's interesting that most of the time, even though he's a good guy, he's usually been part of an antagonistic relationship with Ria on a personal level.

(Smart girl, by the way-when you're dating the resurrected spirit of a probably-formerly evil devil forger from hundreds of years ago, trust your boyfriend, but keep the blood bond in place. _- )

Meanwhile, the ghost feels something terrible, the Throne of Dracula is bleeding, and Isaac's got a plan! Ria's relief comes through almost tangibly in the last line (finally, enough with the "figuring out what the heck is going on" and just point me at what I'm supposed to hit!).
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 20 . 10/28/2011
I can't wait for the Wishlist/States/NaNo crazy that's about to hit us at full force-anyhow, back to the story. Great chapter! Baha-and you made a Harry Potter joke, nice ;) I like the protective vibe you gave Alucard, and that Jason got his chance to talk. Good stuff all around-of course, the cherry on top was the throne bit. *My gore lovin' self is showing* Can't wait for more!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 20 . 10/25/2011
Eldritch-Cien chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
asdlfkjasd;lgiaehrba ohhhh this was a good chapter. The moment between Al and Ria has me a bit confused, but I thought it was cute. Like he was being a concerned dad. :3 and good on Jason and Ria for being okay again. Now that they're able to plan for that little...err...disaster... (ewwww...bleeding throne and upchuck everywhere), I'm stupid excited for your next chapter. :D 3 I'll be waiting (and good job again!)
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 19 . 10/19/2011
Yay! Info-cliffy! Halloween party! And just at the right time of year, too... Loved the costumes, and the description of the school dance. OH, and the big reveal-y moments were great but they were totally forgotten for the sweet R/I moment ;)
Darkfairy102 chapter 19 . 10/15/2011
I knew there was something freaky about him! I knew it! Great chapter :3 I was shocked when her uncle turned out to be a cult member.

DezoPenguin chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
So, as the ongoing question of whether Darren or Jason or both is really Some Mad Cultist In Disguise heats up...the obnoxious history teacher slides in with a secret of his own...though I must admit his characterization matches well with the aggravation I would feel playing Symphony when he wouldn't buy back anything but gems! _-

As an aside, I'd like to take the time to say that Isaac was a good choice for a love interest for Ria in this series. Having only the one appearance it just doesn't have the eye-rolling effect of the vast majority of canon/OC pairings (i.e. it's not messing with continuity) and the fact that he was explicitly subject to Dracula's curse in CoD offers the possibility of redemption.
Fan Of Games chapter 19 . 10/9/2011
Wow, I never figured Mr. Hamm to be such an important character- and the Master Librarian of Castlevania, no doubt (even though I never heard of the Master Librarian)! That's quite an unexpected plot twist! Great job! This story just keeps getting better and better!

Since Mr. Hamm is the Master Librarian, I predict he'll converse with Ria (again) about stopping Galamoth- at the expense of Isaac paying more money for that information, so I suggest you include that.

I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter; keep up the good work.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 19 . 10/8/2011
Darkfairy102 chapter 18 . 10/1/2011
I can't guess, but I love this story! :D I will DEFINITELY read the original one :3 Keep up the good work!

DezoPenguin chapter 18 . 9/25/2011
Wow, that chapter followed quickly on the heels of the last one-I delayed a bit posting a review and there you were with a fresh one!

Galamoth's interaction with the cultists reminded me of a point I was wondering about earlier: I'm still interested in the backstory of the various Egyptian cults and the way that they have taken a course so different from the ethos of their original natures. The "pure and tainted" phrase reminds me of Lament and how Sara was described in making the Vampire is that the soul they mean? Is it Ria (and in that case, what would the "tainted" part be-her bond with Isaac?)?

It's nice to see that Ria's friendship with Keisha is back together again...yes, nothing like rescuing a pal from a stalker to smooth over those little problems! And they've got a bit of physical evidence...and why does it look like there's going to be something seriously exciting going down at the dance?
158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »