Reviews for Defying Gravity
gsr4ever chapter 2 . 10/2/2009
I liked this a lot. Good job
seachanges chapter 2 . 10/2/2009
Thanks for this story. Great writing. Loved the serious nature of Tony's thoughts, feelings & reactions throughout the episode. You have all the characters & their interactions spot on. The episode & your writing have thrown up many things to ponder for the future of the team (haven't seen Reunion yet).
wildpeace chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Right! *rubs hands together* Where to begin? ;)

First off, I thought this was a very fitting second half to your lovely story. I adore Tony in this, and the way his mind works, and I thought the editing definitely paid off - the flow was much better this way :)

There were a couple lines that made me laugh out loud given the conversations we have had, and I think this was my favourite:

“And you,” she half-yells at Gibbs, her hands flailing madly, “You have glasses!” Gibbs blinks, but she’s not done. “You have glasses, and bad eyesight, and it’s been years since you were a Corps sniper..."

Because word, Abby, word. And thank you for not including the slow!claps.

I loved your very subtle reference to Ziva being *not* continuously beaten, and your reasons for that. You know I agree with you 100%.

I just thought this piece had such a lovely tone of melancholy, and desperation, and then the moment where everything changed for Tony, when he saw her face again, was just as impactful as on the show - if not more in this story because I really felt like he *didn't* know, and he really *had* given up on everything and been walking around in a haze. Loved the idea of Gibbs being proud when he finally snapped. Because if Gibbs understands anything, it's vengeance for someone you *cough*love*cough*.

Angry!Abby was great, and helpful!Palmer. I love when they show Palmer as actually being an asset to the team, because come on, this is going to be one *smart* guy. He's training to be a doctor for crying out loud! Or an ME, that's never quite been made clear to me. But he's bright! And lovely! And surprisingly, has the best body of any of the men on the show - who knew?

That's enough review from me for now, because this is going to be super long. I just wanted to say good job, and well done, and now I'm going to go read the koala story :) Ciao!
sbz chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Yes, I noticed the writer fail of three months. Assuming that events of the show happened "real time" - ie, an episode that aired in late May, like Aliyah, took place in late May, and the premiere in late September - then the gap between was pretty much exactly four months.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed this. I wondered at your rationale behind Gibbs telling everyone that he didn't kill Ari. It's been their big secret for 4 four years and even though he's doubting the reason behind it at this point I don't quite buy him telling them. He plays it close to the vest and... I don't know. I always thought he didn't believe she was really dead and I guess I can't see him blurting that out when there's still the chance of her coming back and getting her side of the story.

Very enjoyable. I felt it rounded out things quite well despite my intermmittent dislike of Tony.
Azamiko chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
*thumbs up* Very good. To be fair, they probably WOULD applaud in those circumstances. I liked that Vance started it.
dalai chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Absolutely brilliant. just the kind of thing i love to read. you can feel the emotion without sinking into cliches and schmultziness(which, i don't know about you, is why i didnt care for the applause bit).

also, i really liked that bit with vance. glad to see someone else out there doesn't hate him. i don't know if i like the character, but you gotta respect him.

best season opener i've read.
mia58 chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
"yappy Chihuahu...with ADHD...on acid" LMAO "It's Make Abby Crazy Week". You know your Abby down to her core. Her voice is perfect.

I also thought Gibbs was neither surprised nor upset at Tony's defiance. I'm still not sure, though, why he delivered the news of Ziva's death in such a detached and unaffected manner.

Yes, the rules of the game have change. We will have to wait and see just how much.

You continue to keep the bar raised and always reach its heights. Great reading.
ZivaFan chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Very nice. I like this a lot
Lesalanna chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
I loved the way you managed this, lyrical and poetic...

My one 'outside' comment deals with your thought about the applause when they got back to NCIS- it was necessary.

The applause didn't take away from Abby's hug of Ziva at all. It was in direct correlation as to what would have NOT happened if Ziva had been rescued by Mossad. The applause was for the boys, for getting Ziva, but it was more for Ziva, for her being alive and coming home. Mossad wouldn't have stood up and applauded her, welcoming her home, they would've just shuffled her off to a doctor and been 'Next!'. The applause stands, in addition to everything else, for how Ziva belongs there...just as Abby is showing her more affection than anyone in Mossad ever would, so is everyone else, in the way that they can.
You-won't-see-an-iguana-here chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Wow. amazing. And yes, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers... awesome movie! amazing. i love it all fantastic job! I cried.
You-won't-see-an-iguana-here chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow. what an amazing story. fantastic job. That is Tony too. As Ziva said, tony's a slow healer. Amazing. i love it!
Rose DiVerona chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
I am really trying to figure out how just one paragraph of your writing can make me hold my breath and move to the edge of my seat.

It is so absolutely amazing. Love it ten million times over. The raw emotion is so great, and I love how you cover everything with a tone that is both anti-poetic and poetic at the same time. Does that make sense? Probably not. :)

Well, I really do enjoy reading this!
No Illusions chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
oh. my. god. that was so good! that was... wow. there's not much more to say :) thanks so much for writing it!
Gemcity08 chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
I loved it. I think "Somehow, without him even noticing, Saleem has become his Ari" was my a-ha! moment. Great job, as always :)
M E Wofford chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
I did enjoy it very much.

Good take on it all!