Reviews for Defying Gravity
USAFChief chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Your words weave a brilliant tapestry of longing, hate, despair, vengeance and renewal. As always you got the dialog among the characters right on the money. You filled in the gaps just as you wanted.

You're ability to string words together and make us feel what they feel is amazing and wonderful. This is your best work. Keep it up!

"You'll keep, Dr. Mallard." What a smile you brought to my face!

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Weirdworksforme chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Holy. Freaking. Cow. I have no words to describe how amazing that chapter was. Seriously. Your mad writimg skills put me to shame. I feel stupid for even trying to write a review. Easily one of the best ToC tag stories out there.
Capt.Cow chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Need the rest! Need it now! Please, seriously! AM DYING. Awesome, awesome fic! Loved it! You covered everything that they tried to gloss in the ep, now can't wait for the second half!
anatolealice chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Wow. Just, wow. That was 't wait for the next part.
Rachael chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
lol, I thought I was the only one who heard the koala line ;)

Want more. Please
Gemcity08 chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Awesome, wonderful, perfect. I wish they would have explored Tony's pain a bit more during the first months that Ziva was gone/when he found out she died. But, if I had all of my wishes, the premiere probably would have been hours long. Great job, can't wait for part two :)
sbz chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I could have sworn I have you on Author Alert. Perhaps they're on the fritz again... or I didn't actually make the alert. Must look into that.

Anyway, I liked this. More anxious for the second part though because this was Tony and ugh, sometimes I just don't like him, regardless of the episode, fic, author, etc. But this was good, I liked how you filled in the gaps and showed them moving on, as people do.

Very interested to see what you're going to do with the whole koala on the sub thing. And, of course, what you fill in once they're in Somalia.
mia58 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Have I said this before? I tried to consider what it is about your writing that makes it enjoyable for me to read. It's har to put into words (obviously I'm not a writer).The adjectives and descriptive phrases you use are musical - rhythmical, lyrical, flowing - yet not too elaborate to have to spend time figuring out the meaning. And of course, the content.

Loved the passage of time, Tony hovering between being incapacitated by liquor and sober enough to do his job and feel the anger fueled pain, the attempt at self medicating with meaningless sex and the realization he's grown out of that mode, the comparison to the "bad breakup" with Jeanne, trying to consciously transform into Gibbs then choosing not to, calling Gibbs on his apparent unsympathetic behavior, and his honesty in realizing no one person is solely to blame.

I rarely, if ever, do this but I feel a need to comment on another review. I agree that when the writers try to make Ziva more "human" they fail miserably, like they did in Recoil. She comes off so far out of character. I strongly disagree, however, that she repeatedly lied. When she confronts Eli he makes it clear she was not told about Rivkin's mission because he did not trust her. So when Gibbs asks her to identify him, she does, but does not elaborate about her personal relationship because it was none of their business and at this point she doesn't know anything else. She does lie about following a lead when she meets with him the first time, and in the elevator when she says he wasn't in DC. By my count that's two lies, hardly what I would call repeatedly.

We still don't know if the emails are real or planted (why would she be stupid enough to use her work email to implicate herself?), if she was ordered to kill Ari or it's misinformation (NCIS is such a minor player and they rarely cross paths with Mossad, so why would Eli want her to gain their trust?). Too many unanswered questions still. I'll reserve judgement about her "betrayal" until we know more. Let me know what you think.
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Wow i really enjoyed reading this and totally can't wait to read the next bit, great job :D
jules03 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Aww, great characterization! Can't wait to see the next chapter!
TheSongThatNeverEnds chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Tigerlily, you are utterly brilliant! This is just another sensational story tacked on to a linage of literary greatness! (Hope that wasn't too over the top, but since I find myself holding my breath while reading you stories, I'll stand by the claim.) I can't wait for the next part! I thought the episode was devastating for a number of reasons (you know when people pick up trees after a storm and feed them into a wood-chipper? Yeah, that was pretty much Ziva at the end of that ep.) and you story just deepens it to 20 leagues. Fantastic! I believe applause are in order! (Though I found the fact that everyone clapped at Ziva's rescue to be EXTREMELY irritating.)

On the edge of my swivle chair as always,

Pegasus
gsr4ever chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Interesting fic so far. Good job
KindleLyn chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Great job! I really enjoyed reading this, and can't wait for Part II! You create some really powerful images that capture Tony's mood SO well. Again, awesome job and thanks for sharing!
Rigil Kent chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Very well done. I've been kind of avoiding post-ToC tags because I've expected most of them to be as unrealistically happy & fluffy as most of the post-Aliyah fics, but I made an exception for you since I know we share opinions about season 6.

I really like your Tony voice here, especially with the anger that would HAVE to be simmering underneath the surface with Ziva's betrayal (yeah, I said betrayal: she repeatedly lied to him and the team about Rivkin, and then spazzed out when Tony did his job ... EXACTLY like she did in "Recoil.") The way you sprinkled in movie references was really cool.

And I HAD to laugh with the question about how Eli David still had a job. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders about that.
Rose DiVerona chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
WOW. Love this! So powerful and well-written and thought-provoking. And emotional. :) Can't wait for more.
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »