Reviews for Light My Way
seven days later chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I love that you've chosen this moment to write about - I just watched this episode for the first time earlier today and Eric's breakdown and Godric's serenity nearly made me cry. (Not as though that's difficult though: Mufasa's death gets me every time... :P)

I think that the writing is a tiny bit stilted at the beginning, as though you know what you're trying to say but you can't quite get it out. However, when you seem to let go and just talk about what it all means to Eric, and not about the description of it all, it flows much more nicely, like when you say:

"The command was resolute; his intent was never clearer." This was my favourite sentense: you say what you mean and it's impossible to take it the wrong way. In my opinion, you can never be too simple when talking about the kind of raw emotion that's in this story.

I don't know how much you've written since this, because I notice that it was a fair few years ago now, but you have a real talent for conveying the actual connection between Godric and Edric, even if you're overdoing the description a tiny bit. Overall though, I'm really glad you shared this with us. :D

-Seven x
Dreaming Maya chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
The words are thick with angst. That was my first thought, the second one was, Godric's death was so BAMF ...
Nelarun chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
This was beautiful. I thought it was an excellent portrayal of what was going through Eric's mind. In particular I loved the line about Godric's "...tender fingers digging into his locks and leaving ghostly trails on his neck affectionately, wordlessly telling him that this was his choice..." I thought that was simply beautiful. Thanks for this!

Nela
LunaTaichou chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This was oh so painful to read. I could physically feel pain in my gut(xD) and the ending-line was not off at all. The fic was perfect 3 You write this moment so well. Just beautiful 3
Yvz chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
This was absolutely one of the best fics I've read about eric and godric's death :D Although, the ending was a bit confusing..
Marianne H. Stillie chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Excellent first attempt. You've captured the emotions of that moment in time beautifully.