Reviews for Scar tissue
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 6 . 6/25/2009
(Overall Review) First of all, I adored “Chikoenvy,” and it remains one of my favorite stories. Naturally, I had high hopes for this sequel. Interestingly enough, you managed to take elements from the prequel and take them to much more mature heights. This sequel is almost nothing like its original, and almost stands alone by itself (minus a few ties to “Chikoenvy”).

I was surprised at how much darker this sequel was, compared to its prequel’s roots. True, this is not the first story I’ve read regarding Ash being an illegitimate child. However, this IS one of the better fics I’ve read under that formula. The raw emotion in this story is superb, especially in the first couple of chapters. I genuinely felt for Ash and the way you wrote the particular scenes of self-mutilation kept me on the edge of my seat. The mature levels you took Ash and Misty’s relationship were also superb, and I’m always drawn to the scene where Ash declines when Misty “offers” herself to him to prove a point. Very thoughtful, very in character, and very beautiful. The “family” elements between Ash and Delia were terrific, too. Plus, I have to admit I found the Gary/Sabrina relationship was a surprising treat for an unusual pairing.

I’ll admit; I COULD see the influence Llyxius’ “Circumstances of One’s Birth” had on this story. However, you wrote the story well enough to differentiate it from that fic. Come the ending, it’s clear this story stands alone. Actually, my only gripe with this story concerns the occasional POV commentaries characters make. I know “Chikoenvy” used the same style, but for some reason, this installment’s POVs irked me. I think it was because the speakers change so many times; not one or two set characters say the POVs, and I found it hard to tell who was talking sometimes. Upon re-reading the scene, I definitely identified the character, but it occasionally got head-scratching the first time through. It’s a shame, because the said scenes are well written, but forcing the reader to constantly wonder deters from the beauty of this fic. Perhaps make the speaker’s identity more obvious in the beginning of the POV, or make ALL the POVs from the same person (though that would probably prevent us from unearthing more than one person’s inner thoughts, wouldn’t it?).

Regardless of my issues, this IS a great story, and certainly a surprising treat for a fellow “Chikoenvy” fan like me. I’m an avid lover of dark stories under this caliber, and glad to see a talented author like you was behind it. Well done!
Ambezua chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
Wonderful... Pure brilliance! If I could write like you, I would consider myself blessed.

The only issues I had were a few typos, and a bit of confusion as you changed POV. Other than that, it was a masterpiece. Easily 9/10, GREAT JOB!
Melchior the Mewthree chapter 6 . 12/23/2003
Back again! I'm really running out of stuff to say...
Odin: Just tell 'im "it was good! write more!"
I'LL HANG MYSELF BEFORE THAT HAPPENS!
Odin: I'll get the rope ready. **walks off**
You can be a real ass sometimes.
Well, one thing I'd like to pinpoint are the formatting errors. You can't really read anything, and it really gets on the nerves.
Besides that, the quality is still there. I hope my fics can be this good someday.
Odin: **from a distance** Dream on!
Goddammit, Odin! You can be worse than Sol!
-Melchior-
Numb -lazy 2 log in chapter 6 . 3/1/2003
Oh well, that was great. Ash being a masochist, an intersting plot. What else can I ask for? The only thing I noticed and disgusted me was the fact that you made Gary and Sabrina the 'I know all the answers and I'm ever so smart', while you let Misty in a stupid, impulsive and brainless position, full of mistaken actions and little thinking.
DJ chapter 6 . 12/2/2002
Pretty awesome fanfic altogether! Keep it up!
Rebecca Cage chapter 6 . 10/18/2002
I just added this fic to my favorites. It was extremely hard to find. I looked for it for over a month before I found it tonight.
Bozzer chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
Absolutely terrible! and thats putting it mildly.
Master Garo Shirikuso chapter 6 . 5/29/2002
Hey!

I saw your name in one of the reviews for Poke Actor's Lecture Fic! You sounded like one of those Authors who wanted to take the concept of Pokemon, and deepen it. Darken it. You've done a very good job. Great combination of First-Person, Adventure, Action, Darkness, and LOTS of Drama. You have a good style of writing. Good luck, and may success follow you always, because it STILL hasn't yet found me!
Master Garo Shirikuso chapter 6 . 5/29/2002
Hey!

Dragoness chapter 6 . 5/12/2002
Heee...Hee...Hee...*blinks* That was odd. The heehee stuff. The fic wasn't entirely odd. *_~*;; ahh welll...Hmmm...Review review...Gwah...I canna thinka nuthin' man...*sweatdrops* Okay, gotta think..Hmmmm...I dunno! Bwah. It was a very interesting read. Very very interesting...Much blood and ash-pain. Very fun...Er...You know what I mean. Bwah. Um. I can't think of anything, I really can't...Uhm...Yeah I'll stop before I make a fool out of myself, even though I probably already did...Well, at least let me assure you that it was quite a good read. Hee...Tat's all *_*;;
Dragoness chapter 3 . 5/11/2002
I don't know if I'll be able to get to the other chapters tonight, so I'm gonna review here for now...Lemme see...um...Geez louise. Ummm...(did I just say that? oh well) Uh...Hey look it's tomorrow! Eheh...heh...I know you keep saying this is influenced by Llyxius's fic but all that angst seemed very OH-esque if you ask me. or maybe it's just me. I dunno. *yawns* Wow, did I mention it's 12:00? :/ As in...midnight? Hmm...Yeah I think I'll stop for now. Save stuffs to read laters, ne? Oky, tat's all! *_*;
Ly the werewolf chapter 6 . 3/8/2002
Holy crap! That was THE best angst AAMRN I've ever read. You're such a talented author!
Ly the werewolf chapter 5 . 3/8/2002
Yaaahhh! Ash is better!
Ly the werewolf chapter 4 . 3/8/2002
Freaky. It's hard to believe Ash could ever be like that...
cultnirvana chapter 6 . 3/8/2002
Again, an amazing story. Really nicely finished. You can see that Ash still has a long way to go. I know you'll probably hate me for this but...sequel? If you wrote one I'm sure a load of people would read it (I certainly would, no doubt about that). The fic is defiantely on my faves list (and you on my fave authors list).

Oh, you put my name up in the author notes bit. Thanks (that made me blush a bit).

PS I know how you feel. Writing fics and reading reviews have helped me get through my first year of university too (well, I've still got a few months to go).

Luv, Karen..