Reviews for But somehow a most melancholy
Rydan fall chapter 32 . 1/1
You know, if that means Mai will take a trip to Kawloon on biard the SLS Nike in order to buy the factory machinery...
Then I hope the Wolverines still have their other jumpships around, even if in mothballs.

It is that or buying the machinery from the Wolverines, who I think are also facing such a bottleneck.

As for buying it from Ngo, I bet there is currently a couple of Wolverine ships in the sphere, seeing what is going on.
Probably a few of them are Tramps.
Wgat about giving them a HPG message to order in bulk from Ngo?
Main problem is time, really.
If only they could go on a raid of the colonies or else, recover sections from the various colonial shipyards, their wrecks.

Mmm, with enough fuel you could use the Colonial jump drives to quickly go to Kawloon and back again.
See if the Gimini freighter its build could be done on a bigger scale, using a Battlestar drive train for propulsion.
Else use the three Defeners in Galactica her RTF.
The gap between the legs (Y), would Behemoths fit there?
Yeah, Nike, Pegasus and three Defenders at a minimum, if you go and buy machinery from Ngo on Kawloon.
Would really make Starcom do a spit take, you know.
If the Wolfs Dragoons are around, then they too would be shocked, just like every house lord.
Especially if thanks to reasons, they are forced to jump inside a gravity well it do a pitt stop along the way in order to get some emergency supplies for one reason or another.

I also think the BioCylons could not have got every space going group.
I mean, pretty sure they had pirates and other maffia related crime going on.
Ad in the asteriod mining explorationsm the way a Basestar could with minor modifications be used as the basis of a underwater city...
Well, I think there must be more out there, including warships.
Afteral, just ring engineering on shipwide and tell them to pull the plug from the router power lines.
Without power, no routers, without routers, no direct communication lines between computers.
Can then always order the more important systems to be pulled free from the main net, giving me several nets.
Might need slightly more crew, but with most of the networks put back in place, I only would need crew to handel the different networks.
And if you figure it was the new CNP programme, how many fleet ships had it already installed?
There are still ships out there, fighting, including the experimental prototyping shipyard.
Do you really think they would use the latest software, that might still have bugs in it, when testing new equipment that might still have design flaws?
Nope, you use tested systems and software, where ever you can.
Pretty sure the Colonial Navy was already playing around with a few ships mend to replace the Valkyrie and Mercury classes.
Same for the small craft.
Ad in that with the Colonial jump drive you can really jump anything...
Well, do not be suprised when such a testing division uses a experimental jump cable shipyard as its base.
Happy hunting, BioCylons.
Rydan fall chapter 26 . 12/31/2016
Now with that fusion bottle, imagine what happens if you ad grav tech to concitrate the fusion a bit more?
Make it denser?
You might be able to get more power out of a amaller fusion bottle the should be possible.

Still, what was the reason they did not even check if they could drag that Kowloon jumpship with them?
If nothing else, they might have been able to canabilise her for part needed to bring the SLS Kaga online.
If not while recovering her, then later back at New Circe.
It seems a bit sloppy, you know.

Say, ever thought about a SI into Battletech?
One where you are on board the experimental Argo class dropship Argo, on her first jump?
I am pretty sure Comstar either sended one of her warships after her jumpship exit point, used a agent to cause a heavy miss jump or caused the jumpship to self destruct.

The Manassas proves temperal jumps are possible.
The Argo is 52.000 tons, thus needing two collars.
And if the rumor of the Argo her second collar is true, then another dropper of 48.000 tons or less, is docked to that second collar.

A Lola III has zero collars, though.
So would a M5 Caspar Capital Drone have any collar on it?
I ask since the M3 Drone was based on the Pentagon class dropship and quite wide spread in the Terran Hegemony.
Knowing that the M9 Pavice automated space defence stations also exist, lead to the question what is in between the M5 and the M9, it also makes me ask, what was the M4.

The Star Lague had five different robot systems.
Space Defence System
Small Agricultural Robot
Large Agricultural Robot
Security Robot
Mining Robot
This coupled with the factories and shipyards, which could be very well be mounted inside a spacestation of some kind and...
Well, if I went with a automated defence system, I would also go with a automated supply and repair system.
One capable of building a Caspar from the grounds up, if needed, though needing human confirmation for that.

So, from which time map would the Terran Hegemony SDS be?
Because that would tell you the aria such a place could be in.
It certainly would not be a live system, as in having a garden(?) world, in it.
In 2570, the Free Worlds League was one of the states boarding it.

On another point, there was a jumpship with a tripple core.
If the rumor of the Argo is true, then it should be possible to make a single core jumpship with the ability to carry several active cores with it as cargo.
Active, since else you would have problems when jumping.
Housed in their own pods that can be disconnected frombthe ship.
Basically, use the multi core setting to carry around a couple of Argo and Behemoth based KF core containing (drop)pods.
One of the problems would be the timing of the initiator charge or should I say, the moment the pulse arives in each core.
Another problem would be that the pulse goes from one side to the other, meaning no straigh KF booms between the cores, you would need angled KF booms to keep the pulse going forwards at the same speed.
Which is a idea tangle useable within several Battletech stories.
Still, both the Argo and the Behemoth could make a noice jumpship basis, just needing the cores of a Explorer and a Scout.

I love nBSG crosses and Battletech could really do with a nBSG tech mindfuck.
I bet everybody would hate a new build Mercury block IV, thanks to its hybrid tech base.
Which is one of the reasons this story is still highly thought about, by me.
And well, it is always a good read.
W chapter 32 . 7/6/2016
Interesting story, to bad you discontinued it
Guest chapter 32 . 3/9/2016
Mai Ngo is distracting the story from Nike Kara not being able to sync with the new flight helmet and space fighter is a distraction fighting the cylons should be more the center piece
alichi chapter 32 . 11/11/2015
A way more engaging and entertaining fic than Hunted Tribes. And I like Hunted Tribes enough to have read it four times.

Sad about the discontinued label but at least the activity on your account gives hope for more Hunted Tribes in the future.

Thank you for sharing this story.
djolds1 chapter 32 . 10/4/2015
I know you've discontinued this story, but it really needs expansion to 50 chapters or so. Nike needs to hack the skinjob cylons en masse, remove the Cavil programming in all of them, and turn the other models, centurions and raiders loose on the model that manipulated them into doing a genocide. Followed by peace, love and happiness, of course. :)

In other news, Nike really needs to learn human personalities and stop running her plans to within 0.1% of the red line; her crews won't survive.

Oh, and when "captains" in ground forces come aboard naval vessels, they get courtesy promotion in title to one grade up. In the case of Colonial ranks, Kat should be addressed as "Major" while serving aboard Nike - only one captain on a ship.
djolds1 chapter 29 . 10/3/2015
Loving it.
djolds1 chapter 22 . 10/3/2015
Cavil as the Evil Wizard of Oz. Nice.
djolds1 chapter 21 . 10/3/2015
A neurohelmet to interface Nike to a cylon is perfect for the BTech universe.
djolds1 chapter 12 . 10/3/2015
Loving the story.
Guest chapter 32 . 9/26/2014
Brilliant story - I hope you complete it soon!
JV chapter 14 . 8/15/2014
Good story ... I like the other Hunted Tribes. I would like to see these continued and fleshed out.
iconofcoolness chapter 32 . 1/12/2014
While I realize that it's been 4 years since you've updated this story, I have to say that I am disappointed that it's not finished. Chances are this review will never be seen again, but I am inclined to leave a review anyway simply based on the fact that my personal rule is that I never leave a story I've read, without a proper review. That being said, I have to say that this story is good enough in content, length, creativity, flow, and structure. The character depth and description, is well done, and entertaining. Overall I give this story a thumbs up, and it's a shame it's not finished.
Ridli Scott chapter 32 . 6/17/2013
I just read again this story and Hunted Tribes again.

Possibly the best Battletech crossover with Battlestar Galactica 2000, is a real shame not continue. I will continue Follow both stories even if one day I get a pleasant surprise.

You did an impeccable and impressive job

Syphon01 chapter 14 . 8/14/2012
Just discover this gem.
It's a pity it's not being continued.
I look forward to Nike and the carrier appearing in hunted tribes.
that carrier will make a hell of an air base against the toasters.
just imagine cavals surprise when it launches a hundred or two Kirghiz jump fighter at a basestar.

Ps can you PM me Cannonshop link or that of one of his stories.
I tried searching for him and got no result