Reviews for White Lies and Violets
Kathy De chapter 12 . 6/21/2015
Great story !
MyLadyLorna chapter 12 . 1/21/2012
You took me through the emotional paces with this story: anger, sadness, giddiness, relief, etc. All of them and that's not easy to do, so bravo! What I appreciated most was that you didn't write smut, but had a a plot that could have actually happened. It was convincing and real. Well done!
smut1956 chapter 12 . 10/28/2011
Lovely story with just the right amount of pathos as you realistically track a brain tumor.

The last scene is breath taking, it reminds me very much of the satisfying moment in "The X-Files" episode "Sunshine Days" where Monica Reyes takes John Doggett's hand and he is at once stunned and at home.

Thanks for sharing this.

T.
Feral21 chapter 12 . 8/18/2011
Loved it, had me going from the start. Really well done.
gloutoon-mana chapter 12 . 6/24/2010
I do love this story since the beginning up to its end. I enjoy the relations, what happened, all. Congratulations.
Alamo Girl chapter 12 . 6/21/2010
This was absolutely exquisite. Truly a triumph of writing and characterization. Rarely have I read a "character has a health scare" fic that can absolutely capture my attention with you spot on character voice and action. Lightman is a hard character to nail, and yet, you nailed him effortlessly.

And your flow and prose were spot on perfect. I truly hope you write more for this fandom. It needs more wonderful writers like you. Bravo!
inmate23 chapter 12 . 2/7/2010
I'm new to the show and just got around to reading the stories - I have to say yours is one of the most realistic. Congratulations on writing a great story, with believable in-character Lightman and Foster and everyone else. And I think that if the writers ever decide to get these two together, it should be the way you wrote it. That was a beautifuly poignant ending and considering their closeness, very beliavable. I would certaintly like to see that on the show as I find its subtlety much more their style then verbaly confessing their undyng love to each other. Anyway, just my two cents. Hope we'll get to read some more from you in the future. Keep up the excellent work!
Dimac99 chapter 12 . 1/2/2010
Excellent story. I think Gillian has to be the one to make the first move if it's to be believable because I don't think she's unaware that he's got feelings for her - she's the one who insists on the line and so this read *real* to me. Thanks for sharing it.
tigerlily124 chapter 12 . 12/26/2009
Nice story! I really liked this!
chellejay chapter 12 . 12/8/2009
hey, thanks for a wonderful story. It left me smiling. cheers.
Nicole chapter 12 . 11/27/2009
This was amazing. The gentle and subtle ending was one of the sweetest I've read so far in this fandom.
kiterunner1 chapter 12 . 11/23/2009
amazingly written, best one I've read so far.
thisaccountisdeadnomorestories chapter 12 . 11/23/2009
OMG AMAZING STORY.

I wish they kissed in the end though.

Otherwise, amazing.

Grammars good.

Characters are good.

x
alainnrois chapter 12 . 11/23/2009
OH! I hate when people do this to me but -SEQUEL? lol. It's just too good! Wow I loved this story. I'm sorry I can't give you a more decent review, I'm just flailing still. All I'm gonna say is this story was very well developed, plot to execution. Your writing style is really good and there are some things in particular that I liked especially. For example:

"All at once she found herself acutely aware of Cal’s presence beside her, of the measured pace of his ambling gait and the quiet rhythm of his breathing. She was as comfortable with him as she was in her own skin, and she wouldn’t trade the easy compatibility they shared for anything else in the world."

If I start quoting everything I'd like, this review will never end. That's why I'm just gonna say GREAT JOB.
lovethemajor chapter 12 . 11/22/2009
I love it when an ending to a fanfic doesn't disappoint. So many times they become occ, or the scenario wouldn't have ever occurred on the show. But your ending chapter - with it's wonderful rationalization and realization of Gillian's feelings for Cal, could not have been better executed. Some wonderful lines about water nibbling away the edges of lines in the sand, and Emily's perceptive words... But for me, the heart of the chapter lay in it's final sentences :

"She took a deep, deliberate breath, and then lifted her arm from her side and took Cal’s hand, lacing her fingers through his.

He stopped short, gazing down at their entwined digits like he’d never seen appendages before. The look of dazed astonishment that flooded over his face was palpable, almost comical, as he processed the meaning of this subtle, gentle joining of their hands – a small and simple act, yet quietly profound.

Biting his lip, he squeezed her fingers and then drew one arm across her shoulders, pulling her in tight against his side. Shooting her a sidelong glance suffused with tender, shy gladness, for a moment reminding her so much of a bashful teenager out with his prom date that she had to stifle a grin.

It was time to find out if they could have both truth and happiness – and that was no lie."

Those images will stay with me for a long time.