Reviews for Aunt Wodehouse Pays a Visit
To-The-Barricade chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
I would of called this: What Les Mis Would Be Like if P.G. Wodehouse wrote it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only teenager who has read P.G. Wodehouse or has even heard of him! Thank you for this!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Did you just combine Les Mis with P.G. Wodehouse?! Genius! I am obsessed with both of them! Thank you!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 5 . 1/27/2012
Goodness, what can I say about this that hasn't already been said before? This story had me rolling on the floor laughing, particularly Grantaire's endless stream of ideas involving some form of prostitution (and the selling of fish). Your characterizations are always amazing, but your Bossuest has a particular loveliness to him that really shines through in this story. Him and your Joly really do make a perfect pair. I stand by the fact that your Combeferre is probably my favorite in the fandom, tying only with ColonelDespard's. Even the Amis that we don't really see in the fic have a gorgeous presence, which is the mark of both good writing and good characterization if you ask me. I noticed that this hadn't been updated in a long time, and I don't know if you have any plans of updating it at all, but just know that I really enjoyed the five chapters that are here. :)
JesterBellsILove chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
Oh my gosh, this fic is just as incredible as all your others (yeah...I kind of read them all, ehehe). I know you haven't touched it for a good while, but PLEASE write more! I love this so, so much! It's writing like this that's getting me through a very stressful time. \;)

JBIL
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
I loved the Erasmus quote. Overall a very fun chapter. I love your ability to bring to the forefront the more obscure Amis.
ColonelDespard chapter 5 . 10/31/2009
This is right up with your usual exceptionally high standard. It was a particular delight to finally have a more intimate acquaintance with your Grantaire, who is here in all his classically imbued awkward sodden glory. I love the interplay with Friche – who does not like him – and the other Amis who are quite willing to tolerate him because he is so very, very clever and because he really does have a decent heart under the impossible exterior.

Poor Combeferre – one can feel sorry for him in the absolute hilarious absurdity as he tries to reign in some of the more wildly humorous members of the ABC. Thank goodness Courfeyrac wasn’t added to the mix, or he’d have lost more than a lense! So many touches I love – Combferre affirming that Enjolras *does* have feelings, and they’d be outraged by the excesses suggested by Grantaire, and of course the yes-it-does-still-count-even-if-it’s-Courfeyrac exchange. The whole prostitution debate will no doubt go down as one of the best Amis moments ever written in fanfic. Bossuet bounces so very well off Grantaire!
LesMisLoony chapter 5 . 10/29/2009
Combeferre's glasses and Grantaire's obsession with prostitution have turned me into a giggling mess. This chapter is pure art. Oh my gosh. I'm bordering on incoherent.
Enjy chapter 5 . 10/29/2009
Oh dear, that was beautiful. I'll have to write down '...Athena for Combeferre, because cross-dressing was a staple of any good, classically inspired drama' somewhere.
BeBopALula chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
I love how Grantaire turns Combeferre's objections to metaphorical prostitution into speculations about literal prostitution. I also love poor Friche and the too-blond eyebrows of Enjolras.
Bramblefox chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
My goodness...how is it that Grantaire's ramblings can be so hilarious? And Combeferre's repeated 'no prostitution!' had me in stitches. Thank goodness that I'm alone at the moment-people around me would think there's something wrong. I'd point out everything I love about this but that would take far too long...so I'll stick with repeated adulation. XD
Enjy chapter 4 . 10/19/2009
I am imagining a very dignified Enjolras as he walks a lobster in the Luxembourg. I love it.
LesMisLoony chapter 4 . 10/17/2009
This is so *delightful*! The skulls thing made me laugh so hard. And then Joly just got cuter and cuter as the chapter went on. I love everyone trying to support each other as Combeferre scolds them like a cranky mother hen and threatens to go get Enjolras. And the image of him leading Enjolras to a better table for speechifying! And telling Joly he's going to get gangrene and die. I laughed out loud so many times when I was reading this. It's just precious! And the plot! It's all coming together now, thanks to Courfeyrac.
ColonelDespard chapter 4 . 10/15/2009
So here's where the "I love your characterisations and all the interactions!" macro would come into play. I just feel compelled to say it with every new chapter.

Love the intensification of the informer subplot and the addition of Joly's duel...see those Wodehousian complications start to build! Combeferre experimenting with Nitrous Oxide...oh dear! Reminds me of my mother's stories about what it was like to be dating CSIRO scientests and what they were getting into. Combeferre on laughing gas - the mind boggles. Combeferre in general is brilliant here, from the reference to him not usually needing to deploy a scolding as he's a master of the cutting one-liner, to Bossuet not falling for Saint Combeferre Can Do No Wrong. And keeping an eye on Jehan and Enjolras...(and then, of course, even in your angst-free fic it hit me: the Barricade scene and the aborted exchange). Jehan and the skull punch! And sweet little Jehan and his curiousity about the results of an apocalyptic conflagration...I'd love to have seen the look on Combeferre's face when that came up.

Courfeyrac and his plot. Oh dear. Oh dear, dear dear. I didn't think this could get any better as it was already perfect, but...!
LesMisLoony chapter 3 . 10/13/2009
Oh gosh, I wish all fanfiction was this delightful. Courfeyrac is such a loveable... presence... and Bossuet's feelings for Joly are absolutely understandable and adorable. This chapter got me thinking about the parallels between "l'aigle" and Joly's "ailes" and I got to squeeing. Bossuet and Joly get along so naturally. I've never resented Musichetta so much in my life.
ColonelDespard chapter 3 . 10/12/2009
And this story continues to set a new standard for Amis fics...

First couple of pars are a gorgeous encapsulation of Joly. And there was a good dose of Courfeyrac! His summation of the "people ball" theory in Symposium Win...I'll never read it another way again. Courfeyrac really is the friend we all want/need.