Reviews for Monster
Arkham House chapter 1 . 11/4
Wow-a "Shambleau" story! I read this when I was 13, way back in 1966, when I was discovering SF/ Dad had the original pulp magazine it appeared in, still barely hanging on to life before crumbling away like all pulps... Anyway-intriguing. Reminds me a bit of the novel "Grendel", Beowulf-from-the-monster's-point-of-view... Indeed-who is the monster, anyway? A neat little story, and it's fun to see a C. L. Moore used in a fan fiction piece. Would love to see a companion piece to "Bright Illusion", or "No Woman Born", or most of all "Judgment Night", one of the best SF novels ever written...thanks for sharing this.
TeresaLynne chapter 1 . 4/22
A very interesting take on one of my favorite stories! Many thanks for posting this! :)
Verity chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Good story, thanks!
Cerydden chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Well, you actually made me feel sad for the other Shambleau. I read the C.L. Moore story ages ago and was pleased to see someone write a fanfic for it. As I remember, Northwest told Yarol that he'd TRY to resist another one of them ... perhaps there is an opportunity for Grey Eyes to have revenge? Thanks for your work!
Jirel chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I don't know which I find more enjoyable - that you know C.L. Moore or that you've written a great fanfic about the first NW Smith story I ever read. Yup, I call myself after THAT jirel and have for almost 30 years. Started out as an SCA name and became a computer name.