Reviews for Lesser Evils
Windle chapter 13 . 2/26
Odd, I could have sworn I commented on the latest update. I actually coincidentally checked up on this story seconds after it updated. The alert hadn't even reached my inbox yet.

As odd as it sounds, I'm actually glad Callista was burned for her generosity towards the party. I admit that despite her stalwart loyalty to her friends, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that if she's forced to make a choice between her companions or survival, she'll side with the Legion. There's just some sort of visceral satisfaction I feel when companions, friends, and morals are sacrificed on the altar of selfishness, ambition and greed. Though it totally won't keep me from enjoying the story even if that doesn't happen.

I can imagine Nerothos still has quite a bit of blackmail on Callista to keep her in line. That dwarf she killed may still come back to bite her yet.
Shinkicker chapter 13 . 2/24
Holy balls this was a long time coming. Nice to see though. So off to see the Dreadlord, I guess. Did the others know of Banehollow? Also would not Vorthal know Eredun? Being a Draenei from Argus he'd surely still know the language?

Thanks for posting.
Harlequiin chapter 13 . 2/22
YESSS, Updates!
And maybe we get to see our favorite dreadlord again. Nethoros to the rescue!
I really liked your first story too, but I feel you are too nice to your main characters, needs morrrreee GRIMMmmdarrrk (or maybe not).
Aren is just so responsible, and a nice foil for Callista, kudos for great characterization.

Cheers, keep writing because we like good stories,

-H
reality deviant chapter 13 . 2/22
GREAT CHAPTER. AND I AM GLAD TO SEE THIS FIC UPDATE.
Can't wait for next chapter.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/30/2014
I've read both your stories in a 2 day bout and that means something to them. I'm not usually that consistent in finishing reading stories. I'm glad it's still being updated. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the glaring lack of Nerothos and fight scenes. Fortunately that'll be rectified in the next chapter, right? I'm looking forward for more, your work is appreciated.
madcat911 chapter 12 . 10/26/2014
A romance fanfiction worth reading. Well isn't that a surprise. I have romances filtered out when I browse this shithole of a website, but I'm glad yours managed to slip through.

Isn't that just the highest praise? I'm glad you escaped my "shit stories" net?

Well, on a happier note, your story isn't just "worth reading", it's actually enjoyable. I'm looking forward to your update with baited breath and thankful that I stumbled upon this 5 years after it was published because mother of fuck you are slow as all balls and what you write is too good to wait for.

Let that be also a bit of encouragement to actually follow through with your update, too. If you need help editing I'm available. I can't promise to be kind but I can promise not to take five fucking years about it.

Seriously, this story is great and one of the rare few on that is worth braving the quagmire of Jaina Proudmoore wankshit for. And THAT is high praise, because the Jaina Proudmoore wankshit is thickly spread and very shit. I've got nothing but praise for your writing and I don't really even have any suggestions to make because the structure, grammar, dialogue, everything is fine and I know that whatever plot you've got planned out will be exactly what I wanted to read anyway, because everything you've written so far has been exactly that. My only, and very minor, request would be more Vorthaal and the other supporting characters because they really bring the story some life and levity. What you have is fine but I hope it doesn't taper off and they remain as prominent, if not more.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you don't die between now and your update, and depending on your update that may even remain true afterwards.
EmEx chapter 12 . 5/19/2014
Oh god, you updated! And it was an amazing one! The notification was buried in my inbox but I'm so glad I caught it!

I'm fascinated by the interaction between all the characters, as usual, and by whatever this new situation in Calista's life will mean for her, the party and this foolish endeavor -she might call it.

Thank you so much for letting us know there is future for this fantastic piece of fiction!
Yezca chapter 12 . 4/14/2014
I am so glad to have stumbled upon this. GREAT storytelling skills! I am drawn to all the characters! Please update soon, may life allow you to!
Sacide Darkpath chapter 12 . 10/30/2013
I doubt that this review will ever be read, but I'd like to say how much an impact your writing has had on me. This story, coupled with it's "prequel" Hell For The Company has been one of my alltime favourites in the entirety of .

I cannot express the times I have reread it and I can say, the chemistry between all the characters is great. If there's one thing I'm looking forward to, It's Nerothos' appearance. No doubt he'll make things exceedingly worse for our poor warlock star.

Your style of writing is, if this makes sense, addictive. It flows so nicely and I don't think I've even been able to spot a single error. Hats off to you!

My only critism is that I wished our dreadlord would pop up already. Haha, okay, so that isn't really a critisim. I'm willing to sit and wait for the next chapter and I was so estactic to hear that you're coming back to it after that hiatus. I'm waiting on the edge of my seat!
Fallarin chapter 12 . 9/24/2013
You're back! You're back! That's definitely worth saying twice, at least, for a number of reasons. One of them is serendipitous; this morning, I was struggling through a hellish, chick-lit sludge of a book by Cathy Lamb for a book club discussion. I finally gave up after a few chapters, flung the thing aside, and decided to check my email. What did I find but an update from you. I dived in immediately, and it was such an immense relief to once again discover your effortless prose, imaginative metaphors ("Too many reasons, twisted and blended together like drops of dye in water," brilliant), and your envious ability to avoid sentimentality while still making your characters' thoughts and dialogue sensitive and self-recriminatory. You are an incredibly perceptive writer. After reading some of the tripe that actually gets published these days, I am more pleased than ever to have discovered you here.

On to the chapter. There is so much interesting interaction here, on a lot of different levels. As always, you provide levity with witty dialogue and good comedic pacing, as in the bits with Callista and Ander, and even Callista and Wynda (although that is slightly more admonitory in tone). And, as always, even the levity is thoughtfully and properly darkened by Callista's continual internal dialogue. One of my favorite parts of this chapter happens during Aren's point of view, when he wishes that Callista would speak plainly. In some ways, she speaks more plainly than any other character. Only the reader knows just how much her frank, austere words are twisted on their way out of her wily brain. Now, though, it seems that Aren is aware of it too, which is an interesting dichotomy, given his clearly conflicting thoughts about Callista, and his obvious attraction to her. He is not quite as muddled as he appears, and his POV is a nice counterpoint to hers, with his simple, cleansing ritual of morning prayer. That is a nice touch.

More and more, I grow fascinated by Callista herself. You have created a person whose ethics are at best questionable in everything from her choice of profession to her motives in an otherwise simple conversation. She shows little ambivalence to anyone who knows her, and is clearly something of a mercenary personality, but she is not exactly lacking in altruism, even if she seems to be trying to convince herself otherwise. She is remarkably human and complex, and does not lack the courage of her convictions. Now that she, however reluctantly, has taken on the mantle of responsibility to this group, the story looks to get even better from here.

I'm so glad you've decided to finish it, and cannot wait for the next update. You might even inspire me to do something more with my own long-defunct account.
Shinkicker chapter 12 . 9/21/2013
Holy crap. Long time no see.

Good to we an update! Though I'm struggling to remember the particulars though. But ultimately they're going to meet up with the Natherzim beneath Fellwood right?

Anyways! Tha is for posting.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/20/2013
Yessssss! My precious! It's SO good to have you back. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on my favs list. Loved the chapter and the news that next updates will me more frequent filled me with joy. Thanks ;)
reality deviant chapter 12 . 9/19/2013
goodchapter.
glad to have this back.
will you expand to calista's family? i think it would be interesting plot point later-family reunion ..
Windle chapter 12 . 9/19/2013
I'm glad your back! Funny, I was just rereading Hell for the Company earlier today. Admittedly, I'm not much a fan of romance, but I still eagerly await what you have planned.
Guest from7911 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013