Reviews for Lesser Evils
Darkwysper chapter 15 . 7/9
Yay omg an update! OMG OMG! So excited! Can't wait for the next installment! As always the characters are what make your story truly great. They are just so believable and realistic and have their own unique personalities. I love Callista's ruthlessness and I love how she openly admits to Aren that she had no problem siding with the demons to get out alive! I love it and I'm so happy that Nerothos is back! He's by far my favorite character!
Harlequiin chapter 15 . 5/16
I wonder how she is going to negotiate herself out of this one.
Windle chapter 15 . 5/7
Callista and Nerothos exchanges are always entertaining to read, so maliciously witty in a hilarious way. Nothing quite like it in most any stories I've read prior.

The portal is a surprise, it looks like Beltherac's found out about this little security leak.
Fallarin chapter 13 . 5/4
This is my favorite chapter so far. I read, over and over, the paragraphs in which Callista attempts to bind the doomguard - your words are so visceral, and leave such a lingering aftershock, that it's a surprise to go back and discover how few of them you actually use to describe the scene.

Back to my original sentence. I love this chapter best not because the action is clearly moving toward a gelling and inevitable conclusion (although it is); but because of how uncomfortable it makes me. Call me a pessimist, but I cannot see the relationship between Callista and Aren lasting. Sweet he may be, and possibly very good in bed, but he isn't enough for her, and it seems that you have written this without stating it. If I'm right, it's brilliantly done. Aren is either unwilling or unable to confront the complicated truths about Callista. He is too busy justifying and/or hiding from his part in the Stratholme debacle to give his full attention to a woman as complex as she is, even if his own demons allow him to understand her much better than most other paladins possibly could. I might be reading too much into this chapter, but it seems as if the genial camaraderie the group enjoys before they are waylaid is going to be as good as it gets.

I have two more chapters to read and review - how delicious! - so maybe you will prove me as wrong as you have capably done in the past. Either way, I enjoy your work as much as ever and am delighted to see all these updates.
Dres chapter 15 . 5/4
The wait wasn't as crippling as it was before *wink* But all worth it. Especially for Nerothos Callista interactions, I could listen (read?) to those two snark at each other for hours. Poor Aren though.. I can imagine how he must feel to learn all of it.

Also, #TeamWynda. She's one of the few that can get away with that.

This is honestly one of my favourite fanfictions, and I can't wait for Chapter 16!
reality deviant chapter 15 . 5/4
good chapter.
nerethos scene was great, and i love your charactarization of azlia here. cool sayaad she is.
reality deviant chapter 14 . 3/30
great chapter! this is a great WoW fic and it made me very happy to read this. I look forward to Aren meeting Nerothos...and the mischief Cllista will get into this time.

the inside look at the emons in this story is pleasing as well.
madcat911 chapter 14 . 3/29
Fantastic work, as usual. My only complaint is how sloooooooow you are, but good things take time I guess.

It's nice to see this story finally picking up and heading towards the place where I feel it's intended to be going. Not that the preceding 13 chapters were useless filler - they're good enough to be the start of a standalone story by themselves - but this really feels like the "starting point" and everything else was getting the runners up to the mark.

It's hard to have a good opinion on pacing when it comes to stories that come piecemeal so maybe it just feels slow because it's taken six years to get to this point.

That said, I'm not sure how you'd pare it down any, and like I said earlier it's not as though I didn't enjoy those chapters. I did. It's just that I feel like I'll enjoy the next ones even more.
Xee chapter 13 . 3/13
This story is amazing. First fic and writer I've ever bothered to follow or favorite. Please write more. I love how your descriptions of areas we know in the game seems so real without being too long and drawn out.
Windle chapter 13 . 2/26
Odd, I could have sworn I commented on the latest update. I actually coincidentally checked up on this story seconds after it updated. The alert hadn't even reached my inbox yet.

As odd as it sounds, I'm actually glad Callista was burned for her generosity towards the party. I admit that despite her stalwart loyalty to her friends, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that if she's forced to make a choice between her companions or survival, she'll side with the Legion. There's just some sort of visceral satisfaction I feel when companions, friends, and morals are sacrificed on the altar of selfishness, ambition and greed. Though it totally won't keep me from enjoying the story even if that doesn't happen.

I can imagine Nerothos still has quite a bit of blackmail on Callista to keep her in line. That dwarf she killed may still come back to bite her yet.
Shinkicker chapter 13 . 2/24
Holy balls this was a long time coming. Nice to see though. So off to see the Dreadlord, I guess. Did the others know of Banehollow? Also would not Vorthal know Eredun? Being a Draenei from Argus he'd surely still know the language?

Thanks for posting.
Harlequiin chapter 13 . 2/22
YESSS, Updates!
And maybe we get to see our favorite dreadlord again. Nethoros to the rescue!
I really liked your first story too, but I feel you are too nice to your main characters, needs morrrreee GRIMMmmdarrrk (or maybe not).
Aren is just so responsible, and a nice foil for Callista, kudos for great characterization.

Cheers, keep writing because we like good stories,

reality deviant chapter 13 . 2/22
Can't wait for next chapter.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/30/2014
I've read both your stories in a 2 day bout and that means something to them. I'm not usually that consistent in finishing reading stories. I'm glad it's still being updated. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the glaring lack of Nerothos and fight scenes. Fortunately that'll be rectified in the next chapter, right? I'm looking forward for more, your work is appreciated.
madcat911 chapter 12 . 10/26/2014
A romance fanfiction worth reading. Well isn't that a surprise. I have romances filtered out when I browse this shithole of a website, but I'm glad yours managed to slip through.

Isn't that just the highest praise? I'm glad you escaped my "shit stories" net?

Well, on a happier note, your story isn't just "worth reading", it's actually enjoyable. I'm looking forward to your update with baited breath and thankful that I stumbled upon this 5 years after it was published because mother of fuck you are slow as all balls and what you write is too good to wait for.

Let that be also a bit of encouragement to actually follow through with your update, too. If you need help editing I'm available. I can't promise to be kind but I can promise not to take five fucking years about it.

Seriously, this story is great and one of the rare few on that is worth braving the quagmire of Jaina Proudmoore wankshit for. And THAT is high praise, because the Jaina Proudmoore wankshit is thickly spread and very shit. I've got nothing but praise for your writing and I don't really even have any suggestions to make because the structure, grammar, dialogue, everything is fine and I know that whatever plot you've got planned out will be exactly what I wanted to read anyway, because everything you've written so far has been exactly that. My only, and very minor, request would be more Vorthaal and the other supporting characters because they really bring the story some life and levity. What you have is fine but I hope it doesn't taper off and they remain as prominent, if not more.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you don't die between now and your update, and depending on your update that may even remain true afterwards.