Reviews for Shield
damn all good names are taken chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Very good (but it's 'Kaidan' and 'Akuze'). I always envisoned Shepard as being completely determined (like hell three aliens and a pompous politician would stop her), like even if Anderson hadn't saved the day she'd have thought of something (from the scene you re-wrote Shepard says something and Kaidan replies, 'You have something up your sleeve, Shepard? What am I saying, when don't you?'). But still, your interpretation of renegade Shepard as more vulnerable / breakable is intriguing.
Michelle167 chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
A very nice take on a familiar scene. Think I liked your version better than the in game one. Always thought their should have been more than one kiss attempt after the council meeting.
Vshard chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Now that's a new take on that one. Very nice.

For a second I actually considered whether a renegade Shep might sort of fake the vulnerability to manipulate Kaidan to move in... makes for an interesting twist on the new version you wrote.

As always, I hate seeing Shep cry, but it's always worth it with a Kaidan shield/eh... yoga mat :p
Padbie chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
I really like your take on the whole "locker scene" from the game. I enjoyed reading this. Setting it in Shepard's quarters allowed her to be even more vulnerable, which was fun.

Aside from a few spelling errors and one or two phrases that I got hitched up on regarding flow, I thought this was really good. I like your picture of Shepard. She seems tough, easily angered and volatile - a little dangerous.

And she clearly is all powerful over Kaidan. :)

Keep it up!
American Blondie chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
A nice twist to the dialogue and what usually happens, and I must say I liked your version alot better! Great job, I loved the way you wrote this :)

Do you plan on doing any more chapters? I'd love to see your take on the rest!