Reviews for A Thousand Years of Stories
Sashabelle chapter 3 . 4/30/2010
keep updating please, I remember I only read one story from Lost Odoosey and skipped the rest.(they were way too long!)
Sashabelle chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Wonderful! Update again!
Littleminnie chapter 3 . 12/26/2009
It's a shame that the LO boards can be a bit dead because there are fantastic stories like yours that people are missing. I think you write wonderfully and capture the iconic, yet tragic personality of Kaim. And not just Kaim, but the environment too. Everything you describe is vivid and beautiful, really reminiscent of the original 'A Thousand Years of Dreams' in LO. You write really fluidly and concisely and you have a style that's really easy to read yet misses nothing out. I have nothing to critise because I enjoyed it immensely, I felt like I was playing LO again. And that's never a bad thing! (I've played it twice through, around 65 hours each time; a lot of my life has been invested in that game :D)

- Minnie
CirceKat chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
One of the story threads that I liked in Lost Odyssey was the gradual change in Jansen's character from a person who is self-centered and pleasure-seeking to someone who genuinely cares about other people and is willing risk his life to protect those he cares about. I think you captured it quite well in this little vignette.

I also like the way you suggest an almost father-son relationship between Jansen and Mack-there are various places in Lost Odyssey where this is hinted at. I think it's an idea that is worth exploring. It's nice to think that the reformed Jansen will be a good, doting father to his kids with Ming.

Also appreciate the little bits of humor, especially the comment about inappropriate outer wear.

Nice work!
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
I love this, just a brief snapshot of what might be going through a character's mind in-game. That's my favourite kind of fic, to be honest, especially when it's as well written as this. Jansen is just perfectly in character, and his train of thought throughout the chapter seemed exactly spot on. I can't write him myself, so I've got great respect for those who can. I'd love to see some more chapters!

And I think I remember wondering about Ming and Cooke's poor choice of attire when I was up to the snow trail in the game, hehe, I was glad you pointed out that little fact.
JansenFriedh827 chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
xD lol! Aw, I love Jansen XD

For sure, disc 3 was probably my favorite; or, more specifically, this part, where all of them got split up. Loved it, and I loved how Jansen lead. xD

Way to spoil the moment, Cooke. And yeah, I wondered why Cooke was wearing just about the same amount of clothing as Ming. Isn't she like, ten?