Reviews for Lovely Ashes
Cassie-011 chapter 25 . 8/1
Omg just when its getting good you stoppppppppppp... I need an update pleaseeeeeee!
DSOB chapter 26 . 7/31
please update!
I've read this story in 2016 and I thought you gave it up already!
good thing I came back to reread it!
love to see more of them! LOVE IT LOAD! this is actually my fav tom riddle fan fiction, believe me!
please update!
ps. I'd love to see more rational and cool Audrey! she been a bit off a little haha
however, your fluff tom is cute (conflicted but cute!)
Verona1700 chapter 1 . 7/26
This fic is amazing, I can't wait until the next update!
sarahmchugs chapter 26 . 7/14
Please continue this, it's great!
XxPaperbackWriterxX chapter 1 . 7/1
OMG I’m so glad I found this fic again! I read it forever ago when you first published it and it honestly got me into fanfiction so thank you for that! Also you’re super talented, I really hope you’re continuing this fic because it’s a treasure!
Maggie Wilde chapter 26 . 5/30
Me: *explodes* Wow is it hot in here or what? I read this story ages ago and really enjoyed it, so naturally I was delighted to see you updated. This is definitely one of the better, well-written pieces on this site Tom/OC wise (and I've read a LOT). I love your interpretation of Tom - somewhat reserved, cold, distant but charming when he has to be. I would've liked to see him more involved with his followers - at this stage he definitely would have a group by now but in this story he seems somewhat distant from them. However I've read other stories where he commands them like he's Voldemort already which doesn't seem very likely. I also really like the fact that Audrey adores Dumbledore (there's a fair amount of Dumbledore bashing on this site which baffles me). Dumbledore's not so suspicious of Tom that he's at the point of being ridiculously harsh (another trope) nor is Tom stupid enough to showcase his dark side to him. Tom is quietly, almost modestly powerful and that's exactly how I would imagine he'd be at school. Audrey is certainly a stand-out OC, which I love. I love the fact she's big-mouthed, a great Quidditch player, courageous and stands up for herself. However, I find the reasons why Dumbledore/Snape has sent her back in time a little farcical. Why are they doing this and how does it tie in with canon? Are you altering the canon? (maybe I missed something?) Secondly, choosing her as someone to undertake this very important task seems...unlikely? She's not someone who thinks about her actions before she says or does things and isn't very logical. Everyone doesn't have to reflect the qualities of their houses, but I'm struggling to understand why she's in Ravenclaw! She's definitely got qualities such as resilience and bravery which is handy. I also really like her name. Audrey Lovecraft/Fitch is such a normal name that fits in well with the HP universe - OC's can sometimes have names like 'Persephone Emmanuelle De Ariancourt' or something equally as annoying. The main thing that niggled me about this story is your repetitions of her thoughts that reflect on Tom's behaviour or her own when you're trying to pull them together. By this I mean, 'Where did this blanket come from?' or 'Why did he act so annoyed when the Vampire was talking to me?' or 'Why was she blushing?' Message me if you don't understand. It's entirely obvious (or should be) to your readers why he is doing those things/why she is feeling those things. Because you've repeated this several times, it treats the readers as somewhat stupid. We can guess and know why he did that or why she feels that way. It's obvious in their actions. Doing this for the first time is fine, but you have to move on from that and show it in a different way.
Anyway, this has turned into a ridiculously long review! Overall, I think this story is great and I'm excited to read some more. I hope you're going to throw in some twists that might be different to how other time travel fics end. Also, I'd like to see more Tom (without Audrey) and your interpretation of his evil actions that defined his teenage years. Hope I didn't sound too harsh! :)
Nina3KPop chapter 26 . 5/16
Great story! Love it so far! Are you planning on updating anytime soon? Cause I'd read it if you did :)
moiradeathwidow chapter 26 . 5/9
Damn that was good. Please update soon, this is one of the best Riddle fic I have ever read.
Please update soon!
Update, please?
blueerimartian chapter 26 . 3/27
OH MY BEJEEZUZDJSJDJDJDJSJS I WANT TO CRY THIS IS TOO PERFECT OMY GOODNASSSSS JDDNNDNDJFNFJD UPDATE SOON PLS
butiloveyou chapter 26 . 3/11
Omg please update.
Any chance this is getting continued?
Need to know what happens next
uh... did she not think of the room of requirements... the room that gives you whatever you need... like a bed? I mean... she's a smart ravenclaw right... and she seems weak having to rely on riddle... just seems weird she'd go there is all
Wynter Phoenix chapter 26 . 2/8