Reviews for Back on the Beach
stefanie bean chapter 1 . 4/5
I'm always on the lookout for a story which lets Hurley shine. This one gives a nice interpretation of the scene where Juliet "truths" Sawyer and Sayid. I like that Hurley's friendship makes her confident enough to do that.

At this point in LOST, Juliet is so forlorn. She's been abused by Burke; deceived by Ben; has been in an affair with a man who won't leave his wife for her (Goodwin), and then told flat out by Ben that she's his prisoner. And she's sparring with Sawyer, even if they do get together later.

Hurley is a man she can rely on, and it doesn't have to be in a romantic way.

Love the ending, too: "Keeper of the secrets and friend of the friendless." Spot on!
D.D. Casale chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
“WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE?”

It’s so funny watching season three now that we know Juliet and James will end up together. They clearly hated each other back then!

SHE JOKES, “I HAD THE DAY OFF.”

Did she really, or she just didn’t exist yet back then? LOL

“WHY WOULD YOU WANT ME AS A FRIEND? I MEAN I’M BAD LUCK.”

Oh, Hurley is so cute!

JULIET SOBS QUIETLY AND IS COMFORTED BY HURLEY’S BIG ARM AROUND HER SHOULDER. “DON’T CRY JULIET – I’LL HELP YOU GET YOUR CAMP SET UP AND MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS.”

Do I feel a new ship rising? We know that Hurley likes blondes. ]

HURLEY FELT HIS CHEST EXPAND WITH PRIDE. ON THIS BEACH, HE WAS THE HERO OF THE GROUP. KEEPER OF THE SECRETS AND FRIEND OF THE FRIENDLESS HE WAS SUPER-HUGO.

Nice, Super-Hugo, really nice, great job.
KaydenceRei chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Ahaha. 'Super-Hugo'

I love it :) as always with your stories Marla. :) I'd leave a better and longer review, but of course.. my internets being weird, on and off..

But thank you for a great story!