Reviews for Bite Marks
nichbuket chapter 40 . 11/21/2009
I love how you pace the story, so I actually read faster; like a roller coaster. ;-)

This chapter was so touching, that at the end I was screaming NO! for Spike.
Brunettepet chapter 39 . 11/20/2009
I stand corrected. The Guardian smacking Giles down for trying to side step the prophecy was amusing, though the future outcome is still devastating. Nothing has been resolved. Buffy and her Spike are still at odds, and Vamp!Buffy and her sire's rift has widened immeasurably. Spike may be regretting his rejection, but he's not dashing to Vamp!Buffy's side to apologize either.

Now that Drusilla's on the scene, here's hoping she's able to push Spike to make a decision. Leaving his childe alone to her fate is cold and cruel. I can't believe Spike would let her dust without seeing her one last time.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Brunettepet chapter 38 . 11/20/2009
Vamp!Buffy and her sire are playing a game of emotional tug of war. Her sire hates how he's changed his Buffy's world, but he's still drawn to her. He thinks staying away is somehow going to help, but instead it's just proving to his childe how much he wants her gone. It's hard to read.

Giles' silent plea for Vamp!Buffy to come back into the fold once she's out from under Spike's thrall has suffered a devastating loss. It appears that The Orb of Thessula couldn't shove a soul back in her. Could it be (as I'd suspected) that the vampire retained her soul? If so, then her connection with her sire is stronger than Giles hoped. Vamp!Buffy isn't on the outskirts of the gang because of being soulless, she's on the outskirts because of being connected to Spike. Any Spike. Her friends and sire are just going to have to deal.

Sorry about the late review, missed this update in a crammed inbox!
XxNovellaxX chapter 39 . 11/14/2009
What is dru doing there? she ruins everything! lol. Awesome. I am so excited to see how it ends!
cordykitten chapter 39 . 11/14/2009
Oh it was the Guardian that broke the Orb. So it sounds as if there is no rescue for vamp!Buffy, never was.

Yeah, sire!Spike found Dru again. Wonder if that will make him happy now.

Looking forward to more.
cordykitten chapter 38 . 11/14/2009
So sire!Spike is gone (that was the impression what I got and what vamp!Buffy thought). She never killed a human as a vamp so I assumed she had kept her soul, didn't need another and they wanted to soul sire!Spike.

Unexpected that the Orb is destroyed now before they even could start.

Maybe it was never meant for Buffy then? Not really sure. *reads on*
nichbuket chapter 39 . 11/13/2009
I think it's the human condition to continue to fight tooth and nail for something, even if the result is out of our hands, and even if it was blindness/selfishness that spurred Giles' actions, I'm glad you brought that out. Furthermore, it was amusing that Spike found her as soon as he stopped actually looking for her. Irony is fickle. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
nichbuket chapter 38 . 11/13/2009
The way you capture the character's lives/experiences draws a person in deeper, makes them feel like we know them, like they're family. When they are happy, sad or worried, we feel the same for them. Really one, if not my favorite story. Can't wait for more.
CliCliW chapter 7 . 11/12/2009
Ah! Now It's actually starting to make some sense! I'm loving the story right now, but it was just really confusing for me to follow. Now the two separate stories are beginning to merge! Awesomeness must ensue!

I actually clicked on review after every chapter, i just couldn't think of anything worth saying and for that, i'm sorry...
Brunettepet chapter 37 . 11/10/2009
Spike stomping through Sunnydale, angrily reminiscing about the way his slayer has touched his unlife was vivid and emotional. It seems he finally realizes what he has been bound and determined to lose is not someone he wants to lose at all. Here's hoping it's not too late.

I love that Future!Buffy was allowed to get some closure with Joyce. That "I love you" probably healed a lot of heartache. Her sweetness to Spike was also nice, though of course she'd take that nice gesture as a chink in her armor against the vampire. It's no wonder she ran off. This trip has been way too emotionally revealing for the slayer. She hates feeling vulnerable. Vulnerable equals weak in her head.

The entire graveyard scene was stellar. Spike's predicament was laugh out loud funny, and I enjoyed Buffy goading him. Their post-rescue conversation was both funny and revealing. This Spike hates how pussy whipped her Spike is, and loves to throw how far his counterpart has fallen in Buffy's face. In his head, it's all the slayer's fault. He might not be wrong that she shares some blame, but Spike was the fool that fell in love with a slayer. It's not like she's encouraging him. Much. Hmm, maybe this Spike is on to something.

The scene at the school was well drawn, though you've left me feeling sorry for this exhausted group. Willow finds a source, but of course it's impossible to believe the goods can possibly arrive in time. The spike of hope quickly dissipated, leaving more anxiety in its wake. Nicely done.
Brunettepet chapter 36 . 11/10/2009
Giles and Willow's idea about the soul looks good on paper, but The Guardian's words have put that possibility right out of Vamp!Buffy's head. Her behavior still has me wondering if somehow she has kept her soul, and if that is true, the ritual is not going to play out as the gang expects. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Like Buffy, I don't understand why her sire won't offer some comfort to the soon to be sacrificed vampire. She keeps pushing him away, but why can't this vampire take a note from our Spike's playbook and just push back?

The group visit to Revello was vivid and heart warming. Joyce hit all the right notes welcoming her daughter back home, not even flinching at the cool embrace. It was lovely.
Brunettepet chapter 35 . 11/10/2009
The exit from the warehouse was both vivid and surreal. I liked the image of this group dematerializing and re-manifesting and The Guardian was an excellent surprise. She offered little hope to Vamp!Buffy, but her straightforward words to both Spikes were a balm. Buffy's delighted reaction to her vampire drove home the truth to those words.
Brunettepet chapter 34 . 11/10/2009
The participants' shifting takes on the warehouse's interior and Sir Intagar's cryptic greetings were all intriguing, and I was left wondering what made each of these scenes and characters manifest.
Brunettepet chapter 33 . 11/10/2009
Spike's self satisfied reaction to poking the hatch was short lived, and I enjoyed the comedy of those five answering thrusts. The dash through the tunnel was vivid and exciting, as was Spike's leap through the canopy of leaves and roots. Buffy's improvised cave in was clever and it gave the group just enough time to hide.

The sheer amount of attackers is quite daunting, as was Dexter's news that Lord Impari sicced the assassins on him because he thinks Dexter still holds the dagger. What is the demon going to do when he discovers the truth? Well, I guess the gang is going to find out!
XxNovellaxX chapter 37 . 11/10/2009
Okay. so I started from the first chapter on Sunday I think. And just caught up now. I think this story is amazing! I love the way you describe things, I can picture it all in my head as I read. And this last chapter. I swear I got a lump in my throat when Slayer Buffy was talking to her mother. This story must be coming to an end soon huh? well I hope to see another chapter soon, since I finally caught up.
155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »