Reviews for A Mirror Darkly
AC01 chapter 7 . 5/16
While this certainly isn't bad for smut, I'm afraid that it's difficult to seriously review it for plot. The logic behind their interactions is contradictory, seemingly because of denial, but it reflects more of a convoluted sense of complete ignorance and, honestly, random whim. I've read lengthy stories or even one shots where there was the element of rape, with Jareth as the aggressor, and, while inexcusable, at least there was enough plot and character to reinforce the expectations of his faulted justification for dominating Sarah.
I don't enjoy elements of rape, but I can appreciate plot substance and deep character development.
Sorry, I can't overlook the lack of depth after the first handful of chapters. Nothing personal and certainly no intention to insult, but this isn't for me.
AC01 chapter 4 . 5/16
Not a lot of preamble or "setting the stage", and some aspects of their behavior seem disjointed... I'm not quick to judge, so I'll keep reading to see the nature of further development
ChiffonShock chapter 49 . 5/9
Really enjoyed this! Gotta love an angsty smexy!
nirebr.neko chapter 45 . 5/2
SarahlouiseDodge chapter 49 . 10/11/2015
Wasn't sure at first but quire enjoyed this
FlowingSilverDreams chapter 49 . 2/28/2015
Super cute story, I loved all of the characters and unique ideas. Great work!
Gabriele chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
the absolute best Jareth and Sarah fan fic I've ever read! I read it more than five times now and the ending still gives me chills as I want to know what happens after, its unfortunate a story can't go on forever! thankyou for writing such a beautiful piece x
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 19 . 8/4/2014
Jareth's sister is so cool! :P
KrisNoel chapter 49 . 6/25/2014
This story was so good, thank you for writing it! So glad I found it!
Starviking chapter 42 . 6/9/2014
I do like how both Sarah and Jareth knew, at separate times, that the baby was going to be a girl.
Starviking chapter 48 . 5/9/2014
Don't mess with Sarah in Mama Bear mode!
Honoria Granger chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
This is a great and dramatic and hot chapter. But I'm puzzled as to why he is so opaque with her after. He says nothing to her except go clean yourself up, which doesn't seem like any kind of proper reaction to finally getting what he's schemed for and wanted for so long. You really need to explain why he's behaving like that to her, and she needs to wonder about it more or react more to being raped. They're both reacting very umcharacteristically. Did neither of them get any pleasure out of their encounter? It just reads very strangely.
Jags chapter 49 . 2/12/2014
That was wonderful. I'm so happy I stumbled onto your works. Thank you thank you!
I LOVED THIS chapter 49 . 1/29/2014
Seriously GREAT job! I have pushed reality aside to escape into this story and I am DEEPLY upset that it is now over :'(

Wish there was a sequel...
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 49 . 12/3/2013
Wow. Just wow. It's 2 am and I have an English midterm I haven't studied for yet. I just couldn't stop reading this! Best Labyrinth fic I've ever (and probably will ever) read. I like how by the end they're equals and how the OCs were Mary Sues or anything. I'll probably be re-reading this for years to come. Hats off to you!

Yours sincerely,