Reviews for Which Happens Somewhere in the Middle
Earial13 chapter 10 . 2/20
This is brilliant! Exactly the fluff I needed after the first book! You write these characters so beautifully, and have solid grasp on their personalities. Howl and Sophie fighting is hilarious xD I would absolutely love a one shot from the last scene of Castle in the Air when Howl’s disguise is revealed, or a fic set between CitA and House of Many Ways. Either way, thank you thank you for blessing us with this gem! Definitely one I’m going to reread!
rasberryjam chapter 10 . 8/13/2017
I Love It.
The voice of the story sounded closer to the novel than a YA book.
That's a plus in my book!
I like that bit of romance between Howl and Sophie. It doesn't seem awkward or out of character.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/3/2017
Thank you for such a great story! Will have to reread Castle in the Air now!
toomanyfeelz chapter 10 . 10/18/2016
This was a really great connecting story, I always wondered what exactly happen when the djinn attacked and how far along Sophie was at the time. I usual pictured her about halfway through her pregnancy and then turning into a cat sped it up, but I like this interpretation too.
The style was very nice and you seemed to catch Howl and Sophie's personalities fairly well (sometimes they were more fluffy and gushy than in the books but weddings and babies can do that to people). Overall Oh, also I like Edmund and his kind of side plot with his family.
I can never get a strong hold on how I picture Fanny, sometimes she's the sweet mother who just wants what best and then others she's how she is here where, yes she loves her daughters and wants to help, but for entirely selfish reasons.
it was a really great read and I loved every bit of it. My favorite part was definitely Sophie telling Howl she was pregnant. Thanks for writing!
KM2000 chapter 10 . 7/28/2016
This was a nice read overall. I like reading stories about what happened to Howl and Sophie in "Castle in the Air" so it was nice to see your version of how the djinn stole the moving castle. How you wrote it was almost exactly how I imagined it happening. I always thought that during that argument, Howl would have been thinking of Morgan as well as Sophie when he was trying to get Sophie to go to Wales. :D The only thing different in how I thought it went down is that I always thought that their argument was less tearjerking and sentimental than you made it seem, if you get what I mean. And I always thought that Howl had to gabble the cat spell in a hurry.

Also, I'm not sure about your characterisation of Howl in this fic. It's slightly different from what's actually in canon, and I have to admit that I did miss those moments when Howl was being Howl. :D

Great job overall though! :)
Fher34 chapter 2 . 6/5/2016
Oh, brother. We all knew this was going to happen. Best of luck! :P
Fher34 chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
Ah, this is very cute! I read the book and watched the Japanese movie and can't get enough from either of them!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/26/2015
It was cool! I guess I need to go read the amazing DWJ's sequel now :)
Dimac99 chapter 10 . 10/19/2014
I really enjoyed this. Yes, it did get a bit sentimental in the middle, but weddings and babies have that effect, hardly your fault! ;-) I especially loved Calcifer in this, properly sparky but still very caring in his own way. I think I'll have to reread Howl's Moving Castle again soon so I can reread Castle in the Sky again, because I barely remember it. I had forgotten the djinn, isn't that terrible? Anyway, a good fic, with a nice mix of lightness and dark.
diamonday chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
I read the whole story and loved it! You did excellent job, and also added much more fluff than in the actual books. However, it's acceptable because
1. This is fanfiction
2. I love it and
3. It's still "in character" and believable. In the books they obviously love each other very much, but don't shout it to everyone. That's just DWJ's style. :)
Thank you for this story!
x
mars tea chapter 10 . 4/16/2014
i have two words: the feels :D
*squeals*
*explodes*
Nuingarien chapter 10 . 4/14/2014
I needed a Howl and Sophie fic since it's just been too long and there are no new ones to follow so I reread this wonderful fic of yours! I hope you'd write about them again... Please...? Cheers! BTW, I just love the amount of fluff you sprinkled this with!
JuSt To RaNdOm chapter 5 . 3/4/2014
I've been reading your stories since I got home today, and it's really hard to get work done because I just won't stop. I've been saying "one more chapter" for hours now, and it has gotten a bit ridiculous. 99% of me wants to thank you for writing these blessed and capturing stories,but the 1% wants me to hate you for writing these delicious stories that are still making me procrastinate.
T420000 chapter 10 . 2/7/2014
fabulous story! Such a cliff hanger though! I shall have to pick up the book. Wonderful job.
Autumn Illusions chapter 10 . 11/12/2013
I loved this! It was just the thing I needed to link HMC with CitA. I really enjoyed reading this and your writing style was absolutely awesome. I'm sure Diana Wynne Jones would have been proud of this if she read it. As for your question about romance I thought there was just the right amount, maybe a little less would have been better. All the same I really liked this and I'm favouriting it. Thankyou for writing this story for us fanfiction readings. I loved it! :) 3