Reviews for Which Happens Somewhere in the Middle
It was cool! I guess I need to go read the amazing DWJ's sequel now :)
Dimac99 chapter 10 . 10/19/2014
I really enjoyed this. Yes, it did get a bit sentimental in the middle, but weddings and babies have that effect, hardly your fault! ;-) I especially loved Calcifer in this, properly sparky but still very caring in his own way. I think I'll have to reread Howl's Moving Castle again soon so I can reread Castle in the Sky again, because I barely remember it. I had forgotten the djinn, isn't that terrible? Anyway, a good fic, with a nice mix of lightness and dark.
MasterOwl chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
I read the whole story and loved it! You did excellent job, and also added much more fluff than in the actual books. However, it's acceptable because
1. This is fanfiction
2. I love it and
3. It's still "in character" and believable. In the books they obviously love each other very much, but don't shout it to everyone. That's just DWJ's style. :)
Thank you for this story!
x
folklorer chapter 10 . 4/16/2014
i have two words: the feels :D
*squeals*
*explodes*
Nuingarien chapter 10 . 4/14/2014
I needed a Howl and Sophie fic since it's just been too long and there are no new ones to follow so I reread this wonderful fic of yours! I hope you'd write about them again... Please...? Cheers! BTW, I just love the amount of fluff you sprinkled this with!
JuSt To RaNdOm chapter 5 . 3/4/2014
I've been reading your stories since I got home today, and it's really hard to get work done because I just won't stop. I've been saying "one more chapter" for hours now, and it has gotten a bit ridiculous. 99% of me wants to thank you for writing these blessed and capturing stories,but the 1% wants me to hate you for writing these delicious stories that are still making me procrastinate.
T420000 chapter 10 . 2/7/2014
fabulous story! Such a cliff hanger though! I shall have to pick up the book. Wonderful job.
Autumn Illusions chapter 10 . 11/12/2013
I loved this! It was just the thing I needed to link HMC with CitA. I really enjoyed reading this and your writing style was absolutely awesome. I'm sure Diana Wynne Jones would have been proud of this if she read it. As for your question about romance I thought there was just the right amount, maybe a little less would have been better. All the same I really liked this and I'm favouriting it. Thankyou for writing this story for us fanfiction readings. I loved it! :) 3
Chica Plutonio chapter 10 . 9/26/2013
And, here I’m writing you a review. Firstly, you must know that my mother tongue is not English. I’ve been studying the last couple of years but I’m not good enough at writing this kind of things, at least in a non-academic way… (I just have been writting analysis and essays for short-stories, a couple of novels -‘Gathering Blue’ mostly- and so on…) So you may find errors… hope you can understand what I wanted to say…

The last month I’ve been reading all Howl saga. No need to say that I loved it all. I watched the movie -after read the first book- and I loved it too, now it’s one of my favorite movies. I really liked Howl and Sophie story, so once I finished reading the books, I started reading fanfics about it. So I found yours.

Tell you that I liked it is not enough. I really enjoyed reading your story -despite the fact that I have to use my dictionary a lot of times ‘cause phrasal verbs and so on-, even all the romantic parts. I don’t usually read romantic stories (though I enjoy reading which does content romanc)e, but I found quite lovely those love scenes… I don’t feel that you incurred in ooc, it is true that we didn’t see much of romance in the books, but I think that there does exist romance, at least after the end, in the story Diana doesn’t tell us, between ‘Howl’s Moving Castle’ and ‘Castle in the Air’. As you named the story, “which happens somewhere in the middle”, I think that could be the story about what happened before the castle was stolen...

It would be interesting to see your version of the facts, the other side of the story in Castle in the Air, what did Sophie do before the soldier and Abdullah found her, how Howl and Calcifer end up as a genius and a magical carpet (it’s that the way you say? We said “alfombra mágica”, and I read the book in Spanish, so not sure how to call Calcifer after he was bewitched…) and what happened with Michael after all came back to normality. Would be nice read about him getting merry with Martha….

Back to the story, as I said previously, I like it. I laugh a lot reading about Howl and Sophie’s discussions, mostly that one when he turned into a child. That was my favorite! I read about “Twinkle” in House of Many Ways, and I thought I would never read about it again. Was a wonderful surprise he’d turn into “Twinkle” only to bother Sophie… I imagined he looked pretty adorable… seriously someone has to make a child-Howl fan art!

I liked too you included Sophie’s sister, and the part of the wedding.

Summarizing, I think you did a great job. Writing is not always easy as it looks, so I admire you for doing such a good job. I’m working on my own Howl and Sophie story (to be written in Spanish so far…) it’s more kind of oneshot, not a large like this one. But, after reading yours, I’m quite interesting in writing my own kind-of-large story. I have a couple of ideas, but I need to work on them first… and also get some time… It’s exams period, so I barely had enough time to write this. In fact, reading your story was like a little escape from my grammar and phonetic & phonology English books. And I enjoyed a lot.

So, I have to say goodbye… if I don’t, I’ll regret in a few days, when I’ll receive my grades, and my teacher tells me that I deserve a huge cero for lose my time reading fanfics instead reading the handouts she’d send. (well, one good excuse could be that I’ve learned new words and that I practiced my English grammar by reading and writing this… xD)

PD: Well, you aren’t the only one who has been possessed by Sophie. Sometimes I also find myself talking to objects -well since I read Howl’s Moving Castle-… even to my cat! Can you believe that!? I’ve said him things like “you are a really sweet cat, don’t you?” or “bite/scratch my brother!” etc…. Maybe is something that happens to readers who immerses in Howl’s world… xD

Hope to read more of your stories in the future!

Greetings from Venezuela.

AkaShoujo off.
GianniBoBonnie chapter 10 . 9/16/2013
OHMYGOSH! You did such an amazing job with this story! If I could, I'd hug you right now hahahah
crestfallenantithesis chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
I remember reading this story at 3 AM and sitting in my bed, sobbing at times and giggling and squealing at other times. It's an incredible story and you're able to capture the characters' complexity in an elegant style. I'm so excited that there's such an amazing fanfic for one of my favorite stories!
distantsilhouette1999 chapter 7 . 7/14/2013
Amazing! You mirror Diane's writing style really well :)
distantsilhouette1999 chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
I loved this chapter so much!
distantsilhouette1999 chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Amazing so far!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/3/2013
I really love your story - you capture the characters so very well!